Developer

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by jsmorley »

Great. Glad to help.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I am increasingly of the opinion that all this might be clearer if like Substitute, DecodeCharacterReference and DecodeCodePoints were "general measure options", instead being options specific to WebParser. Those latter two behave exactly like Substitute does, and might be more intuitive if they were documented in the same place.

We are still chewing on that though...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 2:49 am I am increasingly of the opinion that all this might be clearer if like Substitute, DecodeCharacterReference and DecodeCodePoints were "general measure options", instead being options specific to WebParser. Those latter two behave exactly like Substitute does, and might be more intuitive if they were documented in the same place.

Whatever you think it's best - as I said, personally I'm ok with either option, don't know about other folks. As long as it works, all good. And sure, some note in the documentation (including how such substitutes don't actually change the value of the measures until that value is "asked for" some place else) would be positive, IMHO.
dragon57

Post by dragon57 »

jsmorley wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 2:49 am I am increasingly of the opinion that all this might be clearer if like Substitute, DecodeCharacterReference and DecodeCodePoints were "general measure options", instead being options specific to WebParser. Those latter two behave exactly like Substitute does, and might be more intuitive if they were documented in the same place.

For what it is worth, I am a Rainmeter coder from way back. I would prefer having those options as "general measure" as well. Makes more sense to my old coding mind.

Regardless, I'm so grateful for the continued work everyone does here. My virtual hat is off to you.
pbutler6

Post by pbutler6 »

jsmorley wrote: August 1st, 2020, 5:49 pm I will take a look at using 1-Day Forecast Hourly, Current Air Quality, Forecast Pollen, and maybe adding just tons of Moon and Sun data with "astro".
Thanks for all the work you're doing. Any possibility you can also include some of the Almanac data? I would certainly like to use that too.
klgrube

Post by klgrube »

Hi! Thanks so much for working on this. I'll gladly wait until there's a good fix for this, but I wanted to clarify something . . .

Will we see a new link here for an updated version to download or will there be code we'll need to copy and paste somewhere? I'm a little uncertain about what our next step as users will be. I'm glad to wait patiently, and i completely understand what's going on. I'm just not sure what we as users will need to do. I'll keep checking back here for an update. I just need some clear instructions, whether it's to download or to copy and paste and exactly what to copy and where to paste.

Thanks again!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

klgrube wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 9:00 pm Hi! Thanks so much for working on this. I'll gladly wait until there's a good fix for this, but I wanted to clarify something . . .

Will we see a new link here for an updated version to download or will there be code we'll need to copy and paste somewhere? I'm a little uncertain about what our next step as users will be. I'm glad to wait patiently, and i completely understand what's going on. I'm just not sure what we as users will need to do. I'll keep checking back here for an update. I just need some clear instructions, whether it's to download or to copy and paste and exactly what to copy and where to paste.

Thanks again!
It depends a bit on which weather skin you are currently using. Can you provide a link to where you got it?
Jose Hidalgo

Post by Jose Hidalgo »

Guys, I have no words! :D Everything seems to work just perfectly now! O.O
  • Updated Rainmeter to the latest beta
  • Replaced the inc files of my favorite weather skin with the latest ones
  • Edited WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
  • Changed language to french, units to metric, etc.
  • Entered my own longitude/latitude found with Google Maps
  • Saved changes, started Rainmeter and... BOOM!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You guys ROOOOOCK!!! :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Jose Hidalgo wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 12:37 am Guys, I have no words! :D Everything seems to work just perfectly now! O.O
  • Updated Rainmeter to the latest beta
  • Replaced the inc files of my favorite weather skin with the latest ones
  • Edited WeatherComJSONVariables.inc
  • Changed language to french, units to metric, etc.
  • Entered my own longitude/latitude found with Google Maps
  • Saved changes, started Rainmeter and... BOOM!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You guys ROOOOOCK!!! :thumbup:
Excellent! Everything's coming up Milhouse...
klgrube

Post by klgrube »

None of that answers my questions.

What exact download do we need and please provide a link for each. I have no clue where to go.

What edits do we need to make to what files or what steps do we take AFTER we download these files. Please be precise.