It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:24 am

.WAV File Sound Plays Windows Error Sound Instead.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Gear2ndGandalf

.WAV File Sound Plays Windows Error Sound Instead.

Post by Gear2ndGandalf »

I'm running rainmeter 4.4 Beta Release - r3349 and I can't get my .wav sound file to work. My issue is when I hover over the shape it plays the default Windows 10 error sound instead of the sound file. I made sure the .wav format was correct by converting the file online and running it through windows media player. Before conversion the .wav file was not recognized by windows media player. The uploader of the file ripped it from an original Xbox and stated the files were in "raw" + ".wav" format (whatever this means). Though I converted it nonetheless to be sure and WMP now recognizes the sound file.
[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[Metadata]
Name=UnleashX
Author=Gear2ndGandalf
Information=Launches task manager.
Version=1.0
License=Creative Commons Attribution - Non - Commercial - Share Alike 3.0

[Variables]
; Variables declared here can be used later on between two # characters (e.g. #MyVariable#).
HoverSound=#@#Sounds\Global Keyboard Stroke 2.wav
Normal=Ellipse 50,50,5 | Fill Color 255,255,255,255 | StrokeWidth 3 | Stroke Color 255,255,255,100
Hover=Ellipse 50,50,12 | Fill Color 255,255,255,255 | StrokeWidth 3 | Stroke Color 255,255,255,100

[MeterShape]
Meter=Shape
Shape=#Normal#
X=0
Y=0
MouseOverAction=[Play "HoverSound"] [!SetOption MeterShape Shape "#Hover#"][!UpdateMeter MeterShape][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption MeterShape Shape "#Normal#"][!UpdateMeter MeterShape][!Redraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=["taskmgr.exe"]
I assume the sound file is supposed to be stored in a new folder named "Sounds" or "@Sounds" and NOT stored in the "@Resources" folder? How can I get this to work?
mak_kawa

Re: .WAV File Sound Plays Windows Error Sound Instead.

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi Gear2ndGandalf

I suppose, [Play "#HoverSound#"] instead of [Play "HoverSound"].
Gear2ndGandalf

Post by Gear2ndGandalf »

No luck. I'm trying to use native Windows .wav files with no luck either.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Is the sound file "Global Keyboard Stroke 2.wav" certainly in @Resources\Sounds folder?

What if you specify sound file path directly as [Play "Global Keyboard Stroke 2.wav"] and copy the above wav file to the skin folder?
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

FYI, following code works well for me.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[Variables]
HoverSound=#@#Sounds\chime test.wav
Normal=Ellipse 50,50,5 | Fill Color 255,255,255,255 | StrokeWidth 3 | Stroke Color 255,255,255,100
Hover=Ellipse 50,50,12 | Fill Color 255,255,255,255 | StrokeWidth 3 | Stroke Color 255,255,255,100

[MeterShape]
Meter=Shape
Shape=#Normal#
X=0
Y=0
MouseOverAction=[Play "#HoverSound#"] [!SetOption MeterShape Shape "#Hover#"][!UpdateMeter MeterShape][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption MeterShape Shape "#Normal#"][!UpdateMeter MeterShape][!Redraw]
Gear2ndGandalf

Post by Gear2ndGandalf »

mak_kawa wrote: May 7th, 2020, 1:21 am Is the sound file "Global Keyboard Stroke 2.wav" certainly in @Resources\Sounds folder?

What if you specify sound file path directly as [Play "Global Keyboard Stroke 2.wav"] and copy the above wav file to the skin folder?
Thanks buddy that did the trick. Appears the sound file needs to be in the same folder as the ini file that's using it. I had no idea.

Problem resolved! You are a godsend thank you!
Gear2ndGandalf

Post by Gear2ndGandalf »

mak_kawa wrote: May 7th, 2020, 1:27 am FYI, following code works well for me.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[Variables]
HoverSound=#@#Sounds\chime test.wav

[MeterShape]
Meter=Shape
Shape=#Normal#
X=0
Y=0
MouseOverAction=[Play "#HoverSound#"] [!SetOption MeterShape Shape "#Hover#"][!UpdateMeter MeterShape][!Redraw]
How does your Windows file hierarchy look regarding the location of the @Sounds folder. Because I had tried it the typical way most people do, but to no avail. Putting the sound file in the same folder as you suggested worked.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

The built-in path variable "#@#" is resolved to "#SKINSPATH#(Current Skin Path)\@Resources\", that is, in default, to "C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\(Current Skin Path)\@Resources\"

So, your sound file has to be located in C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\(Your Skin Path)\@Resources\Sounds\ if you didn't change SkinPath= setting in Rainmeter.ini.

For example, #@# of illustro skin is C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\illustro\@Resources\.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gear2ndGandalf wrote: May 7th, 2020, 1:29 am Appears the sound file needs to be in the same folder as the ini file that's using it. I had no idea.
Not necessarily. You have to specify the path of the file, but this file doesn't have to be in any specific folder. For instance your file used into the initial post (HoverSound=#@#Sounds\Global Keyboard Stroke 2.wav) can be used as #HoverSound#, although it isn't in the same folder as the .ini skin file (for sure). But if you move / copy that file into the e:\Temp folder (just an example), it also can be played with [Play "e:\Temp\Global Keyboard Stroke 2.wav"].