It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:44 am

Can I load multiple skins at once?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ffrrgt

Can I load multiple skins at once?

Post by ffrrgt »

So I've downloaded Honeycomb and would like to load multiple skins at once, instead of clicking through and loading each skin individually. Is there a way to do this? I know we can load layouts, but that would require me to load all required skins first, and then save it as a layout. Preferably there'd be a checkbox-style selection menu to indicate which skins inside the Honeycomb root folder should be loaded.
Not a big deal if this isn't possible, but I'm curious.

Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Can I load multiple skins at once?

Post by jsmorley »

No, there is no such feature.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can I load multiple skins at once?

Post by Yincognito »

ffrrgt wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 9:50 pm So I've downloaded Honeycomb and would like to load multiple skins at once, instead of clicking through and loading each skin individually. Is there a way to do this? I know we can load layouts, but that would require me to load all required skins first, and then save it as a layout. Preferably there'd be a checkbox-style selection menu to indicate which skins inside the Honeycomb root folder should be loaded.
Not a big deal if this isn't possible, but I'm curious.

Thanks!
Automatically or through a checkbox in the Manage Rainmeter window or the context menu, no, it isn't possible. That being said, apart from Layouts, you can add the desired skins to a group, and then instead of loading them one by one, load the said group. It will require that you make some small changes to either the skins' code or to Rainmeter.ini and of course add a "button" or something to trigger the action (if there isn't one already, that is), but it is possible, by completing additional steps.