It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:35 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by eclectic-tech »

I'm in the "TWC JSON Weather Not Working" camp... hopefully things will eventually get corrected.
But luckily, I have an Yahoo Weather skin that is based on JSMorley's design that works.

yahooCom0.png
It's always good to have options :great:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

pul53dr1v3r wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 12:32 pm Finally, after many tries to find out what's the cause of it, i scanned my PC with CCleaner and seems it SOLVED the issue. Now everything is working flawlessly from that very moment.
I also did a Registry scan.

Here are the settings i use in CCleaner:

Damn it, now COVID-19 has infected the internet as well.... :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

xenium wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:24 pm Damn it, now COVID-19 has infected the internet as well.... :D

MaskRM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SCR

Post by SCR »

This TWC issue seems pretty strange. I have never lost data on my home grown weather skin using the JSMorley JSON .inc files for location USNY1287 which remains untouched by me, except for the location. All additional measures I use are in are in a separate include files.

However I am noticing some weird update times. Sometimes it's every 10 minutes as it should be but I have seen it go to 40 minutes between data updates which is really not a big deal in the over all scheme of things. I haven't changed anything in my skin but that doesn't mean something hasn't gone wrong with it. After all it is my skin and my coding is really not very neat. You really don't want to see it.
:oops:
xenium

Post by xenium »

jsmorley wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:40 pmMaskRM.png
What level of protection does the mask have? :D

Now, with each download of the program from
www.rainmeter.net you must also offer a mask ... ;-)
mpurses

Post by mpurses »

Running CCleaner also worked for me on my weather skin(mod of xenium's Astroweather) parsing the Weather.com html.
I believe it could be something in either "Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files" or "System - Temporary Files" since I ran it recently.

pul53dr1v3r wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 12:32 pm Hi guys. The issue started to happen to me from yesterday, with the all JSON Weather.com based skins i had installed, including the morley's. The same was with my Rainformer Weather skin. The only thing that worked was location, everything else was empty whatever i did.
Compared the current JSON code of the site, but seems unchanged.
Also, some users of my suite reported the issue from yesterday.

Finally, after many tries to find out what's the cause of it, i scanned my PC with CCleaner and seems it SOLVED the issue. Now everything is working flawlessly from that very moment.
I also did a Registry scan.

Here are the settings i use in CCleaner:

Last edited by mpurses on May 23rd, 2020, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

xenium wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:55 pm What level of protection does the mask have? :D

Now, with each download of the program from
www.rainmeter.net you must also offer a mask ... ;-)
It's an RM95...
xenium

Post by xenium »

jsmorley wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:57 pm It's an RM95...
Wow!
High protection!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

It's my guess that Disk Cleanup, which comes with Windows, would be enough for this.