It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:56 am

⭐ Weather.com - Parsing the V3 JSON

Our most popular Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Team and others
SCR

Re: ⭐ weather.com - Parsing the JSON

Post by SCR »

If the OP wants to check on the gust measure I am now experiencing a wind Gust speed of 17 mph 3/27/20 12:17 pm EDT. Location Code = USNY1233. I would post a screen shot but I have forgotten how to do that.

Having said all that I will now return to my assigned seat on the forums observation deck and get back to finding a elusive intermittent problem in my developing weather skin.

It is my sincere hope that everyone stays healthy.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SCR wrote: March 27th, 2020, 4:26 pm If the OP wants to check on the gust measure I am now experiencing a wind Gust speed of 17 mph 3/27/20 12:17 pm EDT. Location Code = USNY1233. I would post a screen shot but I have forgotten how to do that.
Exactly. Right now speed is 12, gust is 17.
SCR wrote: March 27th, 2020, 4:26 pm It is my sincere hope that everyone stays healthy.
Hope the same...
Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth »

SCR wrote: March 27th, 2020, 4:26 pm If the OP wants to check on the gust measure I am now experiencing a wind Gust speed of 17 mph 3/27/20 12:17 pm EDT. Location Code = USNY1233. I would post a screen shot but I have forgotten how to do that.

Having said all that I will now return to my assigned seat on the forums observation deck and get back to finding a elusive intermittent problem in my developing weather skin.

It is my sincere hope that everyone stays healthy.
Woohoo! :thumbup: Finally got a valid reading (for USNY1233)
2020-03-27 (14).png
Edit: I'm getting a reading (gusts: 22mph) in my local area now (4:00 P EDT).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sabertooth on March 27th, 2020, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sabertooth wrote: March 27th, 2020, 5:10 pm Finally got a valid reading (for USNY1233)
Good! This means there was no such a value returned by the site, for a longer time. Glad if you got it working finally.
SCR

Post by SCR »

Sabertooth wrote: March 27th, 2020, 5:10 pm Woohoo! :thumbup: Finally got a valid reading (for USNY1233)

2020-03-27 (14).png
Excellent !!! Oh and I figured out how to attach a screenshot...Duh!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Hi all!
It's been a very long time from my last post... O.O

...and now I discovered that my weather skin isn't working anymore! :twisted:

Before I waste my almost inexistent free time trying to understand if and how I can fix it, since it's been a long time since I edited or created a skin, can you please tell me if using that json I can have all I need to replace the old wxdata for four days?

Please consider me as less as a newbie, now... :oops:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

fonpaolo wrote: March 30th, 2020, 8:35 pm Hi all!

Before I waste my almost inexistent free time trying to understand if and how I can fix it, since it's been a long time since I edited or created a skin, can you please tell me if using that json I can have all I need to replace the old wxdata for four days?

Yes, the JSON data can provide up to 5 days of weather using the @Current... and @Forecast... measure values.

A quick overview of converting an existing skin would be to copy all of the JSON weather measures to your @Resources folder in the skin, then in your weather skin, replace all MeasureName=... with the name of the corresponding JSON weather measure names.

JSMorley provided a reference list to help with the process.

Add #includes for the JSON weather files you will use and finally, remove all of the WXData measures.

Welcome back! :welcome:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

fonpaolo wrote: March 30th, 2020, 8:35 pm Hi all!

Yes, and more. It looks something like this (well, not exactly like that, since the structure was "formatted" for clarity, but you get the point).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks for the replies, however I'm very rusty, now...

I tried to understand how this is working, digging in the code in the skin I downloaded, thanks jsmorley, however I got lost after two lines of code... :-(

I don't even know if it's possible, but all I want to do is download only the json part and use it in my skin, hoping it contains all the information I need.
...and no, I don't want to redo my skin from scratch, so, I want to use and/or modify my measures, but limit the changes to the minimum possible.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote: April 1st, 2020, 12:43 pm Thanks for the replies, however I'm very rusty, now...

I tried to understand how this is working, digging in the code in the skin I downloaded, thanks jsmorley, however I got lost after two lines of code... :-(

I don't even know if it's possible, but all I want to do is download only the json part and use it in my skin, hoping it contains all the information I need.
...and no, I don't want to redo my skin from scratch, so, I want to use and/or modify my measures, but limit the changes to the minimum possible.
To each his own, but that is just not an approach I agree with, and wouldn't put in the enormous effort required to do it.

I'd be happy to help you get started with using the .inc files with the full set of measures, and give some hints on how to use them with your skin, but I don't think it makes sense, in the short or long term, to re-invent the wheel.