It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:25 pm

A question about "Groups"

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Lssg97

A question about "Groups"

Post by Lssg97 »

Hi Guys,
Recently, I am studying the usage of "Group", but I feel that the Document introduces very little :( . I only have one question: Can Measure and Meter be put in the same Group?
Thanks!
Last edited by Lssg97 on June 8th, 2020, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: A question about "Groups"

Post by balala »

Lssg97 wrote: June 7th, 2020, 6:43 am I only have one question: Can Measure and Meter be put in the same Group?
A group of measures and one of meters can have the same name, but those are different groups. For instance if you have a group of measures named MyGroup and a group of meters named as well as MyGroup, if you're using an [!UpdateMeasureGroup "MyGroup"] obviously you get updated only the measures belonging to the MyGroup group, while with [!UpdateMeterGroup "MyGroup"] you get updated only the meters.
Lssg97

Post by Lssg97 »

balala wrote: June 7th, 2020, 8:37 am A group of measures and one of meters can have the same name, but those are different groups. For instance if you have a group of measures named MyGroup and a group of meters named as well as MyGroup, if you're using an [!UpdateMeasureGroup "MyGroup"] obviously you get updated only the measures belonging to the MyGroup group, while with [!UpdateMeterGroup "MyGroup"] you get updated only the meters.
Thanks, I got it. :thumbup:
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

In addition, you may store things into multiple groups:

Code: Select all

Group = group_one | group_two | group_three
It's useful when you want to call some measures or meters with wide or narrow targeting:

Group = cpu | cpu_sensors | cpu_limiters 
As we can see here, we can call it as wide "cpu" group or as "cpu_limiters" inside the big one.
Image * Image * Image * Image
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deflore08 wrote: November 8th, 2020, 10:33 am In addition, you may store things into multiple groups:

Group = group_one | group_two | group_three
It's useful when you want to call some measures or meters with wide or narrow targeting:

Group = cpu | cpu_sensors | cpu_limiters 
As we can see here, we can call it as wide "cpu" group or as "cpu_limiters" inside the big one.
Right, however note that including a meter (or measure) into multiple groups can cause trouble.You have to be extremely careful how are you manipulating those groups, because in some circumstances can cause confusion. For instance you have to be careful not to operate in paralel on more groups, causing confusion.
Not impossible, but as said it's not easy, especially on longer and more complex codes.