It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:53 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
skeezmoe

Re: Gadgets 5.3.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by skeezmoe »

skeezmoe wrote: June 4th, 2020, 8:45 am Oh no, it is not working again. I even updated to the latest version 5.4 still not working after clearing cache :-(
Wait it looks like the feed, I changed the location to something more common like Sydney, NSW Australia and now its working :D
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.4.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

skeezmoe wrote: June 4th, 2020, 8:50 am Wait it looks like the feed, I changed the location to something more common like Sydney, NSW Australia and now its working :D
OK good. If you run into issues with any Australia locations, let me know. For some dumb reason, weather.com does not handle Australia properly, in that they don't supply location data like they do for everywhere else. I had to make a special work-around for that, and it seems to be fragile, especially with the JSON data in their feed changing from one moment to the next. :( I've had luck (so far!) with adding the following 2 lines to the [EntireSiteSuperParent] measure in the WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc file.

Code: Select all

ForceReload=1
UserAgent="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)"
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
skeezmoe

Post by skeezmoe »

Thank you so much for these awesome set of gadgets :rosegift:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

skeezmoe wrote: June 4th, 2020, 11:24 am Thank you so much for these awesome set of gadgets :rosegift:
You're very welcome! Glad you like the Gadgets!
philumax

Post by philumax »

Hello.
today I received the Weather Meter 5.4.0
at the same time, when I had not yet applied the patch, the program did not capture anything.
I did not worry, the patch was there! 😊
I launched it and ... it didn't change anything.
I said to myself, go back to the internet options and do it again: nada!
when I launched the program (Gadgets_5.4.0.rmskin), I thought about it: no UAC request? (administrator mode?)
I wanted to launch it in administrator mode, but I couldn't find anything to do it.
I hope it's quite detailed.
thank you.
see you.😃
edit 15h52 paris
I haven't restarted yet: it might work!
see you.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

philumax wrote: June 4th, 2020, 1:39 pm Hello.
today I received the Weather Meter 5.4.0
at the same time, when I had not yet applied the patch, the program did not capture anything.
I did not worry, the patch was there! 😊
I launched it and ... it didn't change anything.
I said to myself, go back to the internet options and do it again: nada!
when I launched the program (Gadgets_5.4.0.rmskin), I thought about it: no UAC request? (administrator mode?)
I wanted to launch it in administrator mode, but I couldn't find anything to do it.
I hope it's quite detailed.
thank you.
see you.😃
edit 15h52 paris
I haven't restarted yet: it might work!
see you.
I assume you are referring to the "Weather Meter for Yahoo" patch? If so, that patch adds a NEW gadget, it does not replace the existing one. Try opening the "Weather Meter (Yahoo)" skin. You'll need to configure the location separately from the normal one.
philumax

Post by philumax »

Hello.
so, are we watching?😊
no, no, I have nothing from Yahoo.
I'm in France, here: https://weather.com/fr-FR/weather/today/l/53189803b2ec1d03d9314c74da1e87f61ae77c93da19c6b9034080a566b13b57
I returned to this site to redo the manipulation (recover the part of the address and paste it into the skin, but it didn't work.
here is my office:

https://www.casimages.com/i/200604043801444868.jpg.html

thank you very much for your work!
that's wonderful!
see you.😃
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

It looks like weather.com has changed the format of the data and broke all the weather skins again, including this one. I'm working on it and I'll get a fix out as soon as possible! Check back soon! In the meantime you can use the Weather Meter for Yahoo as a temporary work-around. (This will add a new Weather Meter skin into your Gadgets.)
Geek4eye

Post by Geek4eye »

Question: How would I put up multiple independent instances of Drives Meter?

Sorry if this newbie question has been covered; didn't find anything, but then I've probably not gotten the hang of the Search feature.
The situation is I have a Backup PC which as a C-SSD, a couple of bulk USB drives and two RAID-5 sets on an HP Smart Array each with multiple volumes on them. I'd like to put up a separate instance of Drives Meter for each of those groups so each has a graph for the physical disk or disk RAID group involved. I thought I'd be clever and just clone the Drives Meter folder, but that didn't work - all the instances always show the same drives. Then I tried editing the filenames in each folder to be unique and editing the .ini files to point to their respective .inc files. No joy. Spent a couple hours piddling around with these files (to say hacking would imply some competence) but no matter what, a change to one .../Config/Settings.ini file would change all of them whether I changed its name or not.

OH! As I write this it dawned on me that I should clone at the Gadgets folder level, not the Drives Meter folder level within Gadgets - as that is where the common code would be. Eureka, it works! I took each of the above custom named DrivesMeter-X folders/files and cloned @Resources into separate Gadgets-X folders. The only downside is the Title % is all the drives, not just the ones in the group. Not going to lose any sleep over it. A bit clunky, perhaps, but it is all I need.

Hmmm... The CPU usage is kind of high though, around 20%. Going back to just the one instance with all the drives is more around 12%, so I guess I'll leave it there unless I have a reason to need the greater resolution. I expect it is the very graphing that I wanted that is the extra load. Oh, well... At least it is set up to use when I need it...

So I'll leave this posting as perhaps a help to others that may search for this work-around with its pros and cons.

As for a "Request for Enhancement" - perhaps add a similarly styled Disks Meter that would have the physical disks, each with its own graph MB/sec & IOPs, and including the various and assorted cryptic and hard to find Windows disk numbers that are shown in the log files or used by shell commands but not shown in the Disk Management GUI. Perhaps grab some of the S.M.A.R.T. values from HWinfo as well?

Thanks for all your hard work on this, it is most impressive and much appreciated!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Geek4eye wrote: June 4th, 2020, 8:22 pm Question: How would I put up multiple independent instances of Drives Meter?
<snip>
Thanks for all your hard work on this, it is most impressive and much appreciated!
Thanks! Make sure you open the Settings and turn off monitoring for all the drives that don't apply. That should reduce the CPU by as much as possible.