It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:42 pm

Simple COVID-19 Stats Skin

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
ms310

Simple COVID-19 Stats Skin

Post by ms310 »

I've decided to share this skin with this site - I've had some great help as usual.

This skin shows how to take WebParser measures and do calculations with them while also delaying those calculations until the WebParser does it's job so you don't get errors. The skin also shows a simple BAR meter.

The skin uses Chameleon to change the colors based on the screen wallpaper directly below the skin. When you hover over the skin the colors the Chameleon plugin are reading are displayed. You can comment these lines out if you want.
2020-03-30_08h19_11.png

This skin could not have been completed by me with excellent advice and help from JSMORLEY, Balala, and mak_kawa.

20200330.01: Attempted to fix the up/down/equal indicator - it is "closer" but it is always "down" now.
20200330.01: Added an indicator to determine if the new refreshed value is greater, equal or less than the previous value (still work in progress, always indicates greater at the moment)
20200326.01: Added Last updated and cleaned up click to URL (thanks again mak_kawa)
20200325.01: Added mouse over source data web link. Clicking skin opens source URL. Cleaned up skin (thanks mak_kawa)
20200324.01: initial release
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ms310 on March 29th, 2020, 11:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ms310

Re: Simple COVID-19 Stats Skin

Post by ms310 »

Is anyone using this? I have a few simple updates and will upload it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Uhm... A constant reminder of the global misery that is already inescapable in everyone's daily life is not something I'm exactly in the market for... 😜

I just want a skin that displays animations of puppies playing with kittens.

ms310

Post by ms310 »

jsmorley wrote: March 25th, 2020, 12:42 am Uhm... A constant reminder of the global misery that is already inescapable in everyone's daily life is not something I'm exactly in the market for... 😜

I just want a skin that displays animations of puppies playing with kittens.

That's fair. I like to stay informed and prefer a reminder of why I am locked down. Plus this motivated me to reach out for help and gain some additional Rainmeter skills - but I totally take your point. Feel free to delete the post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I was just pulling your leg... ;-)
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi ms310

Nice informative skin...although I do fear when see these values. :-)

BTW, I have two points about your skin, but not important thing at all. Ignore if you feel trivial.

1. You had better name the extension for include file as "inc" for keeping out the "mix-up". because the "ini" file tends to be recognized as independently loadable skin file by Rainmeter.

2. FinishAction is not supported in Calc measure, I think.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

mak_kawa wrote: March 25th, 2020, 3:39 am Hi ms310

Nice informative skin...although I do fear when see these values. :-)

BTW, I have two points about your skin, but not important thing at all. Ignore if you feel trivial.

1. You had better name the extension for include file as "inc" for keeping out the "mix-up". because the "ini" file tends to be recognized as independently loadable skin file by Rainmeter.

2. FinishAction is not supported in Calc measure, I think.
1. Thank you! I have fixed this.
2. I didn't realize that - thanks. I've removed it and all is well.

Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the original post with another version.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi ms310

Following comments are maybe just my meddling (=osekkai), sorry.

1. !Execute bang is deprecated in current Rainmeter. So the line in [Rainmeter] section can be simply described as LeftMouseUpAction=["https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/"].

2. UpdateDivider=7200 in the MeasureOverall measure means this measure is updated every 4320000 seconds = 1200 hours = 50 days!!, because the default UpdateRate for the Webparser measure is 600. Webparser measure update cycle is Update * UpdateDivider * UpdateRate, so in this case, 1 * 600 * 7200 = 4320000 seconds. That means this skin is updated practically only at the loading (refreshing).

3. "When this data is updated?" is very important for such statistic data. So, how about adding the "Last updated" to the skin?
ms310

Post by ms310 »

mak_kawa wrote: March 26th, 2020, 5:24 am Hi ms310

Following comments are maybe just my meddling (=osekkai), sorry.

1. !Execute bang is deprecated in current Rainmeter. So the line in [Rainmeter] section can be simply described as LeftMouseUpAction=["https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/"].

2. UpdateDivider=7200 in the MeasureOverall measure means this measure is updated every 4320000 seconds = 1200 hours = 50 days!!, because the default UpdateRate for the Webparser measure is 600. Webparser measure update cycle is Update * UpdateDivider * UpdateRate, so in this case, 1 * 600 * 7200 = 4320000 seconds. That means this skin is updated practically only at the loading (refreshing).

3. "When this data is updated?" is very important for such statistic data. So, how about adding the "Last updated" to the skin?
Great advice - thank you very much! Updated first post with these upgrades.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

I'm having some trouble - for some reason the numeric values are only the first three digits when removing the "," from the original values:

2020-03-30_08h49_15.png
As read from WebParser:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTotal]
Measure=WebParser
URL=[MeasureOverall]
StringIndex=2
Substitute="":"..."
DynamicVariables=1
As converted to do math:

Code: Select all

[decOverall]
Measure=String
String=[MeasureTotal]
Substitute=",":""
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#>#ChangeTotal#)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable DirectionTotal "[\x2191]"]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#<#ChangeTotal#)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable DirectionTotal "[\x2193]"]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#=#ChangeTotal#)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable DirectionTotal "[\x2194]"]
OnChangeAction=[!Delay "1000"][!SetVariable ChangeTotal "[decOverall]"][!UpdateMeter "mTotal"][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.