It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:11 am

Display image from web

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eng3

Re: Display image from web

Post by eng3 »

That was the issue. I completely restarted rainmeter and it started working.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eng3 wrote: June 25th, 2020, 8:15 pm I completely restarted rainmeter and it started working.
This is a known issue of WebParser measures: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26117&p=136507&p136507#p136507
Glad you got it working.
eng3

Post by eng3 »

One follow up question. Everything is working now, but I'd like to disable updating if I'm not looking at it. Ideally, triggered by screen idle time, screen saver, screen off, screen lock, or just setting a time frame. Is there any way to accomplish this?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eng3 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 2:46 pm but I'd like to disable updating if I'm not looking at it. Ideally, triggered by screen idle time, screen saver, screen off, screen lock, or just setting a time frame. Is there any way to accomplish this?
Not sure I follow. There is a WebParser measure, which downloads the image ([MeasureImage]). Would you like to update this measure only when one of the mentioned events happens? Please give me a few details on what would you like to accomplish.
eng3

Post by eng3 »

Right now it is set to update every 10min. IDEALLY, I would only like it to be updating every 10min while I am sitting at the computer. When it is idle, screen idle, saver, off, locked, or at night, I'd like it to pause the update
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eng3 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 7:53 pm Right now it is set to update every 10min. IDEALLY, I would only like it to be updating every 10min while I am sitting at the computer. When it is idle, screen idle, saver, off, locked, or at night, I'd like it to pause the update
Ah, I see now.
So, here is an extremely simple workaround. You need to add the following measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureIdle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=IDLE_TIME
As you can see in the help of the SysInfo plugin measure, this measure returns:
The time in seconds since the last mouse or keyboard input to the operating system.
You have to figure out the number of seconds after which if the computer is idle, the WbParser measure won't be updated. Add the following options to the above [MeasureIdle] measure:

Code: Select all

[MeasureIdle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=IDLE_TIME
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#>60)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeasureImage UpdateRate "86400"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureImage"]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption MeasureImage UpdateRate "600"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureImage"]
Note the following: if the computer stays idle for more than 60 seconds (due to the (#CURRENTSECTION#>60) condition set into the IfCondition option), the !SetOption bang written into the IfTrueAction sets an UpdateRate of 86,400, which means one update per day. This practically means the measure is not updated anymore. If you need, you can increase even more this value, but I doubt it worth. If on the other hand, the computer is not idle (or it is idle by less time than 60 seconds), the IfFalseAction is executed and its !SetOption bang sets an update of 10 minutes (600 seconds) to the measure.
Feel free to modify the above values, if needed.
Is this alright now?
eng3

Post by eng3 »

AH, I didn't know about the conditional statements in rainviewer. I did see the IDLE plugin. This sounds like a good path, I'll try it out and play around with it.

Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eng3 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:43 pm AH, I didn't know about the conditional statements in rainviewer.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/measures/general-options/ifconditions/
eng3 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:43 pm I did see the IDLE plugin.
Such a plugin doesn't exist in fact. Actually it is the SysInfo plugin, with the SysInfoType=IDLE_TIME option.
eng3 wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:43 pm This sounds like a good path, I'll try it out and play around with it.
Ok, just please let me know when you check ot, if it is what you need for.