It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:35 am

Is there any way to just put a bunch of tiny icons in a widget?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
BackBush

Is there any way to just put a bunch of tiny icons in a widget?

Post by BackBush »

So, my desktop is really messy with a bunch of icons. I'd really like to keep the ones I easily recognize (like games) in a neat little widget.

Is there anything out there like that?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Is there any way to just put a bunch of tiny icons in a widget?

Post by eclectic-tech »

BackBush wrote: May 7th, 2020, 11:28 pm So, my desktop is really messy with a bunch of icons. I'd really like to keep the ones I easily recognize (like games) in a neat little widget.

Is there anything out there like that?
FolderView may help; put all your game shortcuts in a folder and set this skin to that path to display them on your desktop.
Shameless self-promotion! :oops:
BackBush

Post by BackBush »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 7th, 2020, 11:40 pm FolderView may help; put all your game shortcuts in a folder and set this skin to that path to display them on your desktop.
Shameless self-promotion! :oops:
Nice. I'm using it and I gotta ask, how is this different from browsing all the way to the desired place? I can do that by double clicking My Computer.

Is there any way to add a specific folder and keep it there?

Edit: I just saw the "Double-click to navigate folders for display or middle-click Title Bar to manually enter your folder path." part and nothing happens when I do that.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

BackBush wrote: May 8th, 2020, 12:04 am Nice. I'm using it and I gotta ask, how is this different from browsing all the way to the desired place? I can do that by double clicking My Computer.

Is there any way to add a specific folder and keep it there?

Edit: I just saw the "Double-click to navigate folders for display or middle-click Title Bar to manually enter your folder path." part and nothing happens when I do that.
The skin does offer the same navigation options as "My Computer" and let's you scroll through any folder eight items at a time. It can also be set to disable navigation above the current folder tree, so you can only access the current folder and sub-folders.

Well, you are right about inputting your path... something has changed regarding that and I am looking into it.

In the meantime, it is possible to select one of the preset folders and navigate to your desired folder. With your desired folder showing you can disable navigation, and set the title bar option display by a right-click on the skin.

Select "Custom skin actions", "Folder Title Bar" and right-click again, select "Custom skin actions", "Toggle Show Previous Folder".

From then on, the folder you chose will appear every time you load the skin.
You can access all items in that folder and sub-folders, but can not navigate beyond that.

I will investigate the input error and post an update when resolved.

EDIT:
To correct the path input, replace "Command1=..." in [MeasureUserInput] section of both skin variants with this:

Code: Select all

Command1=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Path "$UserInput$" "#CurrentPath#Variables.inc"][!WriteKeyValue Variables "CustomTitle" "0" "#CurrentPath#Variables.inc"][!Refresh]
I will post an updated package tomorrow.