It is currently April 16th, 2024, 1:38 pm

Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:06 pm A bit off topic, but since we're at it, I also noticed a significant CPU usage increase when using ActionTimer and doing other GPU intensive stuff (like watching a flash clip online, a YouTube video, etc).
I think this is a normal thing, for the same reason why, as you probably know, all "visualizer" skins increase the CPU usage, due to the required low Update. When using the ActionTimer plugin, although the Update of the whole skin is in most cases "normal", but at least while running, the ActionTimer plugin measure is updated frequently. And in many cases along with it, a few other measures, as well as a few meters are also updated same frequently. This can led to a CPU usage increase. I think this is normal and how much it goes on, depends on the code of the skin itself.
Yincognito wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:06 pm Also, using the [!MoveMeter...] bang instead of the usual [!UpdateMeter...][!Redraw] method seems to be a bit faster - I guess because !MoveMeter automatically handles only the things related to the meter in question, and not the whole skin redrawing...
[!MoveMeter...] and [!UpdateMeter...][!Redraw] do different things, you can't compare them.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:28 pmI think this is a normal thing, for the same reason why, as you probably know, all "visualizer" skins increase the CPU usage, due to the required low Update.
Not so much due to the low Update, but due to more than one skin having low Update, and also due to the high CPU usage of AudioLevel measures (as they perform FFT, Hann functions, RMS, etc) in conjuction with other factors that increase CPU usage "externally" of Rainmeter. Incidentally, I've spent the last days testing this extensively, since I just added an audio skin / visualiser to my suite.
balala wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:28 pmWhen using the ActionTimer plugin, although the Update of the whole skin is in most cases "normal", but at least while running, the ActionTimer plugin measure is updated frequently. And in many cases along with it, a few other measures, as well as a few meters are also updated same frequently. This can led to a CPU usage increase. I think this is normal and how much it goes on, depends on the code of the skin itself.
It's only the update of the AT plugin measure, as the rest of the code is intentionally identical for both methods (AT and no AT), actually. Even the YT video used in testing is identical, for perfectly accurate test results. :D
balala wrote: May 21st, 2020, 6:28 pm[!MoveMeter...] and [!UpdateMeter...][!Redraw] do different things, you can't compare them.
They don't do much different things when used in the same context (i.e. when moving a meter) ... or at least that's not the intent of the skin developer when using them. For example, assuming SomeMeter has its Y=0, these two things below do the same thing, but the 2nd choice is faster:

Code: Select all

[!SetOption SomeMeter X 30][!UpdateMeter SomeMeter][!Redraw]

[!MoveMeter 30 0 SomeMeter]
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:19 pm Not so much due to the low Update, but due to more than one skin having low Update, and also due to the high CPU usage of AudioLevel measures (as they perform FFT, Hann functions, RMS, etc) in conjuction with other factors that increase CPU usage "externally" of Rainmeter. Incidentally, I've spent the last days testing this extensively, since I just added an audio skin / visualiser to my suite.
The CPU usage increases even if there is one single skin using AudioLevel plugin, with a low Update. But you probably are right, however I'm not sure at all, especially that I have no idea what FFT, Hann functions or RMS are (sorry...).
Yincognito wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:19 pm It's only the update of the AT plugin measure, as the rest of the code is intentionally identical for both methods (AT and no AT), actually.
Yes and no. In many cases, besides the ActionTimer plugin measure, more or less other measures and almost every time at least a few (but in some cases even more) meters are also updated. I suppose this also leds to CPU usage increase, isn't it?
Yincognito wrote: May 21st, 2020, 7:19 pm They don't do much different things when used in the same context (i.e. when moving a meter) ... or at least that's not the intent of the skin developer when using them. For example, assuming SomeMeter has its Y=0, these two things below do the same thing, but the 2nd choice is faster:

[!SetOption SomeMeter X 30][!UpdateMeter SomeMeter][!Redraw]

[!MoveMeter 30 0 SomeMeter]
Might be, however I doubt on modern computers and OSs, it would count too much.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason let's return to the glitch problem, because it still intricates me.
Try to remove the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of the [IconStyle] section and add the following meter to your code, as the first meter of the code (right before [MeterBackground]):

