It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:01 pm

New to Rainmeter - Help Please

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ck75253

New to Rainmeter - Help Please

Post by ck75253 »

Hey folks,

I'm new to the whole rainmeter thing and how to customize a windows 10 desktop. I have downloaded the application and have installed a couple of skins and it was working perfectly. Then a Weather widget stopped working and I tried to find a new one and now I can't get the Rainmeter app to even launch. I also installed Object Dock to change up my Launcher so I've disabled the windows Task bar. The only way to get to Rainmeter is to enable the task bar and select the Rainmeter ICON in the System tray. If I don't have the system tray I can't get to the Rainmeter app. If I create a shortcut to the app or even go into the file location on the C Drive it just will not launch. Any ideas as to why the App will not launch?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New to Rainmeter - Help Please

Post by balala »

ck75253 wrote: May 14th, 2020, 4:09 pm I'm new to the whole rainmeter thing and how to customize a windows 10 desktop. I have downloaded the application and have installed a couple of skins and it was working perfectly. Then a Weather widget stopped working and I tried to find a new one and now I can't get the Rainmeter app to even launch. I also installed Object Dock to change up my Launcher so I've disabled the windows Task bar. The only way to get to Rainmeter is to enable the task bar and select the Rainmeter ICON in the System tray. If I don't have the system tray I can't get to the Rainmeter app. If I create a shortcut to the app or even go into the file location on the C Drive it just will not launch. Any ideas as to why the App will not launch?
Are you sure it is not launched? I mean that if you have the Rainmeter icon in the tray, it probably is running, but maybe you have no loaded skins. To check click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and in the Manage Rainmeter window, click the Active skins button. This shows a list with the loaded skins. Are there such skins?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

One way to access Rainmeter through your dock would be to create a new dock item and link it to a shortcut that launches Rainmeter's !Manage widow.

For standard installations of Rainmeter the shortcut target should be:
"C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !Manage

For portable installations, point to your installation folder,
ex: "D:\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !Manage

When you click on your new dock item, it will open Rainmeter's Manage dialog window, where you can control installed skins, layouts, etc.
ck75253

Post by ck75253 »

This is great info! I will check and see if that is my problem. I did have loaded skins earlier, but uninstalled RM and reinstalled and maybe I uninstalled all the skins at the same time.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ck75253 wrote: May 14th, 2020, 8:51 pm This is great info! I will check and see if that is my problem. I did have loaded skins earlier, but uninstalled RM and reinstalled and maybe I uninstalled all the skins at the same time.
Ok, let us know please what has happened.