It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:42 pm

All Rainmeter Weather Skins refuse to load

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: All Rainmeter Weather Skins refuse to load

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 12:10 pm i'm not saying that a dev has to do it but if you load the inc files from a central place it would be a one time fix instead of in all scripts...
and i'm not lazy to fix it.. but it doesn't help the rest ... and al help every time again over again ...instead you could put the energy in to new things ... :???:
Yeah, I get what you say. JsMorley is for now hesitant to make this change in his .inc files, and for good reason: there are still users for which the "old" regex(es) work, and you never know if after a couple of hours or the next couple of days the weather.com format won't "revert" to the "old" one. I agree with him on this one, a bit of patience is wise to have right now, at least until it becomes clear that the format change is definitive...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 12:21 pm JSmorley always does his best to fix and i know it could return after days we have seen that a couple of times now ..
it's always the question what's wise to do ... wait or fix.... if possible.. 8-)
Yep, true that.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 10:12 am NL= dutch aka NLXX0002
I tried more skins for NLXX0002 and all of them are working.
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

They are all working again today. Sorry for the bother - evidently it was just a temporary situation with my weather station? Anyway,all is well now - thanks for all the replies.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

JohnBurns wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 1:22 pm They are all working again today. Sorry for the bother - evidently it was just a temporary situation with my weather station? Anyway,all is well now - thanks for all the replies.
Glad to hear it. I suspected as much, since a real "change" to the JSON by weather.com would by the nature of things almost certainly give the same problem to everyone, and it just didn't. It's more likely that one or more "regional" servers had some kind of technical hiccup. It always pays to wait up to 24 hours to see if these things don't get cleared up before reacting too strongly.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 1:25 pm Glad to hear it. I suspected as much, since a real "change" to the JSON by weather.com would by the nature of things almost certainly give the same problem to everyone, and it just didn't. It's more likely that one or more "regional" servers had some kind of technical hiccup. It always pays to wait up to 24 hours to see if these things don't get cleared up before reacting too strongly.
I'm still waiting for the change to be reverted in my region as well (still doesn't work yet, for me), but in the meantime I'm gonna build my skin to be easily adapted to different field names in any order whatsoever (it's more or less an "upgrade" to your .inc based method, that should be immune to different field order). I'm not going to rest on my laurels saying this is over: this is a lesson and amends should be made to the code as a result, in my view. We've been here before, in the past: although the changes were reverted after a while, in the end they became definitive (or, in the wxdata's case, deadly definitive, LMAO).

Apparently I took the right decision delaying the release of a weather skin, since changes loom to the horizon only a couple of months after implementing a different source...
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

Still broken for me.
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:20 pm after running ccleaner it all came back .... thx pul53dr1v3r it worked :D
Well, that's just the most weird thing ever. It looks to me like what is / was happening is that something was getting stuck in the Internet Explorer cache that was messing things up for you. I know, you certainly don't use Internet Explorer, nobody in their right mind does, but WebParser uses some shared API's with Internet Explorer, and the settings and cookies and such in IE can have some impact on WebParser.

That is the only thing I can imagine that would cause CCleaner or BleachBit or any of the other "cleaning" tools to have any impact on this.

I would never have tumbled to this, since I have Rainmeter use CCleaner to "empty" my Recycle Bin, so it gets run dozens and dozens of times a day. I am super-anal about emptying my Recycle Bin.

RightMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" "/AUTO"][#PlayRecycleSound#][!Update]
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

dvo wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 1:20 pm after running ccleaner it all came back .... thx pul53dr1v3r it worked :D
Same here, CCleaner seemed to fix it.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK