It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:17 am

Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.3.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

skeezmoe wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:04 am I don't think that is the issue. I dug some more in the rainmeter logs and saw this:

Code: Select all

Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (Gadgets\Weather Meter\Weather Meter (Small).ini - [@CurrentObservationTime])
I did not make any modifications to the Gadget or Rainmeter. I am in Australia so that would use a different date/time format.
Hi, the reason for this error in the log is not date format related, it's that the date is completely missing. This is the same problem all weather skins are having. Completely exit Rainmeter and try the steps outlined here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=35342. Then, on the General tab, click the Settings button, then View files. Hit Ctrl+A to select everything remaining, then delete all files. I had to do this last step to get the cache completely cleared. Wait a minute or two as recommended, then restart Rainmeter.

There is also a possibility of a bug in the code. If you are OK with it, send me your location code and I'll try it out. There are some places in the world where weather.com is missing location data, and it can cause problems (5.3.1 was issued specifically to address an issue some Australian users were having with missing data).
Last edited by SilverAzide on May 27th, 2020, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:55 am Yes, I have the same issue with Gadgets weather. All my other weather skins are working after clearing my cache and cookies, but something else is going on with Gadgets weather skins. :???:
Hi ET! Sorry to hear this. If you have time, can you check the log and see if there is a note "Missing location in weather.com data; retrying..."? Also, if you are comfortable sharing your location code, I'll give it a try to see if I can duplicate the behavior. My PC is currently working, though I have altered the "entire site" master measure per Brian and JSMorley's suggestion to use ForceReload=1 and forced the user agent string to match Chrome just in case.
skeezmoe

Post by skeezmoe »

SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2020, 1:07 pm Hi, the reason for this error in the log is not date format related, it's that the date is completely missing. This is the same problem all weather skins are having. Completely exit Rainmeter and try the steps outlined here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=35342. Then, on the General tab, click the Settings button, then View files. Hit Ctrl+A to select everything remaining, then delete all files. I had to do this last step to get the cache completely cleared. Wait a minute or two as recommended, then restart Rainmeter.

There is also a possibility of a bug in the code. If you are OK with it, send me your location code and I'll try it out. There are some places in the world where weather.com is missing location data, and it can cause problems (5.3.1 was issued specifically to address an issue some Australian users were having with missing data).
Thank you SilverAzide for a complete step-by-step on how to clear the cache. I was doing it but the missing part was to completely exit Rainmeter before doing it. Now working :rosegift:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

skeezmoe wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:01 pm Thank you SilverAzide for a complete step-by-step on how to clear the cache. I was doing it but the missing part was to completely exit Rainmeter before doing it. Now working :rosegift:
Good news! It appears that Rainmeter is holding onto "something", so the clearing doesn't work if Rainmeter is still running. Let us know if the problem returns (for some, it does).
skeezmoe

Post by skeezmoe »

SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:16 pm Good news! It appears that Rainmeter is holding onto "something", so the clearing doesn't work if Rainmeter is still running. Let us know if the problem returns (for some, it does).
:thumbup:
joebeitler

Post by joebeitler »

SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2020, 1:07 pm on the General tab, click the Settings button, then View files. Hit Ctrl+A to select everything remaining, then delete all files. I had to do this last step to get the cache completely cleared. Wait a minute or two as recommended, then restart Rainmeter.
Worked like a charm. Many thanks for this. :great:
philumax

Post by philumax »

Hello.
I have the gadget suite. I have weather meter, which no longer works. I did not touch anything, except the updates of Windows and the other programs. I use it for years, it is very practical, as well as other gadgets. it would hurt me to see it disappear.
by the way, i'm french and i use google to communicate ...
I have 5.3.1, in case ...
I did the maneuver, "internet options": nothing changed, it displays ... link and that's it.
thank you.
see you.
philumax

Post by philumax »

not knowing how to edit the previous post, I create another one.
I wrote that the manip 'internet options "did not work, it is wrong! it works, I only forgot to delete the files!
I apologize.
thank you.
see you.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.4.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

A new version of the Gadgets has been released!

Get the latest version here

Gadgets on GitHub

5.4.0 - 2020-05-30:
  • Corrected Weather Meter moon angle display (again!).
  • Corrected Weather Meter 5-Day Forecast flyout to fix broken hyperlinks.
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to allow suppressing allergy (pollen) alerts.
  • Corrected Weather Meter sunset/sunrise calculations for high latitudes at times approaching solstices.
  • Enhanced Calendar to optionally show large date similar to the original Microsoft calendar gadget.
  • Revised all Settings skins to link to GitHub-based wiki help topics.
NOTE for those who use the Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro skin variants: The NetMonitor service has not been changed in this release, so there is no need to update this service.
Last edited by SilverAzide on August 1st, 2020, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
skeezmoe

Post by skeezmoe »

SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:16 pm Good news! It appears that Rainmeter is holding onto "something", so the clearing doesn't work if Rainmeter is still running. Let us know if the problem returns (for some, it does).
Oh no, it is not working again. I even updated to the latest version 5.4 still not working after clearing cache :-(