It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:05 am

WeatherNow

Weather skins
Hackit

Re: WeatherNow

Post by Hackit »

ok tnx for the tip, not sure i'm up to starting all over again. who's kidding my ocd will compel me too. lol

is the weather now skin you made using all the json files?

i used the TWC as it was a sample working skin.
tnx
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right”

DeviantArt Profile
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hackit wrote: March 31st, 2020, 11:12 pm ok tnx for the tip, not sure i'm up to starting all over again. who's kidding my ocd will compel me too. lol

is the weather now skin you made using all the json files?

i used the TWC as it was a sample working skin.
tnx
WeatherNow does not use TWC for the data (HTML or JSON), it uses https://isitraining.in/ and only has current details.

I have re-coded a few popular weather skins and for those I use the JSON measures provided by JSMorley because they retrun more information and are less likely to fail if the website is changed.

If I design any new weather skins, I would definitely use JSON above the HTML, and probably before turning to alternates that require an API (Yahoo, DarkSky {soon to die}, etc).
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

tnx,
found the json sample from jsmorley.
just when i was thinking i was done with my skin....

DeviantArt Profile
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hackit wrote: March 31st, 2020, 11:47 pm tnx,
found the json sample from jsmorley.
just when i was thinking i was done with my skin....
Glad you found that info. JSMorley put a lot of work into it and saved us a lot of coding!

"... just when i was thinking i was done with my skin..."
Done?! :lol:

I find sometimes I just need to say "I'm Done" and move on to another skin project... otherwise, you may be tinkering with it forever! :Whistle
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

eclectic-tech wrote: April 1st, 2020, 12:30 am Glad you found that info. JSMorley put a lot of work into it and saved us a lot of coding!

I find sometimes I just need to say "I'm Done" and move on to another skin project... otherwise, you may be tinkering with it forever! :Whistle
yes he has if not for him i'm sure i would not be making skins.
i think your right, sometimes you just need to stop tinkering. lol

DeviantArt Profile
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

hi,
i could use a little help.
I'm trying to get some text too change color when i hover my mouse over it. i have searched and tried numerous suggestions and still my text does not change color.
here's my code

Code: Select all

[MeterCurrentTemperature]
Meter=String
Group=AllMeters
MeasureName=@CurrentTemperature
MeasureName2=@CurrentConditions
X=458
Y=110
W=220
H=26
InlineSetting=Face | Walkway Expand Black
InlineSetting2=Color | #CurrentTemp#
InlineSetting3=Size | 14
InlineSetting4=Weight | 300
InlineSetting5=Shadow | 2 | 2 | 3.5 | 10,10,10,200
InlineSetting6=Italic
StringAlign=Right
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
DynamicVariables=1
Text=%2, %1°
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption MeterCurrentTemperature FontColor 125,125,125][!ShowMeterGroup Details]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption MeterCurrentTemperature FontColor #CurrentTemp#][!HideMeterGroup Details]
Hidden=1

DeviantArt Profile
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hackit wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 11:32 am I'm trying to get some text too change color when i hover my mouse over it. i have searched and tried numerous suggestions and still my text does not change color.
Normally it doesn't update the color, because in the posted code not the color of the string is set to #CurrentTemp#, but its Color through the InlineSetting. These are not exactly the same thing. In order to get the color changed, replace the !SetOption bangs of the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options as it follows:

Code: Select all

[MeterCurrentTemperature]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption MeterCurrentTemperature InlineSetting2 "Color | 125,125,125"][!ShowMeterGroup Details][!UpdateMeter "MeterCurrentTemperature"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption MeterCurrentTemperature InlineSetting2 "Color | #CurrentTemp#"][!HideMeterGroup Details][!UpdateMeter "MeterCurrentTemperature"][!Redraw]
Note that beside rewriting the !SetOption bangs, I also added a [!UpdateMeter "MeterCurrentTemperature"] and a [!Redraw] to both options, in order to get it updated immediately when you're hovering the mouse over it, or leaving it.
And one more: whenever are you setting new values for different options, through !SetOption bangs, it is extremely welcomed to include these new values into quotes. On long term, this can avoid a lot of headache. Not mentioning that here, because the two values of the InlineSetting2 options have spaces, the quotes are absolutely needed. Some details here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26350&p=137607#p137628
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

thanks so much, it's always the obvious i miss, makes sense my color was inlinesetting not fontcolor.
the hours i waste reading and trying different things is mind blowing. but still fun. lol

DeviantArt Profile
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hackit wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 12:16 pm the hours i waste reading and trying different things is mind blowing. but still fun. lol
Definitely is! Glad if you got it working.
Hackit

Post by Hackit »

Hi Electric-tech, can i use the your moon measure inc file to add days tell full moon to my skin?

DeviantArt Profile