It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:47 am

Help: Switching wallpapers with a button

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mino_el_Nukenin

Re: Help: Switching wallpapers with a button

Post by Mino_el_Nukenin »

balala wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:42 pm You probably should add a Group=SlidingPanel option to the [MeterText1] and [MeterText2] meters. But this solution works only if the [MeterSlidingPanel] meter still have a Group=SlidingPanel, as it had in the last code. Now I don't see this option in the last posted code piece.
So, is this Group option still there on the the [MeterSlidingPanel] meter?
I see.
No I've removed the group option and transformed it into [!UpdateMeter SlidingPanel] in the Measure.
That is doing the same thing right ? the group juste allowed to have only one UpdateMeter for the whole group.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mino_el_Nukenin wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:46 pm I see.
No I've removed the group option and transformed it into [!UpdateMeter SlidingPanel] in the Measure.
That is doing the same thing right ? the group juste allowed to have only one UpdateMeter for the whole group.
Yes, but since you edited your reply probably right before I posted my and as such I didn't see this edit, I post my reply. So, it does work?
Mino_el_Nukenin

balala wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:54 pm Yes, but since you edited your reply probably right before I posted my and as such I didn't see this edit, I post my reply. So, it does work?
Oh I see.
yes both ways are working. I put it back with a group.
Thanks anyway ;)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mino_el_Nukenin wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:09 pm Oh I see.
yes both ways are working. I put it back with a group.
Thanks anyway ;)
Glad to help.
Mino_el_Nukenin

balala wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:46 pmGlad to help.
;)

Okay so i'm onto a new skin. I'm trying to create a calendar skin, that shows the whole month + a few days before or before depending of the month (like the microsoft calendar).
And I'm completely lost with the formulas, measures.
The only thing particular i'd like on the calendar is to show clearly the current day with an orange rectangle behind the number.

This what I have so far. The 42 squares/rectangles are where I would like the numbers to appear.

EDIT :
I'm also wrokign on another skin, and i'm having a trouble with a sliding meter that doesn't slide at all. I don't get where is the problem since it's a copy from all my other skins with sliding meters.
Here is the code with the part needed :

Code: Select all

[Variables]
@IncludeConfig=#@#\Config.inc
StateMP=1
SpeedMP=2
RepeatMP=192
OffsetMP=-170
U=[!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSlider"][!UpdateMeterGroup MainPanel][!Redraw]

;=== MEASURES ================================
;--- Measures Sliding ------------------------
[MeasureSlider]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat SlideOutMP,#SpeedMP#,#RepeatMP#
SlideOutMP=[!SetVariable StateMP "2"][!SetVariable OffsetMP (#OffsetMP#+1)]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat SlideInMP,#SpeedMP#,#RepeatMP#
SlideInMP=[!SetVariable StateMP "1"][!SetVariable OffsetMP (#OffsetMP#-1)]#U#
DynamicVariables=1

;=== METERS ==================================
;--- Meters Main Panel -----------------------

[MeterContainerMP]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#\Images\Shield Tag\ContainerMP.png
X=87
Y=10
Antialias=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterMainPanel]
Group=MainPanel
Container=MeterContainerMP
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#\Images\Shield Tag\Main Panel.png
X=(#OffsetMP#)r
Y=r
Antialias=1
DynamicVariables=1
;---------------------------------------------------
[MeterButton]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=#@#\Images\Shield Tag\Button.png
X=35
Y=35
LeftMouseAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlider "Execute #StateMP#"]
Antialias=1
DynamicVariables=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mino_el_Nukenin wrote: June 14th, 2020, 2:13 pm Okay so i'm onto a new skin. I'm trying to create a calendar skin, that shows the whole month + a few days before or before depending of the month (like the microsoft calendar).
The only thing particular i'd like on the calendar is to show clearly the current day with an orange rectangle behind the number.
Sorry I'm self promoting again my work, but you should take a look on the Calendar skin of my Mirage suite (recommend version 1.1). On this calendar (beside being fully functional) events, reminders, holidays can be easily added, by clicking / right-clicking onto the appropriate day. Take a look please and let me know if this is similar as what you need for.
Mino_el_Nukenin

balala wrote: June 14th, 2020, 8:30 pm Sorry I'm self promoting again my work, but you should take a look on the Calendar skin of my Mirage suite (recommend version 1.1). On this calendar (beside being fully functional) events, reminders, holidays can be easily added, by clicking / right-clicking onto the appropriate day. Take a look please and let me know if this is similar as what you need for.
Okay I'll check it tomorrow and come back to you.

And about the other skin with a sliding problem (in the EDIT I added), can you look into it, I just can't find what's wrong with the code.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mino_el_Nukenin wrote: June 14th, 2020, 2:13 pmI'm trying to create a calendar skin, that shows the whole month + a few days before or before depending of the month (like the microsoft calendar).
Or, for a pure Rainmeter example (original work, no Lua involved), you can check MYiniMeter suite. It's a bit outdated now in terms of visuals (didn't yet released version 1.4.0 of my suite), since I nowadays use my custom tooltips instead of the OS tooltips to show the calendar, but it can provide some insight into how it can be done. It has no events (didn't need those) and doesn't highlight today, but it can be made to do both, I think. The current version (the one using custom tooltips) does the latter, for example:
Basic Calendar.jpg
P.S. This is provided for reference only. If you want to modify something you'd have to do it yourself, as I'm busy with my own skin suite at the moment.
balala wrote: June 14th, 2020, 8:30 pmSorry I'm self promoting again my work, but you should take a look on the Calendar skin of my Mirage suite (recommend version 1.1). On this calendar (beside being fully functional) events, reminders, holidays can be easily added, by clicking / right-clicking onto the appropriate day. Take a look please and let me know if this is similar as what you need for.
Apart from the size of the .ini files themselves (which is a bit too much for my taste, but then, you probably had your reasons), only your calendar skin takes 6-8% of my CPU. That's about 10 times as much as my entire suite (bar my Audio skin that you know of) - just saying... O.O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Mino_el_Nukenin

Yincognito wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:13 pm Or, for a pure Rainmeter example (original work, no Lua involved), you can check MYiniMeter suite. It's a bit outdated now in terms of visuals (didn't yet released version 1.4.0 of my suite), since I nowadays use my custom tooltips instead of the OS tooltips to show the calendar, but it can provide some insight into how it can be done. It has no events (didn't need those) and doesn't highlight today, but it can be made to do both, I think. The current version (the one using custom tooltips) does the latter, for example:
Basic Calendar.jpg

P.S. This is provided for reference only. If you want to modify something you'd have to do it yourself, as I'm busy with my own skin suite at the moment.
Thanks I'll check it too.
Actually the only part I need are the numbers of the days in the calendar and have it automatic accordingly to the current month all the rest is already done.

EDIT:
So I've just went through both of your skins but it's way too complicated to understand. Too much code and too many fonctions I don't really need... I got lost in all of it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mino_el_Nukenin wrote: June 14th, 2020, 2:13 pm EDIT :
I'm also wrokign on another skin, and i'm having a trouble with a sliding meter that doesn't slide at all. I don't get where is the problem since it's a copy from all my other skins with sliding meters.
Here is the code with the part needed :
The problem is in the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterButton] meter, which is mistakenly written as LeftMouseAction (instead of LeftMouseUpAction). Add the missing Up term into the name of the option and try again. Does it work?