It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:15 pm

Rainmaker Auto Layout Setup

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
NismoZ

Rainmaker Auto Layout Setup

Post by NismoZ »

I have Rainmaker and my skins configured the way I want them on one system, and I want to replicate that exact setup on 2 more systems. I attempted to use the saved layouts, and copied that over to the new system where I install rainmaker and the skins, but that did not seem to work. What am I doing wrong and how can one save your entire setup and easily install it with everything configured onto another system?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmaker Auto Layout Setup

Post by jsmorley »

NismoZ wrote: June 26th, 2020, 6:47 pm I have Rainmaker and my skins configured the way I want them on one system, and I want to replicate that exact setup on 2 more systems. I attempted to use the saved layouts, and copied that over to the new system where I install rainmaker and the skins, but that did not seem to work. What am I doing wrong and how can one save your entire setup and easily install it with everything configured onto another system?
You would need to copy over the entirety of:

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins

Copy that to the correct target folder on the other computer...

C:\Users\TheirName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins

and copy over the entirety of:

%APPDATA%\Rainmeter

Which will be in something like:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter

Copy that to the correct target folder on the other computer...

C:\Users\TheirName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter

Then just install Rainmeter on the computer, and load the Layout you want to use.

It's not enough to just copy over a Layout. A Layout is just a saved version of the single file Rainmeter.ini, which more or less just tells Rainmeter which skins to load, and where on the screen to put them. The skins themselves must already exist on the computer.

There is no built-in way to "automate" this in Rainmeter.