It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 11:10 pm

SmallWeather - work in progress

Weather skins
ms310

Re: SmallWeather - work in progress

Post by ms310 »

jsmorley wrote: June 12th, 2020, 1:41 pm તમારું સ્વાગત છે !
At least I provided a translation! Gujarati? That’s is obscure for sure!

But seriously - thanks! I hope folks like the resulting skin and icons I am creating.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

One thing I am trying to reconcile - at this moment:

iconName: night_sprinkles
weather_description: Sprinkles, Fog & Mild

I think I need to make a layered set of icons that searches for keywords.

Base icon: night_sprinkles
Addon: regex for keywords - in this case, FOG, then add a semi-transparent FOG icon on top of the base

Might be interesting.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 2:43 pm One thing I am trying to reconcile - at this moment:

iconName: night_sprinkles
weather_description: Sprinkles, Fog & Mild

I think I need to make a layered set of icons that searches for keywords.

Base icon: night_sprinkles
Addon: regex for keywords - in this case, FOG, then add a semi-transparent FOG icon on top of the base

Might be interesting.
I created WeatherNow using this same site. Rather than re-invent the wheel, or a condition text search, the measures will return the condition icon number you can use to reference numbered condition images.

Feel free to use the measures I created to pull the icon number and the related images (one set is from your "Weather and WorldTime" skin :D ).
ms310

Post by ms310 »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 12th, 2020, 2:54 pm I created WeatherNow using this same site. Rather than re-invent the wheel, or a condition text search, the measures will return the condition icon number you can use to reference numbered condition images.

Feel free to use the measures I created to pull the icon number and the related images (one set is from your "Weather and WorldTime" skin :D ).
Thank you Eclectic-tech - I have robbed several of your skins to make this (attributed in the post and inside the skin) - THANK YOU!

I don't like the URL they provide - they reuse several icons for things like "sprinkles with fog" and "sprinkles" - I might end up with this method (which is stolen from your code!) but I might try as an exercise to make a layered icon approach utilizing the details in the description. Maybe.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 3:06 pm Thank you Eclectic-tech - I have robbed several of your skins to make this (attributed in the post and inside the skin) - THANK YOU!

I don't like the URL they provide - they reuse several icons for things like "sprinkles with fog" and "sprinkles" - I might end up with this method (which is stolen from your code!) but I might try as an exercise to make a layered icon approach utilizing the details in the description. Maybe.
Go for it! That is something I would be interested in. I hope it works out for you... :thumbup:
Then I might borrow it for one of my skins! ;-)
ms310

Post by ms310 »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 12th, 2020, 3:21 pm Go for it! That is something I would be interested in. I hope it works out for you... :thumbup:
Then I might borrow it for one of my skins! ;-)
And I may lean on you for help with the RegEx :)

Cheers!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 3:29 pm And I may lean on you for help with the RegEx :)

Cheers!
As best I can... not an expert, but have plenty of trial and error experience!
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Question - can I create complicated IFCONDITIONS with multiple Measures?

Example:

[MeasureSun]

[MeasureSky]

[MeasureAir]

[MeasureIcon]
IFCONDITION=(MeasureSun=1) && (MeasureSky=4) && (MeasureAir=3)
IFTRUEACTION=[!SetOption MeterIcon Image "#@#\Icons\Sun1_Sky4_Air_3.png"]
and so on ...

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Eureka! I think I have sorted it out. If I can assign numeric values to each category that will provide unique numbers then this method will work. Now to come up with a numbering scheme:

Code: Select all

[MeasureDay]
Measure=Calc
Formula=2

[MeasureSky]
Measure=Calc
Formula=1

[MeasureAir]
Measure=Calc
Formula=1

[MeasureIcon]
Measure=Calc
Formula=[MeasureDay]+[MeasureSky]+[MeasureAir]
DynamicVariables=1
The idea would be to have MeasureIcon return a unique value for combinations like "Daytime, Sprinkles, Fog" and such.

I find the challenge interesting - especially stuck working from home for the foreseeable future.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

While this is working and returning the correct value I am getting a syntax error:

Calc: Syntax error (SmallWeather\SmallWeather.ini - [CalcIcon])

[CalcIcon]
Measure=Calc
Formula=[#[&MeasureprecipitationDesc]]+[#[&MeasureSkyDescription]]+[MeasureDaylight]
DynamicVariables=1
I have tried adding brackets, same error:

Formula=([#[&MeasureprecipitationDesc]])+([#[&MeasureSkyDescription]])+([MeasureDaylight])
Any ideas?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Where are those values coming from?
Does the measure return a value even though there is a calc error?

I would need to see your entire code, but it may be caused by the referenced measures being child webparser measures, and do not return a value until the parent webparser measure updates.

Try having the measure disabled, then add a FinishAction to the parent webparser to enable it and update it.