It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:03 pm

Dual Monitor Issue

General topics related to Rainmeter.
j.daddy

Dual Monitor Issue

Post by j.daddy »

I have a monitor and a TV connected to my PC. My TV is turned off most of the time. The problem I'm having is that the skins I place on my TV (2nd monitor) jumps back to my primary monitor when I switch if off. Is there a way to prevent this, and keep the skins on my TV hidden when TV is off?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Dual Monitor Issue

Post by Yincognito »

j.daddy wrote: May 10th, 2020, 11:27 am I have a monitor and a TV connected to my PC. My TV is turned off most of the time. The problem I'm having is that the skins I place on my TV (2nd monitor) jumps back to my primary monitor when I switch if off. Is there a way to prevent this, and keep the skins on my TV hidden when TV is off?
You can tweak on which monitor to display a skin in the Manage Rainmeter window (Display Monitor option), but I doubt that it's possible to choose a monitor from the dropdown when that said monitor is off. It would be like trying to run something from a flash drive that's not connected - it's illogical to happen.

That being said, you can always try. I'd be suprised if you could, but you never know for sure until you make the attempt.
DanDaBear

Post by DanDaBear »

The only way I can think of is to use layouts.
Have one layout for the monitor and TV and another for just the monitor.
Then switch to the Monitor only layout before you turn off the TV.
j.daddy

Post by j.daddy »

i solved it by disabling draggable option. skins now stay hidden when dispaly is off. thanks