It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:02 pm

Weather about to break Kaelri's Enigma skin (again)?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Weather about to break Kaelri's Enigma skin (again)?

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote: January 17th, 2020, 8:17 pm As for scraping, I fear there may be some apprehension there as well as of late.

https://weather.codes/australia/ seems to be accurate however my location is incorrect now and shows some strange location name with the data being essentially correct but again, the location is not right at all. Weather dot com may be 'screwing' with things to prevent scraping along with depreciating the wxdata feed. I am not sure but I definitely do not live in 'American Samoa'...

I have found this: 2efa5478d817610824669e1d044c998e36bf26ea1e8e5fc315299e1fbd43741d is my actual location code....
Yes, I think that long code that is displayed in the URL when you find your location on weather.com is probably the most reliable way to go.
smo69

Post by smo69 »

I can confirm this one has not been working for several months. :(
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

smo69 wrote: June 6th, 2020, 1:12 pm I can confirm this one has not been working for several months. :(
The patch I published was working until TWC began updating to V3 about a week ago.

I will be working on updating this, but it involves mulyiple skins in Enigma that use weather data, so it will be a while before I complete the update. :Whistle
abdulhakeem

Post by abdulhakeem »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 7th, 2020, 3:10 am The patch I published was working until TWC began updating to V3 about a week ago.

I will be working on updating this, but it involves mulyiple skins in Enigma that use weather data, so it will be a while before I complete the update. :Whistle
Hey there, did you ever get this working? I'm trying to figure it out myself, would love to get Enigma fully functional again.

wxdata.weather.com says "This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020"

I also noticed that in your original fix, you reference a "WeatherCode" variable in Enigma\@Resources\User\Options.inc, but I just re-downloaded a fresh copy of Enigma from Kaelri's Github and there is no WeatherCode variable, the [Variables] section has nothing in it. Although if the wxdata service is deprecated now anyway, I don't know if it matters.

EDIT: Apologies, I've just seen JSMorley's pinned posts about the current way to make weather skins, so I will go through that.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

abdulhakeem wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:34 pm Hey there, did you ever get this working? I'm trying to figure it out myself, would love to get Enigma fully functional again.

wxdata.weather.com says "This service is deprecated as of 01/15/2020"

I also noticed that in your original fix, you reference a "WeatherCode" variable in Enigma\@Resources\User\Options.inc, but I just re-downloaded a fresh copy of Enigma from Kaelri's Github and there is no WeatherCode variable, the [Variables] section has nothing in it. Although if the wxdata service is deprecated now anyway, I don't know if it matters.

EDIT: Apologies, I've just seen JSMorley's pinned posts about the current way to make weather skins, so I will go through that.
If you have the latest version, set the weather using the '"Option" skin, "World" tab, click the current "Weather Location" to open the "Locator" skin.
Type your location info and press "Enter", then click the magnifier to search for results.
When your location appears, click "Set" to set it, then refresh the skin. Or click "Copy" to copy the Latitude and Longitude to your clipboard.

Your Weather Language and units are set by entering them in the "Options", "World" tab. The unit is either 'e' for imperial, 'm' for metric, or 'h' for hybrid (UK).
enigmaweather.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abdulhakeem

Post by abdulhakeem »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 25th, 2023, 2:10 pm If you have the latest version, set the weather using the '"Option" skin, "World" tab, click the current "Weather Location" to open the "Locator" skin.
Type your location info and press "Enter", then click the magnifier to search for results.
When your location appears, click "Set" to set it, then refresh the skin. Or click "Copy" to copy the Latitude and Longitude to your clipboard.

Your Weather Language and units are set by entering them in the "Options", "World" tab. The unit is either 'e' for imperial, 'm' for metric, or 'h' for hybrid (UK).
enigmaweather.png
Oh wow, I didn't think that WeatherCodeFinder skin worked anymore, I guess I was doing it wrong (wasn't hitting Enter THEN clicking search). Thanks :D

I've done that and it seems to have found my desired locations, but the Weather and World Clock skins are still blank after refreshing them. Is there still an additional step I have to take? Do I need to manually copy the Longitude/Latitude into something perhaps?

I'm going through your Weather Skin Tutorial and jsmorley's "Parsing the V3 JSON" so I can better understand how it works

EDIT: Figured it out, same as my post on your WeatherTutorial thread, just had to copy over the latest @include.zip files from jsmorley, I'm guessing because the API key changed. Seems to be working now.

EDIT2: Well the WeatherExtended seems to technically work, but it doesn't have as much information as it used to. Looks like it just has Temperature and Clouds, but before it used to have Wind Chill, Wind Speed, Direction, Humidity, Pressure, Visibility, etc: https://i.imgur.com/JUbjKXu.png

World Clocks also don't seem to be working, I can set the locations in Options.ini but nothing actually changes on the clocks themselves
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for discovering the need to update the APIKey in these... will get that done soon.

I will take a look at WeatherExtended and see if it can be improved; I don't use these skins very often and can't remember if I even looked at the extended variant when I was testing the changes.

Hopefully, I will have some time next week to look into this. Thanks again for heads up :thumbup:
abdulhakeem

Post by abdulhakeem »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 27th, 2023, 4:39 am Thanks for discovering the need to update the APIKey in these... will get that done soon.

I will take a look at WeatherExtended and see if it can be improved; I don't use these skins very often and can't remember if I even looked at the extended variant when I was testing the changes.

Hopefully, I will have some time next week to look into this. Thanks again for heads up :thumbup:
No worries, I'm guessing it's probably just a matter of updating it to use all the new variables in the @includefiles.zip, was gonna give it a shot this past weekend but ending up working on my own skin instead. But you'd probably fix it faster anyway

I just haven't found a skin/suite that I like as much as Enigma so I'm one of the last 5 people that still uses it and tries to keep it alive :D
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

abdulhakeem wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:44 am {clip}
EDIT2: Well the WeatherExtended seems to technically work, but it doesn't have as much information as it used to. Looks like it just has Temperature and Clouds, but before it used to have Wind Chill, Wind Speed, Direction, Humidity, Pressure, Visibility, etc: https://i.imgur.com/JUbjKXu.png

World Clocks also don't seem to be working, I can set the locations in Options.ini but nothing actually changes on the clocks themselves
Both the Sidebar\Weather\Weatherextended and Sidebar\World skins are working here...
{WeatherExtended}
enigmaweatherextended.png
{World Clocks}
enigmaworldtime.png
What locations are you trying? I can test for them here to see if there is an issue like what you are seeing...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abdulhakeem

Post by abdulhakeem »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:34 pm Both the Sidebar\Weather\Weatherextended and Sidebar\World skins are working here...
{WeatherExtended}enigmaweatherextended.png

{World Clocks}enigmaworldtime.png

What locations are you trying? I can test for them here to see if there is an issue like what you are seeing...
Hmm interesting, my WeatherExtended is working now. I'm not sure what I did differently or what changed. This is what it looked like before:
Enigma-WeatherExtended-LessInfo.png
However World Clocks are still blank. World 1 is set to Birmingham Alabama with "en-US" and "e"

World 2 and 3 are still set to the default Paris France fr-FR/m and Melbourne Australia en-CA/e
2023-03-28 18_36_40-Window.png