It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:03 am

Fade Away

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
thesurfinsuricate

Re: Fade Away

Post by thesurfinsuricate »

balala wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 2:48 pm Not completely. A transparency set to 255 means complet opaque meters. The transparency set to 0 means completely transparent. A value between 0 and 255 means an according transparency.

Yep, if you set a transparency for those meters, you'll see the wallpaper through them. But as said, this is not the single possible solution, but it's the easiest one. There are other possibilities as well. Interested?

The idea was to have an easy way to check what's happening when you're using different transparencies.
Yes so much I've somewhat figured out (0 - 255), the dilemma was that before i posted here today i wanted to give the effect a bit more "power", "umph", but when i lowered the transparency wallpaper started showing through...

if it's not to much fuss?
(its pretty nice as it is...tbh)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 3:04 pm Yes so much I've somewhat figured out (0 - 255), the dilemma was that before i posted here today i wanted to give the effect a bit more "power", "umph", but when i lowered the transparency wallpaper started showing through...
Take care that if you set the transparency of a meter to 0 (making it completely transparent), it doesn't react anymore to mouse hovering. This means that a such completely transparent meter doesn't execute the MouseOverAction when you're hovering the mouse over it.
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 3:04 pm if it's not to much fuss?
(its pretty nice as it is...tbh)
Now not sure. Is alright this solution?
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 3:33 pm Take care that if you set the transparency of a meter to 0 (making it completely transparent), it doesn't react anymore to mouse hovering. This means that a such completely transparent meter doesn't execute the MouseOverAction when you're hovering the mouse over it.

Now not sure. Is alright this solution?
Yes its fine! you helped me with the skin some days ago, I'm thankful...

(tried this but didn't get to work https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/54m43q/changing_icon_colours_on_hover/)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 3:52 pm Yes its fine! you helped me with the skin some days ago, I'm thankful...
That's good, I'm glad. :thumbup:
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 3:52 pm (tried this but didn't get to work https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/54m43q/changing_icon_colours_on_hover/)
If I understand well, you'd like to recolor the image when you're hovering the mouse over it. Am I right?
If I am, you have to set the ColorMatrixN options. Not an easy task to get them properly working, but here is a good description on how these options are working. Read it and let me know if you succeeded.
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 4:38 pm That's good, I'm glad. :thumbup:

If I understand well, you'd like to recolor the image when you're hovering the mouse over it. Am I right?
If I am, you have to set the ColorMatrixN options. Not an easy task to get them properly working, but here is a good description on how these options are working. Read it and let me know if you succeeded.
Yeah, the idea was to make the game icons darker instead of more transparent. But looking at ColorMatrixN options, that's more or less Swahili for me at this point, trying to learn the basics (and then some)... Besides the skin looks darn good as it is...

Of topic (probably deserves a topic of itself): just curious I often listen to an internet radio channel called intergalactic.fm (/Dream Machine). There's an option on the site to download 128k aac+ or 192k mp3 files that can be played when Firefox (in my case) isn't opened. if I open one of these files (128k aac+ or 192k mp3) i VLC-player - VLC shows artist and name of the track (at top of the player) wmp doesn't. Hence if i download (or create) a player lets call it "NowPlayingRainmeterSkin" and set it to wmp the name of the artist and title of the track doesn't show.

Is there a way to fix this?
And alternative: I also tried to find RSS-feeds for the channels(1-3) on https://www.intergalactic.fm/ to make an RSS Skin but couldn't find it.

Is it possible to have an "now playing skin" (or / and a "IFM-player") for https://www.intergalactic.fm/ (and the Dream Machine stream)?
Something like alternative 1 or 2 in picture below. Or is it impossible (for a somewhat average user)?
(The examples is made in PS and are fake)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 10:02 am Yeah, the idea was to make the game icons darker instead of more transparent. But looking at ColorMatrixN options, that's more or less Swahili for me at this point, trying to learn the basics (and then some)... Besides the skin looks darn good as it is...
But it's not extremely hard, especially not for basic things, like making the images darker or lighter. As said, the ColorMtrix Guide is a very good description on how these options are working.
So, here is my approach on how could you do this:
  • For first add a new variable (Light) into the [Variables] section Light=0.25. Will explain a little bit later what this variable is for.
  • Remove the ImageAlpha options from all of the [1] - [4] meters.
  • Now add the following three options to the same meters:

