It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:26 am

Text Input with !SetClip

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Re: Text Input with !SetClip

Post by Mor3bane »

I suspect there is a "no fake keypress" thingy on this game app.

So, moot to continue. :oops:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: May 25th, 2020, 10:34 pm Well, i looked things up and tried these as well with similar or no effect:

[x11] Vertical Tab
[x10] Line feed (had to try it...)
These for sure are not correct. A backslash is missing on both:
[\x11] Vertical Tab
[\x10] Line feed (had to try it...)
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2020, 11:19 am These for sure are not correct. A backslash is missing on both:
[\x11] Vertical Tab
[\x10] Line feed (had to try it...)
Just a typo in the forum - I had them in my meter. :lol:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mor3bane wrote: May 25th, 2020, 4:23 am Ok this bit would be the part i am trying to use the TAB code for - with the TAB code at this point.

Code: Select all

[Button1]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=180,180,180,255
X=228
Y=134
W=36
H=35
Antialias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetClip "#a-password#[\x09]#b-password#"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
Hidden=0
Group=buttons
I am getting the strings from a mouse click then entering them into the field with ctrl-v.

I cannot right-click in the field - it is not possible with the application at hand.
So, you want to paste different "passwords" (or to choose a different "password" to be pasted) in the "application at hand", using Rainmeter's !SetClip bang and a "separator character", is that it?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Yincognito wrote: May 26th, 2020, 11:52 am So, you want to paste different "passwords" (or to choose a different "password" to be pasted) in the "application at hand", using Rainmeter's !SetClip bang and a "separator character", is that it?
Not exactly - to auto fill two fields with the two strings - one then the other two separate fields which can be navigated with the keyboard TAB key but not the ascii tab code.

As recommended by balala. But the example you quoted did not work, incidentally.

You have another idea Yincognito??

I an fairly certain the game launcher prevents 'fake' key strokes, so possibly not an option out there in this format?
My DevArt Gallery

Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mor3bane wrote: May 26th, 2020, 11:55 amYou have another idea Yincognito??
Yes, I do, two of them actually. :D It could be one of them or a combination of both.

Your initial mistake was to believe !SetClip has any control over the paste process, because it has not. It only controls the copy process, but it's still useful. Now on the "ideas" I have:

1. Use one or two AutoHotkey / AutoIt scripts that can be launched by an action from Rainmeter. You'd have to make them, of course, but I think it's doable and rather easy. It remains to be seen if the program is smart enough to prevent filling its textboxes with what the scripts send to them, but that's another matter, and it's up to you to figure it out.

2. The Rainmeter-only method would involve using Brian's HotKey plugin (since, according to jsmorley, the plugin's uses are both global and non-blocking, which means the plugin reacts to the keys wherever you are in the OS) to assign two keys (or key combinations) that when pressed they copy either the first or the second string from the source to the clipboard using the !SetClip bang, so that when you move to one of the two textboxes in your program with TAB and hit the CRTL+V the appropriate string is pasted. You can even "toggle" between copying the 1st or the 2nd string to the clipboard using !SetClip by pressing the TAB key itself, if you think it doesn't come into conflict with other operations related to this key - that's up for you to decide.

That's about it. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, once you get a bit familiar with AutoHotkey / AutoIt / Hotkey plugin. My impression is that you can do this using the Rainmeter-only method quite easily, but then I didn't actually test it to be sure about it... :confused:
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks Yincognito, but both those option completely defeat the purpose of what I was trying to do.

Using a key to conduct a key press? Nope simply and I thought obviously, not the point.

I looked at both those options, and the amount of work that would go into designing a Hotkey to complete a key press that I already was doing is moot.

But thanks for hashing it out anyway. Never hurts to look at things from more than one perspective.
My DevArt Gallery

Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mor3bane wrote: May 26th, 2020, 8:58 pm Thanks Yincognito, but both those option completely defeat the purpose of what I was trying to do.

Using a key to conduct a key press? Nope simply and I thought obviously, not the point.

I looked at both those options, and the amount of work that would go into designing a Hotkey to complete a key press that I already was doing is moot.

But thanks for hashing it out anyway. Never hurts to look at things from more than one perspective.
As you wish. If you think no solution is better than two working ones, that's fine with me. I don't think it's big amount of work either, but obviously you are the one deciding on this matter. ;-)

Just a small note: at no point did I suggest to use a key to conduct a key press, or using Hotkey to do that. Hotkey would only help to switch / toggle between the two strings you'd like to paste, that's all. It won't simulate a key press at all, just toggle between a-password and b-password on a key press at your choosing, which password you can then paste using the normal CTRL+V key press you're already doing in the program.

I have the feeling there's a misunderstanding somewhere as to what or how things will happen, or maybe I got your request completely the wrong way... :confused:
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

I just dont know how to script autoit, hotkey, or whatever.

So that equates to more work than is nominally necessary when the difference is less than a second of my time when those options were actually functioning. One key press vs a two key combination to do it the generic way...
My DevArt Gallery

Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

However, if you can say that one key press will somehow fill the two fields - then I am all in.
My DevArt Gallery