It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:27 pm

Has The Weather Changed Again?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Has The Weather Changed Again?

Post by Mor3bane »

The weather skin by xxenium, Astro Weather has stopped reporting, it is passing a log error saying the time reference is off, but I dont see that making a difference.

Is anyone else having this issue, or is there a fix already?

Thanks.
xenium

Re: Has The Weather Changed Again?

Post by xenium »

Mor3bane wrote: May 26th, 2020, 1:03 am The weather skin by xxenium, Astro Weather has stopped reporting, it is passing a log error saying the time reference is off, but I dont see that making a difference.

Thanks.
Try this :
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34734&p=176803#p176803
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

STrange thing is this all started after i did a CCLeaner Run - I've been using it fir years and never had this happen before - so I;m running it again with pulsedrivers settings just to be safe.

I also have a couple of other skins that are based on the same code but much simpler - they are all unresponsive - like they are all just DEAD?

EDIT: Finished the clean, gonna restart the PC and see what come about.

EDIT2: And I'm back on the track - weather running again.

Thanks xxenium :thumbup: :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

WebParser measures have a known issue, described here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26117&p=136507#p136507
If you refresh the skin frequently in a short period, you get the WebParser measure(s) hanged up and such in a case only a restart of Rainmeter can help. No need to restart the computer, restarting only Rainmeter is enough. This is what I suppose there has been going on.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: May 26th, 2020, 12:53 pm WebParser measures have a known issue, described here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26117&p=136507#p136507
If you refresh the skin frequently in a short period, you get the WebParser measure(s) hanged up and such in a case only a restart of Rainmeter can help. No need to restart the computer, restarting only Rainmeter is enough. This is what I suppose there has been going on.
Hi balala. I tried that - more than once to be sure. Also restarted - more than once. The CCleaner option seemed to be both the trigger for, and solution of, my issue. 8-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Actully, it began happening for me again - weather skins not working (mine and jsmorley's one) - after previously being able to fix the issue using pulsedriver's CCleaner method...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 26th, 2020, 9:30 pm mine did it a few hours ago again Yincognito so where getting a loop ....every few days... :D
It appears so, unfortunately. By the way, it's the same page source format change as last time, so the code there should work. I guess I was right on the other thread that the problem would return eventually.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:03 pm if it's happening again i have a yahoo backup made it yesterday... :D with the same skin :P
Hm...yahoo...sounds even worse than this issue, LOL. But in the end, whatever works should be used... until it doesn't work anymore. :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: May 26th, 2020, 10:21 pm why are you promoting your work?
Is there nothing wrong with promoting our own work. Or is there?
Traxan

Post by Traxan »

Mor3bane wrote: May 26th, 2020, 1:03 am The weather skin by xxenium, Astro Weather has stopped reporting, it is passing a log error saying the time reference is off, but I dont see that making a difference.

Thanks.
VCloudsWeather is also broken.