It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:20 pm

Help in editing a lua script designed by another person - details in post.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Help in editing a lua script designed by another person - details in post.

Post by Mor3bane »

I have modified the Magnumizer's Countdown Timer, so that it matches my Round Meters suite with different font and images etc.

I am not positive if the correction i wish to implement is founded in the lua or not since I cannot really read lua at all.

I attached the modified skin so that anyone who can help has everything.

As for the issue, I wish for dated/times that are in the same year, month or date (today's date) are not represented by a "1" but a "0", since I do not want to lose the appearance of a timer that encompasses all of date and tim formatting e.g. YY/MM/DD/HH/MM/SS that it does not look right when the time remaining os not greater than the average of 29.3 days on a month year round - the math escapes me so I might be off in my average estimate.

So, ya, inthe same year is shown as a zero not a one, same for all of the time measure digits when the timer is counting down toward a future date/time etc.

Thanks.
Scroll Timer_1xx..xx.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mor3bane on July 28th, 2020, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: Help in editing a lua script designed by another person - details in post.

Post by Mor3bane »

In case the skin is acting quirky comment out this line in the rainmeter section then refresh/reload the skin:

OnRefreshAction=[!SetWindowPosition "149%" "-5.5%" "50%" "0%"]
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'm not sure I understood what your intention is, so let's summarize a little bit: if the month indicator is 1 or above, you want to keep it, if it's 0, it should be hidden. And same for the other elements: if any is zero and all previous are zero, it should be hidden, otherwise it should be shown.
Am I right, or have misunderstood you?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: July 12th, 2020, 3:56 pm I'm not sure I understood what your intention is, so let's summarize a little bit: if the month indicator is 1 or above, you want to keep it, if it's 0, it should be hidden. And same for the other elements: if any is zero and all previous are zero, it should be hidden, otherwise it should be shown.
Am I right, or have misunderstood you?
I am hoping to keep the zero value showing to hold the place for the time measurements, e.g. if month is les than 1 month for it to show a zero, and not a one, as it does now - which is not wrong since the month is not arrived yet but there is not a month of days in exact value rather only the name is not yet changed - but i wish to only show month or day, or hour if there is actually a full value not partial of the time measure.

Did I explain that ok?
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: July 14th, 2020, 6:08 am I am hoping to keep the zero value showing to hold the place for the time measurements, e.g. if month is les than 1 month for it to show a zero, and not a one, as it does now - which is not wrong since the month is not arrived yet but there is not a month of days in exact value rather only the name is not yet changed - but i wish to only show month or day, or hour if there is actually a full value not partial of the time measure.

Did I explain that ok?
Yep, you did, however I'm not sure, because if right now I set the following variables: Year=2020, Month=8 and
Day=14, I get as result 0 months and 29 days. So, no it doesn't show 1 for month, if the time remaining is less then a month. I'm not sure I follow what are you talking about.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: July 15th, 2020, 8:01 pm Yep, you did, however I'm not sure, because if right now I set the following variables: Year=2020, Month=8 and
Day=14, I get as result 0 months and 29 days. So, no it doesn't show 1 for month, if the time remaining is less then a month. I'm not sure I follow what are you talking about.
So if the amount of time is less than 30 days, for example, but the month has not yet ticked, it still shows a one, but a month is not the total amount of time left, then just a personal observation, it should not show a one.

Perhaps, I have been looking at the output wrong, but hat seems incorrect. Does it not?
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: July 15th, 2020, 11:06 pm Perhaps, I have been looking at the output wrong, but hat seems incorrect. Does it not?
Showing the month isn't the best idea, in my opinion. Showing only the number of days is a much better one. Supposing there are 29 days, what this number represents? Is it a month? Depends: if we are in February, it isn't, but now, on July , it is more then a month. So, what the skin should show: 1 month or 0? I believe showing the days, without converting them to month, is the solution.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

I agree.

Having days remaining, regardless of how many months there are is more practical.

Good idea balala.
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: July 19th, 2020, 7:36 am Having days remaining, regardless of how many months there are is more practical.
Alright. Do you need assistance to modify the skin?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: July 19th, 2020, 7:57 am Alright. Do you need assistance to modify the skin?
Yes, please.

However, I note that the timer as is, in all actuality, works as I imagined it 'should'/does. By ticking to a "0" when the remaining days are less than the calendar month.

Although, I would like to ask for help to make the modified skin function with days remaining, rather than months and/or years - due to the preference to not have a countdown that would tick over an entire year - month - then day/hour/minute/second. To just be Days+Hours+Minutes+Seconds.

An interesting alternative to have not only one choice, but to have both selected from my modified date-set - "Months or Days" for example.
My DevArt Gallery