It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:07 pm

Animated GIF issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Animated GIF issue

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:56 pm MouseOverAction=[!ShowFade "Radar" "Radar.ini"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!HideFade "Radar" "Radar.ini"]
Although this has nothing to do with your problem, here is a small mistake: neither the !ShowFade, nor the !HideFade (same way as nor !Show, nor !Hide) don't need the second parameter (the skin file) you added. all of these bangs require one single parameter: the name of the config you want to show or hide. The reason why the posted form of these bangs are working is that the additional, second parameter is simply ignored.
So, accordingly the correct form of the above bangs is this: MouseOverAction=[!ShowFade "Radar"] and MouseLeaveAction=[!HideFade "Radar"].
However as said, this has nothing to do with your issue, being just an observationt.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

JamX wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 12:56 pm But as you also can see in the pictures is that the stand alone radar skin (NOT incorporated / right radar image) is always running.
Ok, so let me get this straight: did the non-incorporated code ever failed or not?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
JamX

Post by JamX »

The NON-integrated code NEVER failed.

When I copy one on one this code into the existing skin (weather_tcw) then it fails
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

JamX wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:14 pm The NON-integrated code NEVER failed.

When I copy one on one this code into the existing skin (weather_tcw) then it fails
Well, there you go: there's an issue with the integration. Either it's not done properly, or some little and apparently significant detail was missed when integrating. Out of curiosity, the slide in/out is done using ActionTimer, right? And if it is, is there any chance that the slide happens at the time the download or the extraction is?
JamX

Post by JamX »

Yes, it's actiontimer.
And yes, you are probably right that a small issue with the integration is causing this to happen.
Since the weatherskin is quit complex, integrating it with the radar is hard to troubleshoot in where it goes wrong.

The change of simultaneously 'sliding' and updating/extracting is there because I do that manually, whenever I think it's needed but...
Even when the slide is constantly 'OUT" for long time (>10 minutes) you'll see sometimes a working animation not work anymore and sometimes it work as it should be, constantly for many updates, even when the slide is constantly 'OUT" for long time (>10 minutes) .

After removing this sliding window and the radar integration let the radar run as a separate skin triggered to appear (!showfade] or hide [!hidefade] bangs whenever I hover or leave the first weathericon in the weather_tcw skin.

Till now it's still running without problems, but hey....I said that before. :lol:
working.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 5:46 pm And if it is, is there any chance that the slide happens at the time the download or the extraction is?
Does it matter? I think something else is the problem..
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 6:10 pm Does it matter? I think something else is the problem..
Maybe. I was just thinking about those low update rates of ActionTimer and whether or not they interfere with either the speed or the fluency (from a functional point of view, not visual) of the download / extraction / image loop processes. Who knows, maybe some update rate interference, if there is an operation mix somewhere (e.g. a process related to download / extraction / image loop in the Action Timer measure, for example). You're right that AT shouldn't hamper anything, but then, since this thing is so hard to debug because of the long time needed to see if it works and the complexity of the skin where the OP integrated the radar, one can only speculate on the root cause of this...

Anyway, I think it's clear that there is some little issue with the integration, since the OP said that the non-integrated / stand-alone radar had no such issues (at least the code I posted, I suppose).
JamX wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 6:02 pmAnd yes, you are probably right that a small issue with the integration is causing this to happen. [...] Since the weatherskin is quit complex, integrating it with the radar is hard to troubleshoot in where it goes wrong. [...] After removing this sliding window and the radar integration let the radar run as a separate skin triggered to appear (!showfade] or hide [!hidefade] bangs whenever I hover or leave the first weathericon in the weather_tcw skin.

Till now it's still running without problems, but hey....I said that before. :lol:
working.mp4
Yep, indeed. The fact that the issue happened even when the slide was out for a while seems to indicate that ActionTimer is not interfering with the process, but the showfade/hidefade method is worth trying anyway. If this fails as well, you could even try to "activate" / "load" the working skin on click or hover and deactivate it on a susequent click or mouse leave - that way the skins will be separated and based on what you said about the non-integrated skin never failing, it should work. You could probably do some "ActionTimer like" animation on the skin (using the !Move bang) if that method works and see if it hurts things or not. Bottom line, you don't necessarily have to integrate the skins, you know...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 8:24 pm Maybe. I was just thinking about those low update rates of ActionTimer and whether or not they interfere with either the speed or the fluency (from a functional point of view, not visual) of the download / extraction / image loop processes. Who knows, maybe some update rate interference, if there is an operation mix somewhere (e.g. a process related to download / extraction / image loop in the Action Timer measure, for example). You're right that AT shouldn't hamper anything, but then, since this thing is so hard to debug because of the long time needed to see if it works and the complexity of the skin where the OP integrated the radar, one can only speculate on the root cause of this...

Anyway, I think it's clear that there is some little issue with the integration, since the OP said that the non-integrated / stand-alone radar had no such issues (at least the code I posted, I suppose).
Exactly. I think we would need the packed skins. Both: the well running and the integrated as well.
So JamX, please upload them.
JamX

Post by JamX »

Stand alone_.rmskin
Integrated_.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JamX

Post by JamX »

BTW, is there a possibility to add a custon menu when right click on the skin where 2 or more locations are listed which you can select.
After the selection the latitude and longitude should be used for the weather_twc skin

I think you can use something like:

Code: Select all

ContextTitle="--Locations--"
ContextAction=[]
ContextTitle2="Landgraaf"
ContextAction2=[!Setvariable Latitude 50.8871][!Setvariable Longitude 6.0116]
ContextTitle3="Brouwersdam"
ContextAction3=[!Setvariable Latitude 51.7563][!Setvariable Longitude 3.8402]
Is this the way to accomplish this?
And what do I miss?

I see the variables Latitude and Longitude change when I select one or the other.
The variable URLSite does not change it's sting to the new Latitude and Longitude set variables

The I used this:

Code: Select all

ContextTitle="--Locations--"
ContextAction=[]
ContextTitle2="Landgraaf"
ContextAction2=[!Setvariable Latitude 50.8871][!Setvariable Longitude 6.0116][!Setvariable URLSite "https://weather.com/#Language#/weather/today/l/#Latitude#,#Longitude#"][!UpdateMeasure @EntireSiteSuperParent][!Redraw]
ContextTitle3="Brouwersdam"
ContextAction3=[!Setvariable Latitude 51.7563][!Setvariable Longitude 3.8402][!Setvariable URLSite "https://weather.com/#Language#/weather/today/l/#Latitude#,#Longitude#"][!UpdateMeasure @EntireSiteSuperParent][!Redraw]
But still the variable URLSite does not change