It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:20 am

SysInfo - Last Sleep/Wake time

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
ikarus1969

Re: SysInfo - Last Sleep/Wake time

Post by ikarus1969 »

jsmorley wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:24 pm So what happens when you actually sleep and then wake the computer?
Hmm. I select "hibernate" from the start-menu then the pc "shuts down" into this mode. After a short period of time i press the mouse and the pc awakens again. All programs that were running before hibernate are there again - there's no obvious difference i can tell of.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ikarus1969 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:29 pm Hmm. I select "hibernate" from the start-menu then the pc "shuts down" into this mode. After a short period of time i press the mouse and the pc awakens again. All programs that were running before hibernate are there again - there's no obvious difference i can tell of.
Hibernate and Sleep are not exactly the same thing.

https://www.howtogeek.com/102897/whats-the-difference-between-sleep-and-hibernate-in-windows/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ikarus1969 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:29 pm I select "hibernate" from the start-menu then the pc "shuts down" into this mode. After a short period of time i press the mouse and the pc awakens again.
Note that by default in Windows every keypress, mouse movement are waking up the slept or hibernated computer. Me personally dislike this behavior and after installing Windows I always change the slept / hibernated computer not to react to keypress / mouse movement, but this definitely is just my own habits.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

jsmorley wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:02 pm Hibernate and Sleep are not exactly the same thing.
Obiously you're right. I tried "Sleep" (in the screenshot the first one with "Energie sparen" and the half moon icon) and my PC reacts the same as with hibernate: nothing special. programs are there as before, my rainmeter skins are there (altough i have to refresh the ones containing webparser-containing ones); everything is fine except the skins with the sleep/wake timer show me a date in the future.
Screenshot RM.jpg
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

balala wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:16 pm Note that by default in Windows every keypress, mouse movement are waking up the slept or hibernated computer. Me personally dislike this behavior and after installing Windows I always change the slept / hibernated computer not to react to keypress / mouse movement, but this definitely is just my own habits.
I wouldn't like this behavior too but as i rarely user hibernate (i use a shutdown most of the time) i did not care about it - yet.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ikarus1969 wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:20 pm I wouldn't like this behavior too but as i rarely user hibernate (i use a shutdown most of the time) i did not care about it - yet.
Obviously anyone with his own habits. I practically never shutdown my computer. Over day I sleep it, over night hibernating it, since always let a lot of documents, skins (and so on) open.