A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

illustro Simple Weather (updated)

Post by eclectic-tech »

illustroSimpleWeather5.png
illustro Simple Weather
  • Added language translation support
  • 7 translations included: English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese (Simplified), Romanian, Hungarian
  • Weather.com does not support all languages, but other languages should be easy to add (I will not take requests, you can do it)
  • Current Condition / Temperature / Temperature Range / Wind Speed and Direction / Humidity
  • Context Menu: Weather.com / Fahrenheit~Celsius / Location Code Lookup / Languages
Last edited by eclectic-tech on September 2nd, 2017, 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustro Simple Weather (updated)

Post by balala »

Hi eclectic-tech, very good and interesting code, as usual. I like it, but I'd add two more language, if you'll want to include them in your next release: Romanian and Hungarian.
If I'm not mistaken, I have to add (and I did) the following options to the indicated sections:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
ContextTitle11=Romanian
ContextAction11=[!WriteKeyValue Variables LocalLanguage "ro"][!Refresh]
ContextTitle12=Hungarian
ContextAction12=[!WriteKeyValue Variables LocalLanguage "hu"][!Refresh]

[MeasureLanguage]
IfMatch6=(?i).*ro.*
IfMatchAction6=[!SetVariable Condition "Condiție curentă"][!SetVariable Temperature "Temperatură"][!SetVariable Range "Interval"][!SetVariable Humidity "Umiditate"][!SetVariable Wind "Vânt"]
IfMatch7=(?i).*hu.*
IfMatchAction7=[!SetVariable Condition "Állapot"][!SetVariable Temperature "Hőmérséklet"][!SetVariable Range "Határok"][!SetVariable Humidity "Nedvesség"][!SetVariable Wind "Szél"]
If I'm not wrong, that's all, right? If not, just please tell me what else I have to translate and I'll post them.
And one more observation: the AppVersion option of the [Rainmeter] section is deprecated. You should remove it.
Please take into account to add these options into the next version of your skin, if you'll make a new one.

Thanks in advance.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks balala!

I didn't want to add too many languages to crowd up the Context Menu, but I will add those language options in the next couple of days :thumbup:
Completely overlooked that the AppVersion was still there from the original illustro skins :oops: I'll remove it in the update.

I have to concentrate on my Federal, State, and Local Income taxes for a while... April 18th deadline is approaching!
"Only two things are guaranteed in life... Death and Taxes!" :x

Thanks again for your input and advice! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: "Only two things are guaranteed in life... Death and Taxes!" :x
True!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Added Hungarian & Romanian (per balala's suggestion)

If you want any other languages, simply follow the same 2 addition steps balala posted ... :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Added Hungarian & Romanian (per balala's suggestion)
Thanks.
Kaneki

Post by Kaneki »

hello eclectic-tech i would like to add the
Weather icons start do could you help me please for lines of code :oops:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kaneki wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 7:31 pm hello eclectic-tech i would like to add the
Weather icons start do could you help me please for lines of code :oops:
The illustro style does not use icons, it is a basic skin with only text. I did update this skin to work after the "Wednesday Weather Wipeout", but I think trying to add icons to this would not be in keeping with the illustro style. :uhuh:

I may have time to look at doing an example skin code to show how you could possibly add icons... but it may be a few days before I can post anything.
Kaneki

Post by Kaneki »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 4th, 2020, 3:59 am The illustro style does not use icons, it is a basic skin with only text. I did update this skin to work after the "Wednesday Weather Wipeout", but I think trying to add icons to this would not be in keeping with the illustro style. :uhuh:

I may have time to look at doing an example skin code to show how you could possibly add icons... but it may be a few days before I can post anything.
ok thanks you very much for are job :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kaneki wrote: February 4th, 2020, 7:58 pm ok thanks you very much for are job :thumbup:
Had a few minutes...

This is a patch that adds a new skin "illustroSimpleWeather_Icons.ini" to the illustroSimpleWeather folder.
It also adds icon images (courtesy of TJ Markham's Win10 Widgets) in the @Resources\Icons folder.

This requires you have illustroSimpleWeather already installed to work.

The only change is a current condition icon to the right of the title... not too many other places to fit it in :???:

isw_icons.png
Besides adding the Icons folder, the only change to the code was a 1 new Image Meter [MeterNowIcon] as the first meter.

Code: Select all

; --------------------------
; METERS
; Note: not in reading order
; --------------------------

[MeterNowIcon]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Icons\[MeasureCurrentIcon]
X=170
Y=7
W=26
H=26