It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:26 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SansVarnic

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.3

Post by SansVarnic »

SilverAzide wrote: June 15th, 2020, 11:25 am The problem is the timeFormat in your variables file is still set to "WinLong". That means it is ignoring your custom format string. This is why it is best to always use the Settings skin (if provided) instead of tinkering with .ini files directly. But, since you're in there already, change the setting to timeFormat=Custom. That should do it.

In answer to your original second question, I don't think this skin can handle multiple timezones. But this one can. This one uses the time format of your Windows settings, so it will be a 24-hour clock if your Windows locale is set that way, but you can override it if needed.
The reason I went in to change the ini is because the setting skin wont accept me selecting a change to 24hr.
Thank you for pointing out the change for timeformat=WinLong to timeformat=Custom that is what I was missing.

I will look into the other gadget you suggested as well.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

SansVarnic wrote: June 15th, 2020, 12:53 pm The reason I went in to change the ini is because the setting skin wont accept me selecting a change to 24hr.
Huh... Weird. It's working fine for me, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. One thing to watch out for is that re-installing ModernGadgets over an existing installation will not wipe out your settings; it tries to preserve your configuration. So to do a clean, from-scratch, install you actually have to delete the entire suite and install a fresh copy.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Thanks for the swift responses everybody! I try to check the forum every day but sometimes I forget.

Anyway, yeah, if you're having issues with the settings skin, I can try to get those sorted out for the next version (coming... someday). What exactly is not working with it?
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
ryouji

Post by ryouji »

The GPU calendar network, etc. is hardly loaded
About 1-2%

When using the CPU resource meter
The load will be about 17-20%

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ryouji wrote: July 11th, 2020, 11:49 am The GPU calendar network, etc. is hardly loaded
About 1-2%

When using the CPU resource meter
The load will be about 17-20%
Make sure you get the latest Rainmeter beta, the one you are using is known to have a memory leak. Next, it appears you have at least 8 (??) skins loaded, and not all are ModernGadgets. Unload all skins but one, then add one at a time until you see which one is causing the problem. Have you made any changes to the CPU Meter skin? With about 11+ skins loaded my Rainmeter usage is ~2%.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Is there a link to the latest beta?
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
dragon57

Post by dragon57 »

y0himba wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:10 pm Is there a link to the latest beta?
Front page of the main site, bottom left.
https://www.rainmeter.net/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

y0himba wrote: July 11th, 2020, 10:10 pm Is there a link to the latest beta?
Download Rainmeter always and only from https://www.rainmeter.net/
ryouji

Post by ryouji »

SilverAzide wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:51 pm Make sure you get the latest Rainmeter beta, the one you are using is known to have a memory leak. Next, it appears you have at least 8 (??) skins loaded, and not all are ModernGadgets. Unload all skins but one, then add one at a time until you see which one is causing the problem. Have you made any changes to the CPU Meter skin? With about 11+ skins loaded my Rainmeter usage is ~2%.
Have you made any changes to the CPU Meter skin
Not change

Log when only CPU Meter skin operates

DBUG (00:29:07.492) ModernGadgets\CpuMeter\CpuMeter.ini - [MeasurePageUsage]: Could not find a category called Paging File
DBUG (00:29:07.894) ModernGadgets\CpuMeter\CpuMeter.ini - [MeasureTopProcess]: Could not find a category called Process
DBUG (00:29:08.305) ModernGadgets\CpuMeter\CpuMeter.ini - [MeasurePageUsage]: Could not find a category called Paging File
DBUG (00:29:08.940) ModernGadgets\CpuMeter\CpuMeter.ini - [MeasurePageUsage]: Could not find a category called Paging File

SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

ryouji wrote: July 12th, 2020, 5:35 pm Have you made any changes to the CPU Meter skin
Not change

Log when only CPU Meter skin operates
Aha, that's good info, thank you! It appears your Windows performance counter database is corrupted. Follow the instructions at the link below, then reboot and see if the CPU Meter behaves normally.

PerfMon Troubleshooting