It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:53 pm

Rainmeter wont run in admin mode unless tried several times?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Mor3bane

Rainmeter wont run in admin mode unless tried several times?

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi, So after some new windows pc changes (i7 to i9 and win10 home to pro), rainmeter now requires several tries to run in administrator mode.

This is really annoying as it can take up to 5 tries before it will run correctly.

The tray icon always appears but is unresponsive.

Is this a known issue? What can I try to change this, please?

Thanks.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
fonpaolo

Re: Rainmeter wont run in admin mode unless tried several times?

Post by fonpaolo »

Just out of curiosity, why do you run it in administrator mode?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: April 17th, 2020, 9:12 pm Hi, So after some new windows pc changes (i7 to i9 and win10 home to pro), rainmeter now requires several tries to run in administrator mode.

This is really annoying as it can take up to 5 tries before it will run correctly.
No, I don't have such problems. For me it running as administrator by first try.
But I'm not sure what you mean by "after some new windows pc changes (i7 to i9 and win10 home to pro)". Have you changed your computer or got some Windows updates?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote: April 18th, 2020, 6:33 am ...But I'm not sure what you mean by "after some new windows pc changes (i7 to i9 and win10 home to pro)". Have you changed your computer or got some Windows updates?
Oh well, given the kind of "updates" Mor3bane has had, if Microsoft could do it with my computer, I would try to be more accommodating with them and I would be happy to accept anything! 8-)
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Well, if it seems I am being cryptic?

It seems most replies I get in these forums tend to be cryptic, and ask more questions than answer them.

Did I offend someone at some stage, so am being sidelined with nearly silly remarks about my communication?

My processor and whole pc are new the intel i7 i had is now an intel i9.

My windows 10 home edition is now windows 10 professional.

Apologies for seemingly common acronyms or abbreviations.

And fonpaolo - I am happy that it even works at all! Just trying to iron out the creases or tweak things endlessly more perfectly - since perfection is impossible - but probable - to awkwardly quote Spock from Star Trek movies.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: April 18th, 2020, 6:01 pm Did I offend someone at some stage, so am being sidelined with nearly silly remarks about my communication?
No, you didn't offend no one. Just told you my case: I can easily run Rainmeter as administrator, from first try. No offend, nothing. But this is the situation.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Mor3bane wrote: April 18th, 2020, 6:01 pm ...
And fonpaolo - I am happy that it even works at all! Just trying to iron out the creases or tweak things endlessly more perfectly - since perfection is impossible - but probable - to awkwardly quote Spock from Star Trek movies.
Based on my long experiences on hardware and software transplants, I'm not really surprised that it works. ;-) :)
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: April 18th, 2020, 6:17 pm No, you didn't offend no one. Just told you my case: I can easily run Rainmeter as administrator, from first try. No offend, nothing. But this is the situation.
I was just hoping someone might have an understanding where by a work through might be applied or attempted in my case not that of others. However, in saying that, if no one can replicate the issue then how would they know how to fix it?

I only imagined one of the gurus/developers might have options.

Thanks for checking in on this though.
My DevArt Gallery

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:45 pm I was just hoping someone might have an understanding where by a work through might be applied or attempted in my case not that of others. However, in saying that, if no one can replicate the issue then how would they know how to fix it?
Sorry you had no luck enough, but as said, me personally have no such problems.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Well, my latest observation is that more time is needed to allow the new slightly larger windows load up completely. That and the different app structures and the order they load in.

Does anyone know if there is a windows based app that starts early enough to display what other apps are loading during the initial startup period?

Obviously I couldn't ask rainmeter to do it since it seems even though it was the second program i loaded into my new windows, it still seems to not want to load until everything is finished apparently.
My DevArt Gallery