It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:03 am

Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Get folder appear when hovering on right side of my screen

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 14th, 2020, 8:39 am Hi, the code works but, when i hover my mouse over to it, it dint slide out, it keep on jerking left and right.
Damn, still confusing about the code, although you explained, but i still cant get the thing around it...
I would like the transparent chrome to be modify ya, and i think since the code is quite complicated, would you mind telling me which part need to change ? so that i can modify the other application to appear at the right side of the screen.
To modify the transparent Chrome, do what I did in the white Chrome (if you're comparing the original code with mine, you'll see the differences):
  • Add the following option to the [Rainmeter] section: SkinWidth=200 (Take care not to remove or modify the already existing options).
  • Optionally, if you want to move the skin to the right side of the screen, to get it sliding out from there, add the following OnRefreshAction option to the [Rainmeter] section: OnRefreshAction=[!Move "(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-200)" "#CURRENTCONFIGY#"]. As said, if you wanna move the skin manually, this option doesn't have to be added (this is up to you).
  • Add the following [IconStyle] section to the code:

Code: Select all

[IconStyle]
    Group=Items
    ImageName=#@#Buttons\Transparent\Chrome.png
    H=50
    DynamicVariables=1
    MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
    MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]
    LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "150"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
    LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "255"]["Chrome.exe"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
    RightMouseDownAction=[!Update]
  • And finally replace the existing [Chrome] option with the following two:

[Chrome]
    Meter=Image
    MeterStyle=IconStyle
    X=(-#X1#)
    ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
    Meter=Image
    MeterStyle=IconStyle
    X=0R
    Y=0r
    ImageCrop=0,0,600,200
That's all. Hope you get it working. Please let me know if and how do you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 14th, 2020, 8:58 am In the Manage Rainmeter window, under Transparent -> Chrome.ini file, The coordiantes i set to x-axis 1316, y-axis 330. And it moved to the right, but that's a bug where i hover my mouse into the chrome icon, it will slide to the right. ( I think because the code is meant for it to be place left side of the laptop screen, not right side ). So was wondering whether is it possible to change when hover on the the chrome icon, it will slide left side <<
The original code slid right:
GIFEredeti.gif
But the code I posted, slides left:
GIF.gif
Aren't they?
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 14th, 2020, 9:45 am The original code slid right:
GIFEredeti.gif
But the code I posted, slides left:
GIF.gif
Aren't they?
Hi, how do you edit the gif picture ???
cause my chrome experiencing some issue when mouse is hover on it
  1. the chrome icon is like electrify and dint slide out
  • the chrome icon refuse to come out
  • the chrome moved out and instantly going back, when my mouse is still on the icon
Thanks
Jason

Post by Jason »

balala wrote: May 14th, 2020, 9:40 am To modify the transparent Chrome, do what I did in the white Chrome (if you're comparing the original code with mine, you'll see the differences):
  • Add the following option to the [Rainmeter] section: SkinWidth=200 (Take care not to remove or modify the already existing options).
  • Optionally, if you want to move the skin to the right side of the screen, to get it sliding out from there, add the following OnRefreshAction option to the [Rainmeter] section: OnRefreshAction=[!Move "(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-200)" "#CURRENTCONFIGY#"]. As said, if you wanna move the skin manually, this option doesn't have to be added (this is up to you).
  • Add the following [IconStyle] section to the code:

[IconStyle]
    Group=Items
    H=50
    DynamicVariables=1
    MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 2"]
    MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure MeasureSlide "Execute 1"]
    LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "150"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
    LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOptionGroup Items ImageAlpha "255"]["Chrome.exe"][!UpdateMeterGroup "Items"][!Redraw]
  • And finally replace the existing [Chrome] option with the following two:

[Chrome]
    Meter=Image
    MeterStyle=IconStyle
    X=(-#X1#)
    ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
    Meter=Image
    MeterStyle=IconStyle
    X=0R
    Y=0r
    ImageCrop=0,0,600,200
That's all. Hope you get it working. Please let me know if and how do you.
Hi, how do you change the position of the chrome sliding left ??
The code that, chrome that is sliding right, i need to manually change the y-axis of the icon...
How to code the position though ?

Thank You
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:35 am Hi, how do you edit the gif picture ???
Do you ask how do I edit it, or how do I create it? If the second one, I'm using GifCam, but there are plenty of similar application to create such animated gifs. Just google the web a little bit to find another, if for any reason you don't like GifCam. However GifCam has the advantage of being a portable application, which means it doesn't have to be installed, just run directly when you download it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:31 pm Do you ask how do I edit it, or how do I create it? If the second one, I'm using GifCam, but there are plenty of similar application to create such animated gifs. Just google the web a little bit to find another, if for any reason you don't like GifCam. However GifCam has the advantage of being a portable application, which means it doesn't have to be installed, just run directly when you download it.
For what it is worth, I have switched to https://www.screentogif.com/, which I find to be a tad more powerful.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jason wrote: May 15th, 2020, 10:44 am Hi, how do you change the position of the chrome sliding left ??
The code that, chrome that is sliding right, i need to manually change the y-axis of the icon...
How to code the position though ?
No, you don't have to edit anything, just have to apply the operations I've described. But just in case, here is the whole code of the unFold\Chrome\Transparent\Chrome.ini skin, which slides the icon left:

GIF.gif

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
SkinWidth=200

[Metadata]
Name=unFold
Author=DevilRev

[Variables]
X1=-150
U=[!UpdateMeasureGroup Sliders][!UpdateMeterGroup Items][!Redraw]

[IconStyle]
Group=Items
H=50
DynamicVariables=1

[Chrome]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=(-#X1#)
ImageCrop=600,0,200,200

[ChromeName]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=IconStyle
X=0R
Y=0r
ImageCrop=0,0,600,200

[MeasureSlide]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat Left,5,30
Left=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp(#X1#-5,-150,0))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Right,5,30
Right=[!SetVariable X1 "(Clamp(#X1#+5,-150,0))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1
Does this work for you now?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:36 pm For what it is worth, I have switched to https://www.screentogif.com/, which I find to be a tad more powerful.
Well, me personally don't yet know this, but probably it is good as well. Question is (I didn't try it yet) if it is a portable application, or has to be installed?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:44 pm Well, me personally don't yet know this, but probably it is good as well. Question is (I didn't try it yet) if it is a portable application, or has to be installed?
It has both.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: May 15th, 2020, 3:55 pmIt has both.
Alright, thank you for the tip. I'm gonna try this as well, let's see what it does.