It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:57 pm

[Bug] Rainmeter opens PNGs, ICOs, other files randomly

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Bug] Rainmeter opens PNGs, ICOs, other files randomly

Post by Yincognito »

Cariboudjan wrote: July 23rd, 2020, 11:41 pm It finally happened again. This time 2 icon files opened with visual studio. Icon12.ico and Icon16.ico. Then a few minutes later, 2 PNG files, Recent1.png and Volume2.png in photoshop.

Each instance of the issue seems to have CANCELLED and FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS.

222.png

444.png

Here is the PML file:

Logfile.rar
The devs will probably take a look at your screenshots and PML file, but I'm wondering: do you use the Mouse plugin by NightHawk? I did recently, and I experienced random opening of the weather.com URL, when holding a mouse button down (I'm 100% certain this behavior was because of this otherwise excellent plugin). If you use it as well, maybe for you it manifests itself by randomly opening image files.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Looks like I'm using the MouseXY plugin from Fawxy. But I'll disable the plugin and see if it reoccurs. I did notice that it happened at least more-often when the plugin was in use, but it's so hard to replicate that might just be a coincidence.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Cariboudjan wrote: July 24th, 2020, 3:05 am Looks like I'm using the MouseXY plugin from Fawxy. But I'll disable the plugin and see if it reoccurs. I did notice that it happened at least more-often when the plugin was in use, but it's so hard to replicate that might just be a coincidence.
Yeah, used MouseXY plugin from Fawxy in the past, but only briefly, so couldn't notice if it produced similar behavior to the one by NightHawk. Theoretically, it could be, since the author mentioned somewhere that NightHawk helped him building this plugin, so maybe some code in these two plugins is similar... :confused:
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

But why would a plugin that reads mouse input cause random images, folders, and icons to load in skins it isn't even being used with?
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

I disabled the plugin but the problem just recurred. Same CANCELLED/FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS pattern.

I'm now disabling all plugins to try to root out any possibility.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Cariboudjan wrote: July 24th, 2020, 3:19 am But why would a plugin that reads mouse input cause random images, folders, and icons to load in skins it isn't even being used with?
I have no idea. Maybe it triggers a mouse action in a specific part of the screen by mistake? That's the only thing I can think of, since the behavior I experienced was the same every time it happened.

Unlike in your case, it always opened the weather.com site for me (which I did use in one of my skins, and did have a mouse click set to open the page, with the exact same parameters the plugin triggered it with), and although the mouse never moved or wasn't anywhere near the place where I had my weather skin, the fact that it triggered the same action on something positioned in a static / constant area made me suspect such a cause. By the way, the mouse action area in my weather skin is positioned top right on my screen, at (1014,0) to (1045, 13) - a very small area on my 1366x768 display.
Cariboudjan wrote: July 24th, 2020, 3:34 am I disabled the plugin but the problem just recurred. Same CANCELLED/FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS pattern.
Yeah, well, I guess it's not the plugin then. At least you took one thing from the culprit list. Sorry to not being able to help you with this - maybe the devs can do it better... :???:
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

No problem. I'm still going through each plugin to see if I can isolate the source of the problem.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

jsmorley, It might be caused by the IsFullscreen plugin. The problem doesn't seem to recur with the IsFullscreen plugin disabled.

Here is all of my code that uses IsFullscreen (directly and indirectly)

Code: Select all

[MeasureIsFullScreen]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=IsFullScreen
IfCondition=MeasureIsFullScreen=1
IfTrueAction=[!DisableMeasureGroup FocusUnfocusActions "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Zpos -2 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Hide "Droptop\DropdownBar\HiddenTrigger"][!UpdateMeasureGroup FocusUnfocusActions "Droptop\DropdownBar"]
IfFalseAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup FocusUnfocusActions "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Zpos ((#AlwaysShowSkin#+#AutohideTopBar#)>0?1:-2) "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Show "Droptop\DropdownBar\HiddenTrigger"][!UpdateMeasureGroup FocusUnfocusActions "Droptop\DropdownBar"]
IfMatch=Explorer.EXE
IfMatchAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup FocusUnfocusActions "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Zpos ((#AlwaysShowSkin#+#AutohideTopBar#)=0?-2:1) "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Show "Droptop\DropdownBar\HiddenTrigger"][!UpdateMeasureGroup FocusUnfocusActions "Droptop\DropdownBar"]

