It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:17 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.3

Post by SilverAzide »

olenbr wrote: March 12th, 2020, 11:34 am hey raiguard. im currently using your network meter along with cpu meter and recently network meter no longer shows external IP and im not sure why.
Make sure the external IP provider is working; it may be getting blocked by your firewall policy. You can change the provider. Right-click the skin and select the Edit option. Find the measure [MeasureExternalIp] and change the URL option to URL=https://checkip.amazonaws.com. Save and refresh the skin to see if this works.
olenbr wrote: March 12th, 2020, 11:34 amalso 2nd issue i've noticed is that network meter will usually double my bits rate, meaning if my internet speed is at full which is around 300mbps it'll show 600mbps instead until I right click on multimeter and hit refresh then it'll fix until next reboot.
Doubled (or tripled, etc.) values might mean you have a virtual adapter that is causing the traffic to be counted incorrectly. Make sure you have configured the Network Meter to monitor your specific network adapter(s). Open the Settings and configure the network interfaces you want to monitor.
AMP

Post by AMP »

@raiguard

I love Modern Gadgets, thanks so much for all the work that you have put into it!

I want to add a feature for myself and am looking for guidance. I was able to put signal strength on the main part of the network meter and had no issue doing that. What I would like to do now is add a second graph that would also have those values for signal quality and RSSI. I would also like to add a 3rd graph that would graph the ping time.

I was able to modify the existing graph and replace the download/upload lines with signal quality and make it work as a test, but I am unable to figure out to make a 2nd or 3rd graph under the 1st one. I tried copy/pasting to duplicate the values that relate to graphs in NetworkMeter.ini but cannot get an additional graph to appear.

If I want to add an additional graph(s), is that coming from somewhere else than NetworkMeter.ini? Any other hints on making this possible?

Thanks,
AMP
Network Meter.PNG
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Did you try making the skin taller? Perhaps your additional graphs are there, but getting clipped. There is a stylesheet include file and some other variables controlling this, I think.
AMP

Post by AMP »

SilverAzide wrote: March 26th, 2020, 4:08 pm Did you try making the skin taller? Perhaps your additional graphs are there, but getting clipped. There is a stylesheet include file and some other variables controlling this, I think.
Figured it out, and it did have to do with the stylesheet. I had to duplicate the [StyleLineGraph] and make values for [StyleLineGraph2] and [StyleLineGraph3] in there, then reference those in NetworkMeter.ini

Here's a pic, I'm going to continue tweaking colors and move the values pertaining to the graph near them, or even on them if possible. Thanks for the help SilverAzide@ !

Network Meter2a.PNG
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

AMP wrote: March 26th, 2020, 3:51 pmwords
Glad you got it sorted. Adding signal quality and ping lines to the graph would actually be extremely trivial, so I'll add it in for the next version.

And thanks SilverAzide for being on top of things, I've been pretty distracted lately. :D
AMP

Post by AMP »

raiguard wrote: March 26th, 2020, 6:56 pm Glad you got it sorted. Adding signal quality and ping lines to the graph would actually be extremely trivial, so I'll add it in for the next version.

And thanks SilverAzide for being on top of things, I've been pretty distracted lately. :D
Thanks raiguard! That would be awesome!

I would have put them all on the same graph, but it didn't seem to scale correctly with the download/upload to be useful to look at. I also messed with trying to get the dBm value there, but I think it might not be working due to being a negative value.

Others might like seeing the SSID / signal strength dBm / quality on the main screen rather than just a hover over the Wifi icon too, but that's just my preference because I like to see it continually all at once on my skin. I have that incorporated into my mod of your skin.

Now all I want after that is to both display and graph the Windows reported Wifi connection speed, but I know that's not currently part of the Rainmeter WiFiStatus plugin. A developer has some code out there https://github.com/cgaspar/rainmeter/commit/b73043d8ce781cd29b31802bde74cbb0d8ba71cc that maybe could enable it, possibly by getting the modified dll, but it's been out there for 4 years and isn't merged into Rainmeter. Not sure if there would be more to it than getting and replacing the WiFiStatus.dll and calling the TXRATE measure from though. I reached out the developer there to see if there's anyway they could help me get that working somehow. Maybe I'll have to venture into compiling, but I haven't done that before so that might taking some deep diving and learning to figure out how to do that.
SouthwestDakota

Post by SouthwestDakota »

Hi!

Love your skin.

Having a bit of an issue with your new Weather plugin. When I search for a city and hit Enter, nothing appears at all. See the attached screenshot.

Yes, the API for Dark Sky works.
Attachments
Annotation 2020-03-28 205907.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

SouthwestDakota wrote: March 29th, 2020, 3:59 amHaving a bit of an issue with your new Weather plugin. When I search for a city and hit Enter, nothing appears at all. See the attached screenshot.
Are you sure "san diego" is a real place? I thought it was just a myth, kind of like Atlantis, but with more traffic and less water.

Kidding! Just kidding! It's working for me. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the system tray and select About, then check the Log tab for errors. You might see some warning messages the first time you open the skin, but you should not see any errors.
MGWM.jpg
SouthwestDakota

Post by SouthwestDakota »

SilverAzide wrote: March 29th, 2020, 3:40 pm Are you sure "san diego" is a real place? I thought it was just a myth, kind of like Atlantis, but with more traffic and less water.

Kidding! Just kidding! It's working for me. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the system tray and select About, then check the Log tab for errors. You might see some warning messages the first time you open the skin, but you should not see any errors.
MGWM.jpg
Nah fam, San Diego is in some parallel universe, but I demand it get recognized by the skin!

Anywho, all that gets loaded is this

Refreshing skin (ModernGadgets\WeatherMeter\Settings\CityLocator\CityLocator.ini)

No specific errors.

Although I do see this pop up a lot:
Formula: Division by 0 in key "Disabled" in [MeasureCpuTempSpeedFanCore1] (ModernGadgets\CpuMeter\CpuMeter.ini)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Huh. Weird... I can't get it to NOT work. Try your search again, then in the About dialog, on the Skins tab select the CityLocator.ini skin, then find the measure MeasureWebParser. Does it have a string value? If so, can you post the data?