It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:32 am

Gadgets 7.6.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 5.3.1 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

Glad you like the Gadgets!
Kaboloy wrote: May 12th, 2020, 12:50 am 1.) Is this normal that the CPU usage on my Windows 7 everytime between 8 and 15% (Pentium DualCore G3258, 2977 MHz) while Rainmeter is working? Could this be a problem with Rainmeter or with your plugin? (I have All CPU Meter, Network Meter and Drives Meter on my desktop)
You know what I can configure to save CPU-power? This is my only problem on Windows Seven.
That's a pretty old CPU: dual core, single threaded. On a modern CPU, the Gadgets you mention should take ~1% CPU at worst. To minimize the CPU usage, I'd try the following: use Rainmeter's option to "use hardware acceleration" if possible (Manage > Settings); don't use any third-party utilities to monitor hardware (CoreTemp, HWiNFO, etc.) and turn off the option to monitor temperatures in the CPU Meter; for the Drives Meter, uncheck every drive that you do not have so that the gadget is watching the fewest number of drive letters (this will be a big performance boost); for the Network Meter, use the non-Pro variant of the gadget and do not install the NetMonitor service (or uninstall if you've installed it -- it is one less thing for your PC to do).
Kaboloy wrote: May 12th, 2020, 12:50 am 2.) On my Windows 10 PC I work with a non admin account. The Network Meter displays no data. I went to the admin account and set the network adapter on my active adapter (I read it on the Rainmeter debug log). But when I start it on my user account it displays nothing. Only if I run it as administrator shows me the download and the upload graph. What can I do so that it runs with my user account?
You mention that you are using a "non-admin account". Do you mean that your user ID is not a member of the Administrators group on your PC? You should not need to run Rainmeter with elevated permissions (i.e., UAC turned off), but that is different than not being an admin. At a command prompt, enter the following:
net localgroup "Administrators"
Is your logon name shown in the list of members of this group?

Are you using the Pro or non-Pro variant of the Network Meter? Try the non-Pro variant first, to make sure you can see some activity. This uses plain Rainmeter features, nothing fancy. If you don't see any activity, try the Illustro Network skin that comes with Rainmeter to see if that is showing any activity; that skin is even more basic. Let me know how it goes...
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Kaboloy

Post by Kaboloy »

First, a big thanks for your suggestions!
Yes, it's an older CPU but for my office PC its just fine (it runs actually undervolted in the BIOS).
But I must say, non of your tips helped to get the CPU usage down.
I already used "hardware acceleration" and no third party utilities etc. in the CPU Meter. The Network Meter is also the non Pro variant and no NetMonitor service is installed. In Drives Meter I h have now deaktivated the unused drives.
I realized that the CPU usage is now unchanged or even now a bit higher as before :-( (17-38% with Rainmeter / 1-3% without Rainmeter)

Ok, on my Widows 10 PC (with faster CPU :-) )
I have tried the following:
net localgroup "Administrators"
shows me the info that I'm not on this group.
(I had create after Windows installation a new admin-account for administration ;-)
Then I have transferred my account to an user-account and installed Rainmeter and configured it via the new admin account.)
And now I see... I'm an complete idiot :lol:
The Network Meter has been installed with activate Pro-variant in the settings :-(
I have not notice that! Now I'm click on the "Network Meter.ini" and... it works! :thumbup:
Maybe it should be during the first installation of the skin activate the non-Pro Network Meter version?

Thank YOU!!!
Your effort was not useless!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Kaboloy wrote: May 13th, 2020, 7:23 pm Maybe it should be during the first installation of the skin activate the non-Pro Network Meter version?
Yes, I will check on that! Thanks for the info!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

All Gadgets are moving to GitHub as the primary download source. DeviantArt will still be supported.

Get the latest version from GitHub
Last edited by SilverAzide on August 1st, 2020, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
skeezmoe

Post by skeezmoe »

Weather gadget seems broken again. Just stays in status "connecting..."
skeezmoe

Post by skeezmoe »

dvo wrote: May 27th, 2020, 9:20 am just clean your temp / cache of your IE and refresh your skin a few times or restart rm again,after that and it will comeback...
I don't think that is the issue. I dug some more in the rainmeter logs and saw this:

Code: Select all

Invalid TimeStampFormat: %Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S (Gadgets\Weather Meter\Weather Meter (Small).ini - [@CurrentObservationTime])
I did not make any modifications to the Gadget or Rainmeter. I am in Australia so that would use a different date/time format.
skeezmoe

Post by skeezmoe »

dvo wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:11 am that's the same issue as by the others ..try it ... :welcome:

and update your version yesterday he was fixing it.... a few posts up you will find it...
I am on 5.3.1
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

skeezmoe wrote: May 27th, 2020, 10:21 am I am on 5.3.1
Yes, I have the same issue with Gadgets weather. All my other weather skins are working after clearing my cache and cookies, but something else is going on with Gadgets weather skins. :???:
xenium

Post by xenium »

It works for me
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Works for me...

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.