It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:59 pm

Quantization value for histograms

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Quantization value for histograms

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:11 pm my biggest concern with TransformationMatrix is that it is very hard to get it right with any mouse actions, since the transformation of the objects in the meter don't change the meter itself, which mouse actions are dependent on (aside from the Shape meter that is).
Yes, this is indeed a great disadvantage of TransformationMatrix.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:11 pm Aside from the relative complexity, which is really neither here nor there, my biggest concern with TransformationMatrix is that it is very hard to get it right with any mouse actions, since the transformation of the objects in the meter don't change the meter itself, which mouse actions are dependent on (aside from the Shape meter that is).
Ah, yes. Both valid points, that's true. I wonder, couldn't this mouse action issue be somewhat alleviated by placing the transformed meter in a container or something? Just exploring the possibilities here...

EDIT: I realized that a container wouldn't be of much help, at least not for all the possible scenarios.
Off Topic: Please let me know if you read my post here, so that I can restart Rainmeter if no further "test" is needed from my part. You don't need to answer it, I just need to know if I can "resume" my Rainmeter skins to the "working mode" that's all.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:19 pm Ah, yes. Both valid points, that's true. I wonder, couldn't this mouse action issue be somewhat alleviated by placing the transformed meter in a container or something? Just exploring the possibilities here...

EDIT: I realized that a container wouldn't be of much help, at least not for all the possible scenarios.
The "Rube Goldberg" fix is to add an image meter with the same location and dimensions as the normal meter, and use SolidColor=0,0,0,1 for mouse detection and action bangs.

No other way to overcome the reduced mouse detection of transformed meters that I am aware of. :uhuh:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: July 7th, 2020, 5:23 pm The "Rube Goldberg" fix is to add an image meter with the same location and dimensions as the normal meter, and use SolidColor=0,0,0,1 for mouse detection and action bangs.

No other way to overcome the reduced mouse detection of transformed meters that I am aware of. :uhuh:
What if the opaque shape of the transformed meter is irregular (i.e. not the usual rectangle)? Then the image meter workaround would fail, since the image would have to be "updated" so the opaque pixels of the transformed meter match those of the image meter, right? That's what I was thinking when I mentioned "all the possible scenarios" when editing my initial reply regarding the container being a possible fix...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: July 7th, 2020, 5:35 pm What if the opaque shape of the transformed meter is irregular (i.e. not the usual rectangle)? Then the image meter workaround would fail, since the image would have to be "updated" so the opaque pixels of the transformed meter match those of the image meter, right? That's what I was thinking when I mentioned "all the possible scenarios" when editing my initial reply regarding the container being a possible fix...
It's too hot here... :twisted: Ignore that reply above :oops:

A separate meter that matches the transformed image is needed; whether scaled larger or smaller.

Gonna go get a cold one now! :beer:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: July 7th, 2020, 6:03 pm It's too hot here... :twisted: Ignore that reply above :oops:

A separate meter that matches the transformed image is needed; whether scaled larger or smaller.

Gonna go get a cold one now! :beer:
Oh, don't mind my replies - I also write things that look correct when written only to realize I missed something on a second thought... ;-)
I also suggest to sweeten yourself by eating a cookie or something (like I do now) and forget about the heat and all. :D