It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:21 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 5:12 pm Any progress on a long term solution to this problem?
We are a bit at the mercy of weather.com on this. So far for the last two days it has settled down for me, but we will see...
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 5:14 pm We are a bit at the mercy of weather.com on this. So far for the last two days it has settled down for me, but we will see...

Understood.

I just cleared the internet temp files once again and tried weather.com skins and they are still not working for me!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 5:27 pm Understood.

I just cleared the internet temp files once again and tried weather.com skins and they are still not working for me!
Not sure what to tell you at this point. It might just be for me for all I know, but it's been good for a while now. All I can really suggest is that you download the skin in the first post of this thread, to be sure you haven't inadvertently changed something, then before installing it, unload any weather skins you have running, exit Rainmeter entirely, use Internet Options to entirely clear the IE cache and cookies, do that two or three times, then restart Rainmeter and install the skin.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:20 pm Not sure what to tell you at this point. It might just be for me for all I know, but it's been good for a while now. All I can really suggest is that you download the skin in the first post of this thread, to be sure you haven't inadvertently changed something, then before installing it, unload any weather skins you have running, exit Rainmeter entirely, use Internet Options to entirely clear the IE cache and cookies, do that two or three times, then restart Rainmeter and install the skin.
Well, I did exactly what you suggested. I unloaded any weather skins, exited Rainmeter, downloaded a fresh copy of the skin from the first post of this thread, used Internet Options to delete cookies and temps 3 times, installed the fresh copy of the skin which started up Rainmeter and unfortunately still no joy!!!

I'm using the Yahoo.com version of the weather skin which seems to be working just fine and has the same info as your skin so at least I have my desktop weather info. But it would still be nice to be able to get the other skins based on weather.com working again.

Thanks for all your help,
Gerry
gordonpm

Post by gordonpm »

Still not working here either no matter how many times I clear and restart.

Varies between no information at all and partly working, but has not worked for all forecasts (Now, Tonight, Tomorrow etc) since this all began.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gordonpm wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:28 pm Still not working here either no matter how many times I clear and restart.

Varies between no information at all and partly working, but has not worked for all forecasts (Now, Tonight, Tomorrow etc) since this all began.
What do you mean by "partly working"?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Is there anyone else out there that is still using Windows 7 (64-bit), never uses IE as a browser and hasn't used CCleaner in months?

If there is, are you, like me, wondering what all this fuss about the weather.com skins is all about?
gordonpm

Post by gordonpm »

Yincognito wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:42 pm What do you mean by "partly working"?
This is the "best case scenario" right now

To clarify - there should be a 4 day display there with text, temp and icon for Current, Tonight, Tomorrow, DayAfter (derived from the 10 day forecast I believe). As above, this is the best it gets, most of the time, I just get the "Tomorrow" text and nothing else.

I don't think this tells us too much new though. We know there's an issue with parsing
Attachments
Capture.JPG
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Mordasius wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 7:42 am Is there anyone else out there that is still using Windows 7 (64-bit), never uses IE as a browser and hasn't used CCleaner in months?

If there is, are you, like me, wondering what all this fuss about the weather.com skins is all about?
Yep, me too...
But I'm on Win 10, the rest is the same, I use Chrome.

I've had the "new" TWC pages a couple of times, now they're back to the old ones, so I'm not sure if it's for this reason or not...
xenium

Post by xenium »

gordonpm wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 10:28 pm Still not working here either no matter how many times I clear and restart.

I made a version of my Windows 10 Weather Enterprise skin that uses JSON data from the New TWC website.
The skin is in testing, it is not finished and will be available for download only when the old TWC website will no longer be available. For me my skins that use the current website still work.
But because I saw that no solution on the forum works for the skin you use, I'm sending you a PM with the skin download link.
See if it works for you

Place cursor over the weather icons for details.