It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:53 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Yincognito »

Yep, it's not working again, and not just for me, as seen here. I think that if the problem is the IE cookies, a way to prevent IE from creating those weather.com or whatever cookies again should accompany the (temporarily) working solution that pul53dr1v3r posted earlier...
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Yincognito wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:15 pm Yep, it's not working again, and not just for me, as seen here. I think that if the problem is the IE cookies, a way to prevent IE from creating those weather.com or whatever cookies again should accompany the (temporarily) working solution that pul53dr1v3r posted earlier...
But i tried to delete the cookies and skins based on Weather.com still do not work!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gerryex wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:17 pm But i tried to delete the cookies and skins based on Weather.com still do not work!
Yeah, but you said you couldn't delete all the files / cookies, so...
I hate to try this again, but I'll try pul53dr1v3r's solution one more time, and see what happens. If it doesn't work or the issue comes back yet again, I will examine the other options I already know they work. Thing is, they require time and effort to implement. :confused:
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Yincognito wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:25 pm Yeah, but you said you couldn't delete all the files / cookies, so...
I hate to try this again, but I'll try pul53dr1v3r's solution one more time, and see what happens. If it doesn't work or the issue comes back yet again, I will examine the other options I already know they work. Thing is, they require time and effort to implement. :confused:
Hi!

I tried it again and ran CCleaner several times and it said it deleted files but any skin using Weather.com is still not working. The skin using Yahoo.com IS working.

Gerry
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I am still investigating, but it is possible that adding ForceReload=1 to the "parent" WebParser measure might make a difference here.

So what I did was:

1) Exit Rainmeter
2) Clean out IE using Internet Options
3) Open WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc from the skin's @Resource folder
4) Replace the measure [@EntireSiteSuperParent] with:

Code: Select all

[@EntireSiteSuperParent]
Measure=WebParser
URL=#URLSite#
UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:77.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/77.0
ForceReload=1
DecodeCharacterReference=1
UpdateRate=#UpdateRate#
LogSubstringErrors=0
RegExp=(?siU)^(.*)$
StringIndex=1
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup Parents]
;Debug=2
;Debug2File=#@#EntireSite.txt
5) Save the file, then restart Rainmeter.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/webparser/#ForceReload

This has seemed (so far) to stabilize the situation for me. I'd be interested in what happens for others.

In theory, that setting is supposed to force the Internet Explorer API to "skip" using any cache, and insist on a fresh copy of the site each time.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm This has seemed (so far) to stabilize the situation for me. I'd be interested in what happens for others.
I tried the same thing...

Code: Select all

UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:77.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/77.0
ForceReload=1
...but it didn't work for me. I tried the recommendation of going into Internet Options > General > Settings > View files, and deleting everything and THAT did the job. Note that there were files in that folder even AFTER clearing everything...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

gerryex wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:31 pm I tried it again and ran CCleaner several times and it said it deleted files but any skin using Weather.com is still not working. The skin using Yahoo.com IS working.
Make sure you do the last step in pul53dr1v3r's recommendation. It's the step that worked for me. Internet Options > General > Settings > View files, and delete everything. I had files in that folder even after clearing the cache/cookies using the Delete option.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

I just tried the substitution of that code in the file but the weather.com skins still do not work!

I also tried deleting all the files in the "Internet options . . . . view files" and that also did not work. And as indicated in another post there are some files that remain in that folder even after clearing everything. But again it did not work for me.
Nickson

Post by Nickson »

The data structure changed!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Nickson wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:51 pm The data structure changed!
Not for me...

1.jpg