It is currently April 18th, 2024, 2:50 pm

I think I'm needing Skin Bang? Need some help.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
peejaygee

I think I'm needing Skin Bang? Need some help.

Post by peejaygee »

Been using Rainmeter for a long time now, but I've got another need for it, two separate skins/setups for two separate environments, would like to start them from windows desktop shortcuts.

I'm using Elegant Reflections for one, I have time/date/cpu etc, all positioned on a monitor. I'm going to hunt for another skin and would only like the time on the screen (for a VR Overlay), but I'd like to have 'Elegant Reflections' start up from one shortcut when I'm doing one particular task, and then this other skin (yet to find/try) with another shortcut.

I appreciate Rainmeter would need to be shut down between switches, but I'd generally only have one skin a few days of the week, and the other, the other days, with machine restarts in between.

Is it at all possible with Rainmeter?

Thanks in advance.
PJ.
mak_kawa

Re: I think I'm needing Skin Bang? Need some help.

Post by mak_kawa »

Maybe I am misunderstanding...but just an idea.

How about to use !LoadLayout bang in the Windows shortcut command line such as "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "Your Saved Layout"?
Explanation is here. Of course, you have to make two layouts for each setting.
peejaygee

Re: I think I'm needing Skin Bang? Need some help.

Post by peejaygee »

mak_kawa wrote: April 8th, 2020, 12:17 am Maybe I am misunderstanding...but just an idea.

How about to use !LoadLayout bang in the Windows shortcut command line such as "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "Your Saved Layout"?
Explanation is here. Of course, you have to make two layouts for each setting.
Nope, you are ready my poor explanation correctly, that is what I'm needing two layouts I can call from a shortcut, that also means I can use the same theme, just a different layout for my needs.

I appreciate your time if explaining and linking for me, I'll be able to move forwards with this.

Thanks again.