It is currently April 20th, 2024, 11:01 am

Doing several things once text changes in InputText box

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Doing several things once text changes in InputText box

Post by balala »

zudzug wrote: June 28th, 2020, 6:27 pm My bad, I posted the wrong code snippet from the same file. Look at the last lines of this snippet. The code is doing several things at once with an inputbox.
Except the code of your skin, we (me personally definitely) don't have none of the included and needed files (for instance Variables.inc, Language.inc or Scale.lua). Without them, I can't try out your code. Post them please as well. Or a better way is to pack the config you're working with and upload the package.

Additional notes:
  • The !DeactivateConfig bang doesn't require the name of the skin. You've used this bang in the ContextAction option of the [Rainmeter] section. The correct form of this bang is [!DeactivateConfig "#ROOTCONFIG#\Settings"], which is completely enough. Definitely the form you've posted does work, but this just because Rainmeter ignores the second parameter (in your case "Settings.ini").
  • When you unload a skin, there is no need at all to update the skin which has the !DeactivateConfig bang which deactivated the skin. This means that the last [!Update] bang of the same ContextAction option doesn't make too much sense. Recommend to remove it, even if it doesn't cause any trouble (because it definitely doesn't).
zudzug

Post by zudzug »

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

zudzug wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:31 pm Hi, here's the whole skin.

https://www.deviantart.com/zudzug/art/Enmon-March-21-2020-833167070
Alright and am I right if I think there are no questions related to this package?
zudzug

Post by zudzug »

Your assumption is right. I wanted to post the end result so someone else can get the solution from this question, which was to do several things once text changes in an inputbox.

Thanks a lot.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

zudzug wrote: June 29th, 2020, 11:43 am Your assumption is right. I wanted to post the end result so someone else can get the solution from this question, which was to do several things once text changes in an inputbox.

Thanks a lot.
From my part, you're welcome. Feel free to come back if any further question arises.