[MeasureSetAppTitle]
Measure=String
String=[MeasureIsFullScreen]
OnChangeAction=[!HideMeter HighlightSelected "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!WriteKeyValue Variables LastFocusedApp "[#CURRENTSECTION#]" "#@#GlobalVar\Control.inc"][!SetOption ApplicationMenu Text "[#CURRENTSECTION#]" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetOptionGroup Toolbars FontColor "#*TopBarFontColor*#" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetOptionGroup SysTray FontColor "#*TopBarFontColor*#" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetOptionGroup MailSys FontColor "#*TopBarFontColor*#,(#*MailNum*#>0?#*TitleOpacity*#:128)" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetOptionGroup SysTray ImageTint "#*TopBarFontColor*#" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetOption BatteryShape Look1 "Fill Color 0,0,0,0 | Stroke Color #*TopBarFontColor*#,255 "Droptop\DropdownBar""][!SetOption BatteryShape Look2 "Fill Color #*TopBarFontColor*#,(165-(110*(#*MeasurePowerVar*#/100))) | Stroke Color #*TopBarFontColor*#,255" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetOption BatteryShape Look3 "Fill Color #*SuperColor*#,225" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetOption Home ImageTint "#*TopBarFontColor*#" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetVariable LastFocusedApp "[#CURRENTSECTION#]" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetVariable LastFocusedApp "[#CURRENTSECTION#]"][!HideMeterGroup Highlight "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!HideMeter HighlightSelected "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!HideMeter NotesSelected "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!UpdateMeter * "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Redraw "Droptop\DropdownBar"]
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.*)\.(.*)$":"\1","^(.*)Rainmeter(.*)$":"#LastFocusedApp#","Droptop ":"","":"#LastFocusedApp#","mspaint":"Paint","SearchUI":"#LastFocusedApp#","msedge":"Edge","ShellExperienceHost":"#LastFocusedApp#","ApplicationFrameHost":"Microsoft App","LogiOverlay":"#LastFocusedApp#","StartMenuExperienceHost":"#LastFocusedApp#","PMA":"#LastFocusedApp#","Droptop Rainmeter":"#LastFocusedApp#","LockApp":"#LastFocusedApp#","MusNotificationUx":"#LastFocusedApp#","ListWindows":"#LastFocusedApp#","steamwebhelper":"Steam"
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=#SetAppTitleOFF#

;-------------------------------

[CompareFocused]
Measure=String
String=#FocusedGroup#
IfMatch=#FocusedGroupPrev#
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetVariable UnfocusAction 1 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSliders "Stop 5" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!HideMeterGroup HighlightSelected "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetVariable ActiveToolbar 0 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetVariable ActiveTray 0 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!#Hide#Group Toolbars "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!#Hide#Group Toolbar0 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!#Hide#Group Tray "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!DeactivateConfigGroup Tray][!ShowMeter ShowTriggerA "Droptop\DropdownBar\HiddenTrigger"][!Redraw "Droptop\DropdownBar\HiddenTrigger"][!DeactivateConfig "Droptop\DropdownBar\ContextBox" "ContextBox.ini"][!UpdateMeasureGroup FocusUnfocusActions "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!UpdateMeterGroup Toolbars][!UpdateMeterGroup SysTray]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1

[IsFull]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=IsFullScreen
IfMatch=Rainmeter.exe
IfNotMatchAction=[!EnableMouseActionGroup "MouseOverAction" Toolbars "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!EnableMouseActionGroup "MouseOverAction" SysTray "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetVariable #FocusedGroup# "None"][!SetVariable UnfocusAction 1 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSliders "Stop 5" "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!HideMeterGroup HighlightSelected "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetVariable ActiveToolbar 0 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!SetVariable ActiveTray 0 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!#Hide#Group Toolbars "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!#Hide#Group Toolbar0 "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!#Hide#Group Tray "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!DeactivateConfigGroup Tray][!ShowMeter ShowTriggerA "Droptop\DropdownBar\HiddenTrigger"][!Redraw "Droptop\DropdownBar\HiddenTrigger"][!DeactivateConfig "Droptop\DropdownBar\ContextBox" "ContextBox.ini"][!UpdateMeasure * "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!UpdateMeterGroup Toolbars "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!UpdateMeterGroup SysTray "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!Redraw "Droptop\DropdownBar"]
; DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1

Code: Select all

[FocusAction]
Measure=Calc
IfCondition=#FocusAction#=1
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable Focused 1][!SetVariable FocusAction 0][!Zpos (#AlwaysShowSkin#||#AutohideTopBar#=1?0:0) "Droptop\DropdownBar"][!UpdateMeasure #CURRENTSECTION#]
DynamicVariables=1
Group=FocusUnfocusActions

[UnfocusAction]
Measure=Calc
IfCondition=(#UnfocusAction#=1) && (#AutohideTopBar#=1)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable Focused 0][!SetVariable UnfocusAction 0][!Zpos 1][!Delay 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureSliders "Execute 2" "Droptop\PowerMenu"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSliders "Execute 2"][!Update]
IfCondition2=(#UnfocusAction#=1) && (#AutohideTopBar#=0) && (#AlwaysShowSkin#=1)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable Focused 0][!SetVariable UnfocusAction 0][!Zpos 1][!Delay 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureSliders "Execute 2" "Droptop\PowerMenu"][!Update]
IfCondition3=(#UnfocusAction#=1) && (#AutohideTopBar#=0) && (#AlwaysShowSkin#=0)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable Focused 0][!SetVariable UnfocusAction 0][!Zpos -2][!Delay 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureSliders "Execute 2" "Droptop\PowerMenu"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
Group=FocusUnfocusActions
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cariboudjan wrote: July 24th, 2020, 3:34 am I disabled the plugin but the problem just recurred.
How do you disable a plugin?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 24th, 2020, 6:28 am How do you disable a plugin?
I don't know how Cariboudjan does it, but I just delete them (if I don't need them anymore) from both the @Vault folder and the C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins folder, or move them to another drive or something (if it's only a temporary thing).
I might be wrong, but I didn't see any option in Rainmeter itself to "disable" a plugin on the fly, so I use brute force on it. :twisted: