It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:30 am

Rainmeter Installing Error

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Installing Error

Post by jsmorley »

dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 7:57 pm 1. I installed the normal version not the portable on my desktop, because i cant edit the path
2. I dont have any Document Ordner in my Folder. There is nothing like these Folder

3. Now my main question, my English is not the best and can u summarize how i make ur second point finnish?
You CANNOT install the "normal mode" on your desktop. That is just not possible.

The definition of "normal mode" is:

1) The program will be installed in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter. You can't change that.

Then, the first time the program is run:

2) The settings will be created in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter. You can't change that.
3) The default skins will be deployed to C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins. You can change that later, in the Settings panel for Rainmeter.

4) An entry for the Rainmeter "uninstaller" will be created in your Windows Registry
5) An association between the file type .rmksin and the SkinInstaller program will be created in the Windows Registry
6) A shortcut to Rainmeter.exe will be created in your Windows Startup folder
7) A shortcut to Rainmeter.exe will be created in your Windows Programs folder
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

Okay now i install it new. i make some screenshots for you:

1. I open the exe file with a double click | http://prntscr.com/qx1px0

2. Then it come this window, which i cant edit | http://prntscr.com/qx1qa1

3. Then it load like 70k files and i had to wait 5-15min to complete this | http://prntscr.com/qx1qfn

And yet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

1.png

2.png

3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I don't really understand these two:
dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 7:57 pm 1. I installed the normal version not the portable on my desktop, because i cant edit the path
What can't you edit (Ok, in meantime I found the answer in your last post)? But why and especially how have you installed it on desktop if you can't edit that path? Such in a case it should be installed onto the default location, which definitely isn't the desktop.
dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 7:57 pm 2. I dont have any Document Ordner in my Folder. There is nothing like these Folder
Where and what you don't have?
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

I dont have the Document Folder where smth in it what u are questioned for.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If you are REALLY sure that you deleted all traces of Rainmeter from your system, and then you install a freshly downloaded version of Rainmeter, and you get those screenshots you just posted, then you have a real problem.

Somehow, you have re-defined the official location for "Program Files" to be your desktop.. Oh my.

Hold down CTRL and hit the "R" key

In the "Run" box, type "cmd.exe" and hit enter.

In the console that will appear, type "set" and hit enter.

Tell me what you get for the environment variable "ProgramFiles". It SHOULD be "ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files". Is it something else?

And if you edit the result to remove your Windows account "name", so I can't be sure what you are actually getting, I'm done with this. Nobody cares what your account name is, nor can anyone misuse it.
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

jsmorley wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 8:14 pm If you are REALLY sure that you deleted all traces of Rainmeter from your system, and then you install a freshly downloaded version of Rainmeter, and you get those screenshots you just posted, then you have a real problem.

Somehow, you have re-defined the official location for "Program Files" to be your desktop.. Oh my.

Hold down CTRL and hit the "R" key

In the "Run" box, type "cmd.exe" and hit enter.

In the console that will appear, type "set" and hit enter.

Tell me what you get for the environment variable "ProgramFiles". It SHOULD be "ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files". Is it something else?

And if you edit the result to remove your Windows account "name", so I can't be sure what you are actually getting, I'm done with this. Nobody cares what your account name is, nor can anyone misuse it.
ProgramFiles=C:\ProgramFiles
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 8:13 pm I dont have the Document Folder where smth in it what u are questioned for.
Come on, you should have a Document folder. Is it missing? Would be extremely weird...
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

One Question: How big is Rainmeter? Now it looks like it is more than 16GB big?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 8:18 pm ProgramFiles=C:\ProgramFiles
Is it C:\ProgramFiles, or C:\Program Files (with a space)?