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
X=0
Y=0
W=200
H=50
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]
Does this fix the issue?
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 3:32 pm Jason let's return to the glitch problem, because it still intricates me.
Try to remove the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of the [IconStyle] section and add the following meter to your code, as the first meter of the code (right before [MeterBackground]):

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
X=0
Y=0
W=200
H=50
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]
Does this fix the issue?
Hi YES it works !!!! but a small bug is that when my mouse haven reach the chrome icon , it already slide left ( When it is my mouse move from straight from left ro right , at figure 1.2 )
ChromeGifv10.gif
As you can see in below, the different between my sql and chrome
ChromeGifv11.gif
The code is as below

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150
U=[!UpdateMeasureGroup Sliders][!UpdateMeterGroup Items][!Redraw]

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
X=0
Y=0
W=200
H=50

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
ImageName=#@#Buttons\Transparent\Chrome.png
H=50
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "150"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "255"]["Chrome.exe"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
RightMouseDownAction=[!Update]

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=0R
Y=0r
ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat Left,5,30
Left=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp(#X1#-5,-150,0))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Right,5,30
Right=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp(#X1#+5,-150,0))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Move the MouseOver actions from [MeterBackground] to [IconStyle] to activation when over an image, not when over the background.
Remove [MeterBackground] it is not needed.
Remove ImageCrop from both image meters [Chrome] and [ChromeName], that is also not needed.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150

; [MeterBackground]
; Meter=Image
; SolidColor=0,0,0,1
; X=0
; Y=0
; W=200
; H=50
; MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
; MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
H=50
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "150"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "255"]["Chrome.exe"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
;ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=0R
Y=0r
;ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
DynamicVariables=1
slide2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason

Post by Jason »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:16 pm Move the MouseOver actions from [MeterBackground] to [IconStyle] to activation when over an image, not when over the background.
Remove ImageCrop from both image meters [Chrome] and [ChromeName], that is also not needed.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150

; [MeterBackground]
; Meter=Image
; SolidColor=0,0,0,1
; X=0
; Y=0
; W=200
; H=50
; MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
; MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
H=50
DynamicVariables=1

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
;ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=0R
Y=0r
;ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
DynamicVariables=1
slide2.gif

Hi, this is what get below with the following codes.
ChromeGifv12.gif

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150

; [MeterBackground]
; Meter=Image
; SolidColor=0,0,0,1
; X=0
; Y=0
; W=200
; H=50

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
H=50
DynamicVariables=1

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
;ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=0R
Y=0r
;ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
DynamicVariables=1
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 25th, 2020, 2:16 pm Move the MouseOver actions from [MeterBackground] to [IconStyle] to activation when over an image, not when over the background.
Agree, all those things (meter and options) are not needed indeed, but I added the [MeterBackground] meter in try to fix the issue which had been existing.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 25th, 2020, 5:19 pm Hi, this is what get below with the following codes.
And do you have problems with this code?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 25th, 2020, 1:55 pm Hi YES it works !!!! but a small bug is that when my mouse haven reach the chrome icon , it already slide left ( When it is my mouse move from straight from left ro right , at figure 1.2 )
ChromeGifv10.gif

As you can see in below, the different between my sql and chrome
ChromeGifv11.gif
Yes, as said in my reply to eclectic-tech, I added the [MeterBackground] meter to have a consistent meter, to which to add the mouse action. In the previous code, there were two adiacent meters ([Chrome] and [ChromeName]), both with the same MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction (added then to the commonly used [IconStyle] section). The issue seemed to be when you've hovered the mouse over the border of these two meters. This was what I wanted to avoid, by adding the [MeterBackground] meter, to have one single meter, instead of two.
With the new code, the sliding is going on when you're hovering the mouse over this [MeterBackground] meter. To see it, replace the SolidColor option of the [MeterBackground] meter with something like SolidColor=250,0,0,150. You gonna see the surface which you have to hover the mouse over, in order to slide out the meters:
GIF.gif