It is currently April 16th, 2024, 6:13 pm

Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Jason

Re: Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm Do you ask how do I edit it, or how do I create it? If the second one, I'm using GifCam, but there are plenty of similar application to create such animated gifs. Just google the web a little bit to find another, if for any reason you don't like GifCam. However GifCam has the advantage of being a portable application, which means it doesn't have to be installed, just run directly when you download it.
Hi as you can see, it is not consistent. Mouse hover from bottom to top
ChromeGif.gif
Mouse hover from top to bottom.
ChromeGifv2.gif
Mouse hover from left to right.
ChromeGifv3.gif
balala wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:42 pm No, you don't have to edit anything, just have to apply the operations I've described. But just in case, here is the whole code of the unFold\Chrome\Transparent\Chrome.ini skin, which slides the icon left:
Yeah, i have copied the exact same code, and the above is the results.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Jason wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:41 am Hi as you can see, it is not consistent. Mouse hover from bottom to top
ChromeGif.gif

Mouse hover from top to bottom.
ChromeGifv2.gif

Mouse hover from left to right.
ChromeGifv3.gif

Yeah, i have copied the exact same code, and the above is the results.
Thanks
You need to have a solid background, it can be 0,0,0,1 which is invisible but "solid" if you like, so the mouse detection is not just based on the pixels of the icon and text. As the meter is sliding, your mouse is on-again, off-again and the ActionTimer is being given pretty schizophrenic instructions. I have not looked at your code, but I would recommend putting the mouse actions on the panel that is sliding in and out, not the contents of the panel.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: May 16th, 2020, 10:15 am You need to have a solid background, it can be 0,0,0,1 which is invisible but "solid" if you like, so the mouse detection is not just based on the pixels of the icon and text. As the meter is sliding, your mouse is on-again, off-again and the ActionTimer is being given pretty schizophrenic instructions. I have not looked at your code, but I would recommend putting the mouse actions on the panel that is sliding in and out, not the contents of the panel.
All those skins have a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option, but those are added to the [Rainmeter] section.
Jason wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:41 am Hi as you can see, it is not consistent.
Maybe try to add the same SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to the [IconStyle] section and try it again. Did this help?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Just based on what I see in the .gif animation you posted, it looks to me like you have distinct mouse actions on the "icon" image meter, and the "text" string meter. They are separated by some empty space. So when the mouse is "between" them, the mouse says "Ok, I'm off, let's fire the mouse off event." It's not going to help to put SolidColor on those two meters. There is empty space between them, and they will move on and off of where you have the mouse.

What I think you need is some meter, either an Image meter just using W / H and SolidColor=0,0,0,1 or a Shape meter using Fill Color=0,0,0,1 that can act as a "solid" background for both of those meters you are sliding. Then just put the "over/off" mouse actions on that meter, and not on the others. Feel free to put any LeftMouseDown actions, the one that actually executes what you want to execute on either or both of the image or string meters if you prefer, but to be honest I'd probably put that on the "background" meter as well.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Something like this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
SkinWidth=250

[Variables]
U=[!UpdateMeasure *][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
W=10
Container1X=190

[MeterContainer1]
Meter=Shape
X=#Container1X#
Y=0
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,250,55 | StrokeWidth 0
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterBackground1]
Meter=Shape
X=0
Y=0
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,250,55 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill Color 0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 1"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 2"]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!Log "Executed Google Chrome command"]
Container=MeterContainer1

[MeterIcon1]
Meter=Image
ImagePath=#@#Images\
ImageName=Chrome.png
X=5
Y=5
W=45
H=45

[MeterText1]
Meter=String
X=30R
Y=9r
FontSize=17
FontWeight=400
FontColor=0,174,15,255
AntiAlias=1
Text=Google Chrome

[MeasureSlide1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat Left,#W#,20
Left=[!SetVariable Container1X "(Clamp(#Container1X#-10,0,190))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Right,#W#,20
Right=[!SetVariable Container1X "(Clamp(#Container1X#+10,0,190))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1

test1.gif

I'm just using Container to simplify things just a bit, so I don't have to have dynamic values for X on all the meters, just the "container" meter. So I just move the container, and all the other meters come along for the ride.

Chrome.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: May 16th, 2020, 4:25 pm Just based on what I see in the .gif animation you posted, it looks to me like you have distinct mouse actions on the "icon" image meter, and the "text" string meter. They are separated by some empty space. So when the mouse is "between" them, the mouse says "Ok, I'm off, let's fire the mouse off event." It's not going to help to put SolidColor on those two meters. There is empty space between them, and they will move on and off of where you have the mouse.

