It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:50 am

Various questions about icons

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Comet

Various questions about icons

Post by Comet »

Hello all, I'm a new user of Rainmeter and I have a few things I'm unsure about. Try to help wherever you can:

- How do I access the image files for certain desktop icons in a .rmskin package I installed, so that I can create custom ones for more programs I have

- How do I open a settings tab (Specifically 'File explorer options > View') for quick access

- How do I open a website on chrome, on a specific account (I have both a personal and school/business profile for different purposes, both synced to their own chrome profile which I managed to create separate skins for already)

- How do I install the normal version of Spotify, and not the windows 10 store version (I tried deleting the windows 10 store entirely, but it still won't work)

That's about all for now, hope to hear back from all of you. This program is great, I'm having a lot of fun.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Various questions about icons

Post by balala »

Comet wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:56 am - How do I access the image files for certain desktop icons in a .rmskin package I installed, so that I can create custom ones for more programs I have
You can't access those icons (which are not image files, but .ico files) within the skin installer, but can manually access them, to edit them. Right click the icon, click Properties in the context menu and on the Shortcut tab click the Change icon button. In the opening dialog, you can see the path of the icon. You have to access that file.
Hope I didn't misunderstend your intention.
Comet wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:56 am - How do I open a website on chrome, on a specific account (I have both a personal and school/business profile for different purposes, both synced to their own chrome profile which I managed to create separate skins for already)
You probably can't do this, unless the website supports HTTP authentication:
WebParser cannot use cookies or other session-based authentication, so it cannot be used to retrieve information from web sites requiring a login.
Details in the second paragraph here: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/measures/webparser/#URL
Comet wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:56 am - How do I install the normal version of Spotify, and not the windows 10 store version (I tried deleting the windows 10 store entirely, but it still won't work)
Has this anything to do with Rainmeter? I think it has not...
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Various questions about icons

Post by jsmorley »

Comet wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:56 am - How do I open a settings tab (Specifically 'File explorer options > View') for quick access

Code: Select all

[MeterFolderOptions]
Meter=String
FontSize=20
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Open Folder Options
LeftMouseUpAction=[explorer shell:::{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF}]
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3123-clsid-key-guid-shortcuts-list-windows-10-a.html

As far as I know, you can't open it directly to a specific "tab" in that panel.

Many of the pages in the Windows 10 Settings application can be accessed like this:

Code: Select all

[MeterWindows Update]
Meter=String
FontSize=20
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Open Windows Update
LeftMouseUpAction=[ms-settings:windowsupdate-action]
https://winaero.com/blog/ms-settings-commands-in-windows-10/