It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:12 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Yincognito »

fonpaolo wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:36 pmAs a side note, now TWC constantly shows the "new" format, but everything works without a glitch, same regex as before.
Not sure this is even possible. If the format delivered to WebParser is the V3 ("new") one, the V2 ("old") regex(es) should fail. The only things that could be matched are those in "location", depending on the way the regex is built.
fonpaolo wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:36 pmEdge... Chromium indeed. ;-)
Haha, well pointed out.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Yincognito wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:49 pm Not sure this is even possible. If the format delivered to WebParser is the V3 ("new") one, the V2 ("old") regex(es) should fail. The only things that could be matched are those in "location", depending on the way the regex is built.
Don't ask me why, but everything works and nothing has changed on my side...
Even the units of measures!

As I said, I'll keep an eye on my skin for a few days.
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

Hi all,

I just had my weather skin (that uses jsmorley's JSON scraper skin) stop working today.

Tried all the suggestions in the previous pages to get it working again but nothing works.

Tried accessing the URL in both Firefox and Chrome but both have the broken data.

I then tried using Curl to get the data and that actually comes through with the original correct format.

Getting weirder and weirder all the time.

Hope weather.com sorts out their format soon.

Cheers,
Stuart
scorpius

Re: ⭐ Weather.com & AstroWeather

Post by scorpius »

I had issues as well with parsing through weather.com, I tried a couple of the suggestions mentioned above... but I had to go a tad more nuclear on IE settings.
What worked for me was launching the Internet Explorer application:
1) Choose 'Internet Options'
2) Under 'Browsing History', Select "Delete browsing history on exit"
3) Under 'Browsing History', Select "Delete" and delete "Cookies and website data"
4) Under 'Browsing History', Select "Settings"
5) On the 'Temporary Internet Files' tab, under "Check for newer versions of stored pages", select "Every time I visit the webpage"
6) On the 'History' tab, change "Days to keep pages in history" to '0'
7) On the 'Caches and databases' tab, uncheck "Allow website caches and databases"

Hope it helps.
Note: I do not use IE or MSFT Edge.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ArchAngel wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 10:52 pm Hi all,

I just had my weather skin (that uses jsmorley's JSON scraper skin) stop working today.

Tried all the suggestions in the previous pages to get it working again but nothing works.

Tried accessing the URL in both Firefox and Chrome but both have the broken data.

I then tried using Curl to get the data and that actually comes through with the original correct format.

Getting weirder and weirder all the time.

Hope weather.com sorts out their format soon.

Cheers,
Stuart
To be sure in which format it is received by WebParser, you can see if this basic skin is returning a termperature for your latitude and longitude. If it does, then you receive the V3 (i.e. "new") format at the moment.
ArchAngel

Post by ArchAngel »

Yincognito wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 11:11 pm To be sure in which format it is received by WebParser, you can see if this basic skin is returning a termperature for your latitude and longitude. If it does, then you receive the V3 (i.e. "new") format at the moment.
I tested it and it is the V3 that comes through on the web parser.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ArchAngel wrote: June 4th, 2020, 2:25 am I tested it and it is the V3 that comes through on the web parser.
Yep, as expected. I saw other users reporting that the fix seem to not work after a while. Can't see if they're doing it ok and such, can't test it yet as for me the V2 ("old") format still works after doing the fix a couple of days ago, but what I can guarantee is that at least one solution for this will be functional very soon.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:44 pm I was joking, balala. :lol: Both times. Can't help it, since you seem so serious all the time. :D
:thumbup: :great:
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

Stopped working for me today. Just tried what I did last time, clearing IE browser (which I don't even use IE), and it didn't work for me this time. Guess i'm back to shutting down Rainmeter again to avoid this..

fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Don't worry we're all on the same boat, or at least I suppose... :twisted:

In my case the problem is a completely different web page, even the structure is completely different! O.O
Has anyone experienced anything like this?