It is currently April 12th, 2021, 4:11 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
QuakeGuy

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by QuakeGuy »

Right. The problem started a good week ago. But not for my rainmeter skin. The skin always works on my windows machines. Very strange. But i have problems with my Conky skin on my Raspberry Pi server using also Weather.com and the JSON structure.

I use curl for getting the html code and fetch various cities in one update cycle. This is mainly how i noticed the weird behaviour. Some cities showing errors. So I get the old or new structured HTML on a totally random basis. Over the last days i get the new structure more often. That would very well explain SilverAzides guess.
SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:49 am My guess is they are rolling this out to the machines in their server farms in stages, so which flavor of JSON you get is a bit of a crapshoot depending on which way their load balancer decides at that particular millisecond. For now. Patience seems like a good plan at this point.
I don't understand why my Rainmeter skin makes no problems for now. But when i open the url in a browser i always get the new structured HTML. :???:
QuakeGuy

Post by QuakeGuy »

Actually all weather skins using weather.com work for me in Rainmeter. But any browser on my Windows 10 or curl in Raspbian (Linux) get the new JSON structure.

Btw the old structured HTML is about 400 KB, the new one about 950 KB.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

@Morley
Just a suggestion to think about putting the topic here in the f1rst post of this topic or to create a new pinned. That are the creations more than Rainmeter news if you agree and the users, when they are searching for skins should come here. i saw a few times that some users were unable to find it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

pul53dr1v3r wrote: May 30th, 2020, 3:52 pm @Morley
Just a suggestion to think about putting the topic here in the f1rst post of this topic or to create a new pinned. That are the creations more than Rainmeter news if you agree and the users, when they are searching for skins should come here. i saw a few times that some users were unable to find it.
Done.
SullyPanda

Post by SullyPanda »

So, it seems any rainmeter skin will use Internet Explorer engine, even tought if it's not the default browser.

Internet Explorer, on Win 10 gives this error:

Línea: 6
Error: Operando no válido para 'instanceof': se esperaba una función
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Any progress on a long term solution to this problem?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 5:12 pm Any progress on a long term solution to this problem?
We are a bit at the mercy of weather.com on this. So far for the last two days it has settled down for me, but we will see...
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 5:14 pm We are a bit at the mercy of weather.com on this. So far for the last two days it has settled down for me, but we will see...

Understood.

I just cleared the internet temp files once again and tried weather.com skins and they are still not working for me!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

gerryex wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 5:27 pm Understood.

I just cleared the internet temp files once again and tried weather.com skins and they are still not working for me!
Not sure what to tell you at this point. It might just be for me for all I know, but it's been good for a while now. All I can really suggest is that you download the skin in the first post of this thread, to be sure you haven't inadvertently changed something, then before installing it, unload any weather skins you have running, exit Rainmeter entirely, use Internet Options to entirely clear the IE cache and cookies, do that two or three times, then restart Rainmeter and install the skin.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

jsmorley wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 6:20 pm Not sure what to tell you at this point. It might just be for me for all I know, but it's been good for a while now. All I can really suggest is that you download the skin in the first post of this thread, to be sure you haven't inadvertently changed something, then before installing it, unload any weather skins you have running, exit Rainmeter entirely, use Internet Options to entirely clear the IE cache and cookies, do that two or three times, then restart Rainmeter and install the skin.
Well, I did exactly what you suggested. I unloaded any weather skins, exited Rainmeter, downloaded a fresh copy of the skin from the first post of this thread, used Internet Options to delete cookies and temps 3 times, installed the fresh copy of the skin which started up Rainmeter and unfortunately still no joy!!!

I'm using the Yahoo.com version of the weather skin which seems to be working just fine and has the same info as your skin so at least I have my desktop weather info. But it would still be nice to be able to get the other skins based on weather.com working again.

Thanks for all your help,
Gerry