What I think you need is some meter, either an Image meter just using W / H and SolidColor=0,0,0,1 or a Shape meter using Fill Color=0,0,0,1 that can act as a "solid" background for both of those meters you are sliding. Then just put the "over/off" mouse actions on that meter, and not on the others. Feel free to put any LeftMouseDown actions, the one that actually executes what you want to execute on either or both of the image or string meters if you prefer, but to be honest I'd probably put that on the "background" meter as well.
In fact this makes sense and might be true, however it's not what I posted. There really are two Image meters, [Chrome] and [ChromeName], both got by cropping two disting parts of the same image. But the positions of these meters are set to X=(-#X1#) for the first (the left) one (in this case [Chrome]) and to X=0R for the second (the right) one ([ChromeName]). This means there is no space between them and before I posted the code, gave it a try. Perfectly worked (works). So either there something has been modified, or I have no idea.

So Jason, please post the incriminated code exactly as you have it now on the skin which gives the issue.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I guess I just don't see the need to use a MeterStyle and have the mouse over/leave actions be on both meters. I prefer having a background meter of some kind, even an invisible one, and have the mouse actions be on that.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: May 16th, 2020, 6:06 pm I guess I just don't see the need to use a MeterStyle and have the mouse over/leave actions be on both meters. I prefer having a background meter of some kind, even an invisible one, and have the mouse actions be on that.
As usually there are more solutions of the same problem. Initially there has been one single Image meter, with the text on left and the icon on right (the text has been on the image, not as a String meter). On that skin, this meter slid to right.
The ask was how could this be done to slide to left and because I thought would be much better to have the icon and the name in reverse order (with the icon on left and the name on right), to get a similar behavior as initially, I cropped this image on two distinct Image meters. The first one (placed on left) has the text, while the second one (on right) has the icon. In my code there is no space between them and this is reflected on how they are behaving when I'm hovering the mouse over them (in fact over any of these adiacent meters). Obviously it can be done even with one single meter, however as I posted my code, there are no such issues for me: as said the (two) icons are sliding out when I'm hovering the mouse over any of them and are sliding back when I'm leaving both of them.
Me personally don't see anything wrong with this approach, same as see nothing wrong nor with your approach. Both are working well. Believe me I tried out my code before posted it, so can say it does work and I don't have that described issue.
That's it...
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 16th, 2020, 11:58 am All those skins have a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option, but those are added to the [Rainmeter] section.

Maybe try to add the same SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to the [IconStyle] section and try it again. Did this help?
Hi, i tried, but the bug is still there.
Jason

Post by Jason »

jsmorley wrote: May 16th, 2020, 5:09 pm Something like this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
SkinWidth=250

[Variables]
W=10
Container1X=190

[MeterContainer1]
Meter=Shape
X=#Container1X#
Y=0
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterBackground1]
Meter=Shape
X=0
Y=0
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 1"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide1 "Execute 2"]

[MeterIcon1]
Meter=Image
ImagePath=#@#Images\
ImageName=Chrome.png
X=5
Y=5
W=45
H=45

[MeterText1]
Meter=String
X=30R
Y=9r
FontSize=17
FontWeight=400
FontColor=0,174,15,255
AntiAlias=1
Text=Google Chrome

[MeasureSlide1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat Left,#W#,20
ActionList2=Repeat Right,#W#,20
DynamicVariables=1

test1.gif

I'm just using Container to simplify things just a bit, so I don't have to have dynamic values for X on all the meters, just the "container" meter. So I just move the container, and all the other meters come along for the ride.

Chrome.png
Hi, tested the code, and it look like this.
ChromeGifv4.gif
Below are the code for the gif
  • Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
    Update=1000
    DynamicWindowSize=1
    AccurateText=1
    SkinWidth=250

[Variables]
    W=10
    Container1X=190

[MeterContainer1]
    Meter=Shape
    X=#Container1X#
    Y=0
    DynamicVariables=1

[MeterBackground1]
    Meter=Shape
    X=0
    Y=0

[MeterIcon1]
    Meter=Image
    ImagePath=#@#Buttons\Transparent\
    ImageName=Chrome.png
    X=5
    Y=5
    W=45
    H=45

[MeterText1]
    Meter=String
    X=30R
    Y=9r
    FontSize=17
    FontWeight=400
    FontColor=0,174,15,255
    AntiAlias=1
    Text=Google Chrome

[MeasureSlide1]
    Measure=Plugin
    Plugin=ActionTimer
    ActionList1=Repeat Left,#W#,26
    ActionList2=Repeat Right,#W#,26
    DynamicVariables=1