Code: Select all

ColorMatrix1=#Light#;0;0;0;0
    ColorMatrix2=0;#Light#;0;0;0
    ColorMatrix3=0;0;#Light#;0;0
  • Replace the [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "255"] and [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "#ImageAlpha#"] bangs of the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of all meters with the following three bangs:
    • Replace [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "255"] with [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"] (into the MouseOverAction options).
    • Replace [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "#ImageAlpha#"] with [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "#Light#;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;#Light#;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;#Light#;0;0"] (MouseLeaveAction options).
  • Finally get rid of the ImageAlpha variable within the [Vaiables] section, because it is not needed anymore.
What the Light variable is for? The smaller initial value do you choose for it, the darker the images are, while the mouse isn't hovered over them. You can play with different values between 0 and 1, to see how does it work. For instance for Light=0 the meters will be completely black at the first moment, while for Light=1 they are "normal" and there is no difference when you're hovering the mouse over them.
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 5:03 pm But it's not extremely hard, especially not for basic things, like making the images darker or lighter. As said, the ColorMtrix Guide is a very good description on how these options are working.
So, here is my approach on how could you do this:
  • For first add a new variable (Light) into the [Variables] section Light=0.25. Will explain a little bit later what this variable is for.
  • Remove the ImageAlpha options from all of the [1] - [4] meters.
  • Now add the following three options to the same meters:

Code: Select all

• Replace the [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "255"] and [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "#ImageAlpha#"] bangs of the MouseOverAction and MouseLeaveAction options of all meters with the following three bangs:
    • Replace [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "255"] with [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"] (into the MouseOverAction options).
    • Replace [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha "#ImageAlpha#"] with [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "#Light#;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;#Light#;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;#Light#;0;0"] (MouseLeaveAction options).
  • Finally get rid of the ImageAlpha variable within the [Vaiables] section, because it is not needed anymore.
What the Light variable is for? The smaller initial value do you choose for it, the darker the images are, while the mouse isn't hovered over them. You can play with different values between 0 and 1, to see how does it work. For instance for Light=0 the meters will be completely black at the first moment, while for Light=1 they are "normal" and there is no difference when you're hovering the mouse over them.
Yes! I got it to work but there was one problem: the effect was a bit delayed, the zoom was instant but the switch from darker to lighter was delayed. mouse over- zoom in... lighter picture... mouse away - zoom out... Darker picture. I tried to resize the pictures to 300x200 (smaller) that didn't work. The only thing that seems to work was to put the [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"] first... before the [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "6"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "6"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "108"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "158"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw].

Strange maybe the ColorMatrix is a bit computer demanding?
[Metadata]
Name=GameLauncher-Games
Author=coae
Information=Games
Version=1.0
License=CC BY-SA 3.0

[GameLauncher-Games]

[Variables]
Light=0.70

[1]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\OctopathTraveler_01.png
X=10
Y=10
H=150
W=100
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=["D:\Games\Octopath Traveler\Octopath_Traveler.exe"][!ToggleFade "GameLauncher" "Games.ini"]
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "6"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "6"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "6"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "108"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "158"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "#Light#;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;#Light#;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;#Light#;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "10"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "10"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "100"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "150"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw]

only 1 to keep things simple but tried on all 4...

Btw, do you know about the site and feed i mentioned in previous post?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 6:34 pm Yes! I got it to work but there was one problem: the effect was a bit delayed, the zoom was instant but the switch from darker to lighter was delayed. mouse over- zoom in... lighter picture... mouse away - zoom out... Darker picture. I tried to resize the pictures to 300x200 (smaller) that didn't work. The only thing that seems to work was to put the [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"] first... before the [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# X "6"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# Y "6"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# W "108"][!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# H "158"][!UpdateMeter "#CURRENTSECTION#"][!Redraw].

Strange maybe the ColorMatrix is a bit computer demanding?
No, it's not. And I don't have such delays. Maybe try to add a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to all of those four meters.
If this doesn't fix the issue (and I suppose it doesn't), please pack the whole config you have (including the @Resource folder as well) and upload the package here to can check it.
thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 6:34 pm Btw, do you know about the site and feed i mentioned in previous post?
No, I don't. That's why I didn't reply to that question. Could take a look if I'll have enough time, but now I don't know.
thesurfinsuricate

balala wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 6:50 pm No, it's not. And I don't have such delays. Maybe try to add a SolidColor=0,0,0,1 option to all of those four meters.
If this doesn't fix the issue (and I suppose it doesn't), please pack the whole config you have (including the @Resource folder as well) and upload the package here to can check it.

No, I don't. That's why I didn't reply to that question. Could take a look if I'll have enough time, but now I don't know.

thanks! when i put it first that removed the delay...
tbh when i compare the darker vs transparent i almost think the later look better... hmm

I see, thought it was because it was unrelated to org topic. Basically spent some hours today trying to figure out...
if i open the 128k aac+ or 192k mp3 with notepad the text reads http://radio.intergalactic.fm:80/3aac (don't know if that's any help)
If you have time I'll really appreciate it!..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

thesurfinsuricate wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 7:04 pm thanks! when i put it first that removed the delay...
Did it? Weird, but I'm glad. :lol: