It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:32 pm

Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 19th, 2020, 12:35 pm You mean like this? I zipped the unfold folder from my computer. ( I have only edited the chrome.ini fie. )
unFold Jason.rar
This is alright. :thumbup: I'm gonna check it now.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 19th, 2020, 12:35 pm You mean like this? I zipped the unfold folder from my computer. ( I have only edited the chrome.ini fie. )
unFold Jason.rar
And you still have problems with the packed Chrome.ini? Because I have not at all:
GIF.gif
I worked with the following skin: unFold\Chrome\Transparent\Chrome.ini.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 19th, 2020, 4:46 pm And you still have problems with the packed Chrome.ini? Because I have not at all:
GIF.gif
I worked with the following skin: unFold\Chrome\Transparent\Chrome.ini.
Yup, but it's okay, no need to edit it le sir... because i have found a .ini file which is for right side of the screen, and the shuttering is still occurs, which means is my screen problem alr. Which is why ....

I am thinking of switching to https://www.deviantart.com/viciousned/art/Gameview-2-432776682, the first page of our forum chat, ( this topic),
And i am wondering as this this url page is able to have the appearance of icon + the name together when the mousehover action is taken place??
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 19th, 2020, 5:47 pm Yup, but it's okay, no need to edit it le sir... because i have found a .ini file which is for right side of the screen, and the shuttering is still occurs, which means is my screen problem alr. Which is why ....
Yes, but why? Because I have no explanation why is this going on. It's weird. :confused:
Jason wrote: May 19th, 2020, 5:47 pm I am thinking of switching to https://www.deviantart.com/viciousned/art/Gameview-2-432776682, the first page of our forum chat, ( this topic),
And i am wondering as this this url page is able to have the appearance of icon + the name together when the mousehover action is taken place??
Probably it can be done, but the appropriate skin(s) will have to be edited.
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:03 pm Yes, but why? Because I have no explanation why is this going on. It's weird. :confused:

yeah, me too, maybe because face problem ????

"Probably it can be done, but the appropriate skin(s) will have to be edited. "
Yeah, which one need to edit ? i think this one wont have any problem. Maybe this one make my desktop cleaner as on default it hides.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 20th, 2020, 3:59 am yeah, me too, maybe because face problem ????
Try to close all skins, excepting Chrome.ini. Make sure there is no other skin loaded, including those which are not visible (there might be this kind of skins as well) (this can be checked from the Manage Rainmeter dialog). If you did this, you still have the issue?
Jason wrote: May 20th, 2020, 3:59 am Yeah, which one need to edit ? i think this one wont have any problem. Maybe this one make my desktop cleaner as on default it hides.
A while ago I worked with that skin, after another request here on the forum. Unfortunately I can't remember anymore, so will have to take a look. But this will happen only a little bit later. But I will...
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 20th, 2020, 6:18 am Try to close all skins, excepting Chrome.ini. Make sure there is no other skin loaded, including those which are not visible (there might be this kind of skins as well) (this can be checked from the Manage Rainmeter dialog). If you did this, you still have the issue?

A while ago I worked with that skin, after another request here on the forum. Unfortunately I can't remember anymore, so will have to take a look. But this will happen only a little bit later. But I will...
1) Yup, oh well nevermind then...

2) okay, i was wondering that a new skin with the combination of gameview and unfold. Like when i hover my mouse to the left or right screen of my laptop, only then the chrome icon + chrome name will appear ( it will be the same as unfold ) just that at default it will be invisible, once i hover my mouse to the left or right, it will only appear.
I am guessing it is not entirely a new thing, as just need to set as default is invisible and once mouse hover it will shown, the effect is same as gameview, but gameview has too many apptext, i want it be like the name will start at center, not from the top.

Thanks
Last edited by Jason on May 21st, 2020, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:03 pm Yes, but why? Because I have no explanation why is this going on. It's weird. :confused:

I let you work on this as I saw this very late, but these issues (regarding this skin suite, I believe) have been addressed before (also, a mention about the visual glitches by the OP at that time, I have no idea why, as it worked fine for me)...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: May 21st, 2020, 4:38 pm I let you work on this as I saw this very late, but these issues (regarding this skin suite, I believe) have been addressed before (also, a mention about the visual glitches by the OP at that time, I have no idea why, as it worked fine for me)...
Since I have no clue what is causing this, every idea is welcomed. So, if you have idea about the fix, please share it. Because I don't have the same issue as Jason, and so, I have no idea what's going on there.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: May 21st, 2020, 5:35 pm Since I have no clue what is causing this, every idea is welcomed. So, if you have idea about the fix, please share it. Because I don't have the same issue as Jason, and so, I have no idea what's going on there.
I don't have an idea what is the cause of those glitches either, but the OP from the link I posted mentioned them as well, and he claimed his last posted code "solved" it. I doubted (and still doubt) that, but since he was OK with the result, I didn't pursue the idea further on.

And yeah, those "glitches" don't happen for me either, just like in your case. Unless, of course, the "glitches" are the sudden increasing / decreasing in the speed of an ActionTimer animation ... something I did notice just about every time when using an ActionTimer animation myself. I didn't mentioned them yet on the forum because to me they seem like "normal" behavior of an "external" plugin when the CPU is busy (or busier, to be more precise) with other stuff in the system. Those sudden changes in the animation speed don't happen when using a "classic" animation type (i.e. through a counter and lowering the skin update rate), by the way.

A bit off topic, but since we're at it, I also noticed a significant CPU usage increase when using ActionTimer and doing other GPU intensive stuff (like watching a flash clip online, a YouTube video, etc). I tested all kinds of animation scenarios for two of my skins and it turned out that my method of doing the animation "the old way" (i.e. classic, no ActionTimer) was the most CPU friendly in those cases. I suppose it's because the AT measure requires additional updating to make use of dynamic variables, while a "normal" measure updating at the fast skin update rate does not. Also, using the [!MoveMeter...] bang instead of the usual [!UpdateMeter...][!Redraw] method seems to be a bit faster - I guess because !MoveMeter automatically handles only the things related to the meter in question, and not the whole skin redrawing...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth