It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:34 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Wim

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Wim »

gordonpm wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 7:51 am This is the "best case scenario" right now

To clarify - there should be a 4 day display there with text, temp and icon for Current, Tonight, Tomorrow, DayAfter (derived from the 10 day forecast I believe). As above, this is the best it gets, most of the time, I just get the "Tomorrow" text and nothing else.

I don't think this tells us too much new though. We know there's an issue with parsing
I had the same with Large Clean Weather. I posted a screenshot earlier in this thread. You'll find it here
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34734&start=200#p177307

LCW is the one bottom right

It's the only one that was not using JSON, using html scrape instead

I last used IE 5 days ago and i've had no further issues since (knock on wood) ...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Mordasius wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 7:42 am Is there anyone else out there that is still using Windows 7 (64-bit), never uses IE as a browser and hasn't used CCleaner in months?

If there is, are you, like me, wondering what all this fuss about the weather.com skins is all about?
Well, I'm using Win10, and I DO sometimes run IE (corporate website that requires it)... and I had this problem on exactly one machine (not any others). After doing the cookie clearing dance (without CCleaner), I've never seen the issue again. For some reason for me the fix was permanent. I can only force the issue by using a user agent string for a mobile device. :confused:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gerryex wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 9:16 pmI'm using the Yahoo.com version of the weather skin which seems to be working just fine and has the same info as your skin so at least I have my desktop weather info. But it would still be nice to be able to get the other skins based on weather.com working again.

Thanks for all your help,
Gerry
gordonpm wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:28 pm Still not working here either no matter how many times I clear and restart.

Varies between no information at all and partly working, but has not worked for all forecasts (Now, Tonight, Tomorrow etc) since this all began.
xenium wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 11:49 am I made a version of my Windows 10 Weather Enterprise skin that uses JSON data from the New TWC website.
The skin is in testing, it is not finished and will be available for download only when the old TWC website will no longer be available. For me my skins that use the current website still work.
But because I saw that no solution on the forum works for the skin you use, I'm sending you a PM with the skin download link.
See if it works for you

Place cursor over the weather icons for details.
Yeah, I'll also post in the near future either a method or a (basic) skin that'll work in each possible case: V2, V3 or if you're using a legit API key (the latter is more or less the same format as V3, really). The location and current conditions are already done, I just have to tweak the forecast extraction exactly the way I want to. I have the extraction done already since a couple of years back in my Feeds skin, it just needs to be adapted without any drawback to the weather skin.

So, don't worry, there are (or there will be shortly) solutions for the issue, and not just one. Whether it's the fix, the Yahoo route, Mordassius' solution or mine, the resolution will eventually be satisfactory. Me, I didn't want to settle for a format or another, but rather make the thing work irrespective of the data provided by the source, so that me (or folks using it) won't have to bother again with this whole inconvenience - and if they do, the required modifications should be superficial (i.e. not rewriting the whole skin again).
SilverAzide wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 1:54 pmI can only force the issue by using a user agent string for a mobile device. :confused:
If persistent, this isn't an issue, as the real problem with this was the inconsistency. If one can force one format or another to be passed to WebParser, then at least half of the problem is gone.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mordasius wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 7:42 am Is there anyone else out there that is still using Windows 7 (64-bit), never uses IE as a browser and hasn't used CCleaner in months?

If there is, are you, like me, wondering what all this fuss about the weather.com skins is all about?
Well, I'm using Windows 10 (v 1909) as operating system, IE and sometimes Edge as browser (yes, don't be :o, believe or not, I am still using IE and am extremely satisfied with it and don't want to change it, however sooner or later will have to, I suppose) and have never been using CClean. All weather skins are continuously working, with no problems.
That's it...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 5:36 pm Well, I'm using Windows 10 (v 1909) as operating system, IE and sometimes Edge as browser (yes, don't be :o, believe or not, I am still using IE and am extremely satisfied with it and don't want to change it, however sooner or later will have to, I suppose) and have never been using CClean. All weather skins are continuously working, with no problems.
That's it...
Then, we finally identified the culprit: it's a Microsoft plot to force us into continuously using IE as a browser... :sly:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:12 pm Then, we finally identified the culprit: it's a Microsoft plot to force us into continuously using IE as a browser... :sly:
MS doesn't support IE anymore. They switched in meantime to Edge.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:23 pm MS doesn't support IE anymore. They switched in meantime to Edge.
That what they want us to believe... :sly:
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:23 pm MS doesn't support IE anymore. They switched in meantime to Edge.
Edge... Chromium indeed. ;-)

As a side note, now TWC constantly shows the "new" format, but everything works without a glitch, same regex as before.

I'll see if something changes in the next days... stay tuned! :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:34 pm That what they want us to believe... :sly:
Why, are they still supporting it? I doubt...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 8:40 pm Why, are they still supporting it? I doubt...
I was joking, balala. :lol: Both times. Can't help it, since you seem so serious all the time. :D