It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:46 pm

Dynamic Display Text

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Dynamic Display Text

Post by jsmorley »

vulcanrvn90 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 3:39 pm Unfortunaly I did do that, the application opens but doesn't automatically load the notes.txt file for some reason
You are quite sure is it Notepads.exe
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vulcanrvn90 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 3:39 pm Unfortunaly I did do that, the application opens but doesn't automatically load the notes.txt file for some reason
What is the exact path of notes.txt on your hard-drive?
vulcanrvn90

Post by vulcanrvn90 »

Haha yes I'm quite sure of the name of the exe and application. Here is the app itself if you would like to take a look, its quite slick and fairly customizable.

https://www.notepadsapp.com/

"What is the exact path of notes.txt on your hard-drive?"

The application path is C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19282JackieLiu.Notepads-Beta_1.3.4.0_x64__echhpq9pdbte8\Notepads.exe

Notes.txt Path is D:\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Notes Redux\Notepad\Notes.txt

What I've tried thus far is

1. LeftMouseUpAction=[notepads #CURRENTPATH#\Notes.txt]
This just opens the application notepads, but doesn't load the notes.txt file. Changing notepads to notepad or leaving blank does open the notes.txt file in notepad or the default respectively. Strangely enough, this exact same line used to work just fine prior to me messing about trying to get everything else working. (Again thank you) I'm just as invested in this to get it working on a practical matter, and almost even more interested to just find out why it stopped and how to fix it, I love puzzles.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vulcanrvn90 wrote: May 26th, 2020, 11:37 pm What I've tried thus far is

1. LeftMouseUpAction=[notepads #CURRENTPATH#\Notes.txt]
I don't know about notepads, I'm not using it, don't have it installed, so, that's it.
but what for sure I know is that although I recommended you to quote every such parameter, you missed it. But those quotes are important, especially that there for sure are spaces into the path of Notes.txt. So, make a try by adding them: LeftMouseUpAction=[notepads "#CURRENTPATH#\Notes.txt"].
If this doesn't help, try to add the whole path of the notepads.exe as well: LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\19282JackieLiu.Notepads-Beta_1.3.4.0_x64__echhpq9pdbte8\Notepads.exe" "#CURRENTPATH#\Notes.txt"].
vulcanrvn90

Post by vulcanrvn90 »

I ended up just having to add the full path of the notes file instead of the application and got it working, well after adding quotation marks as well.

Thanks again
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vulcanrvn90 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 9:47 am I ended up just having to add the full path of the notes file instead of the application and got it working, well after adding quotation marks as well.
Not the best idea, to add the full path. What you also could try is this: LeftMouseUpAction=["Notepads.exe" "Notes.txt"].