It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:24 am

New Shape Meter

Changes made during the Rainmeter 4.0 beta cycle.
fonpaolo

Re: New Shape Meter

Post by fonpaolo »

Oh, I think I'm very close to winning the Nobel Prize for cold fusion...
Well, maybe not so cold, since my brain is very close to the melting point, after two days in which I spent all my free time trying to understand why they aren't positioned correctly. :headbang:

Now I just have to fix half a million of Shape meters. O.O
But looking at the glass half full, luckily I started by trying only with a "small part". ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: Sorry Yincognito, you beat me. As usually, again...
fonpaolo wrote: April 18th, 2020, 6:20 pm Since we're talking about Shape meter, to correctly position an ellipse, using x and y values of an image the reference is top left, is it the same with Shape?
Note an important particularity of the Shape meter: it can be "placed" in two different ways:
  • by the X and Y options of the meter itself, or
  • by the first two parameter of the Shape option.

Code: Select all

[MeterEllipse]
Meter=Shape
X=0
Y=0
; The above options (X and Y)
Shape=Ellipse 10,20,10 | Extend MyModifiers1
; The first two parameters (10 and 20) of the above Shape option
MyModifiers1=Fill Color 191,237,239 | StrokeWidth 2 | Stroke Color 46,115,31,255
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:24 pmEDIT: Sorry Yincognito, you beat me. As usually, again...
So does this mean your last posted method won't work? I know it works for rectangles (of course, only from a visual point of view, as no matter how much you move the rectangle in the meter, the meter coordinates stay the same if not modified), how about ellipses?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:33 pm So does this mean your last posted method won't work? I know it works for rectangles (of course, only from a visual point of view, as no matter how much you move the rectangle in the meter, the meter coordinates stay the same if not modified), how about ellipses?
But yes, it works. Try it out.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:40 pm But yes, it works. Try it out.
Ok, so if it works, it doesn't matter if "I beat you" by posting sooner, as you are correct and I missed mentioning the detail you talked about (even though I knew about it). Right? :D
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I was probably doing something wrong... due to or caused by the melt down... but the better way is to use x and y like any other meter.

For the record, I'm using a formula.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

fonpaolo wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:45 pm I was probably doing something wrong... due to or caused by the melt down... but the better way is to use x and y like any other meter.

For the record, I'm using a formula.
Yeah, I also like to use X and Y to position shapes, rather than modifying the shape's parameters. It feels clearer that way.
If you're using a formula, can't you do some regex replace in Notepad++ if you need to modify lots of options? If it's still the case, that is...
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

It's already done. ;-)

The "problem" I have is that the size of the Shape (or better to say diameter since it's a circle) changes dynamically depending on... another formula! :sly:
...so I prefer to move it in the "old way". ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:45 pm but the better way is to use x and y like any other meter.
Yincognito wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:50 pm Yeah, I also like to use X and Y to position shapes, rather than modifying the shape's parameters. It feels clearer that way.
Which one is better to be used, depends on many. Different cases, different approaches.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Another... couple of little questions:
Is it possible to use a single Shape meter many times?
To be clear, I want to use the same Shape meter and "move it around", so, the pointer on a shape will make it appear, like a tooltip and moving the pointer to another shape it will appear there.

Last but not least, is it possible to switch it from left to right and vice versa?
In this case, if the Shape is close to the right border of the skin, that "kind of tooltip" will move to the left.