It is currently April 20th, 2024, 9:11 am

Text Input with !SetClip

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Text Input with !SetClip

Post by Yincognito »

Mor3bane wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:49 pm I just dont know how to script autoit, hotkey, or whatever.

So that equates to more work than is nominally necessary when the difference is less than a second of my time when those options were actually functioning. One key press vs a two key combination to do it the generic way...
Oh, ok then - I thought you actually needed this to work, but if it was just a matter of speeding up the process that you can already do without issues, then you're right. Better stick with doing things the "old way", as it takes way less time overall.
Mor3bane wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:53 pm However, if you can say that one key press will somehow fill the two fields - then I am all in.
AutoHotkey / AutoIt scripts can do this for many more fields on one key press, actually. But yeah, no point in complicating stuff pointlessly, so no worries.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Ok AutoHotKey does not work.

I did a simple script that works in notepad but not my game app.

So, again "fake key presses" are NOT ALLOWED.

Too bad thought I had the tweak happening.

EDIT: AHK has tonnes of options - its almost too easy. I'll update if I get the tweak thing happenin'.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: May 27th, 2020, 1:20 am So, again "fake key presses" are NOT ALLOWED.
What you mean by "fake key presses"?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:28 am What you mean by "fake key presses"?
Key press simulated by a program (e.g. AutoHotKey / AutoIt script in this case), without an actual key being physically pressed by the user.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mor3bane wrote: May 27th, 2020, 1:20 am Ok AutoHotKey does not work.

I did a simple script that works in notepad but not my game app.

So, again "fake key presses" are NOT ALLOWED.

Too bad thought I had the tweak happening.

EDIT: AHK has tonnes of options - its almost too easy. I'll update if I get the tweak thing happenin'.
Suggestion: try downloading and installing Pulover's Macro Creator for AutoHotKey - it's much easier that way, because you can record what you do and the program will automatically make the script for you (which you can then modify or tweak, of course, or export it as .ahk / .pmc / .exe).

By the way, it doesn't have to be about a fake key press in the program, maybe you can do it by sending a message to the program window (e.g. paste this or that in the box from a certain window, or a mouse event). In the end, even if this doesn't work, you'd have learned something new, and maybe useful in the future.