It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:43 pm

Rainmeter Installing Error

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Installing Error

Post by jsmorley »

dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm Thank you,

but another Problem:

I Have downloaded this Skin:
https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=05TQESLydE0&redir_token=XdPl_QJKMtYshUVbyJOfVD5wrEh8MTU4MDgyNTY3MkAxNTgwNzM5Mjcy&event=video_description&q=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FVisualizerSkin

And when i open it it says this:
http://prntscr.com/qww9gj

What can i do? Im very confused, i only wanna fresh up my Desktop and nothing work
Using the Rainmeter context menu, open About / Version and post the information you get by clicking on "Copy to clipboard" here.

1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

Okay thanks i giving it up with that buggy software. Nothing works every time it dont start and crashes.
I delete Rainmeter.

I wish u good day and bye!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:34 pm Okay thanks i giving it up with that buggy software. Nothing works every time it dont start and crashes.
I delete Rainmeter.

I wish u good day and bye!
Fair enough. I caution that what you are seeing tells me you have some underlying issue with your system, that may well come back to bite you in some other instances. There is nothing particularly "special" or "unusual" about Rainmeter and how and where it is installed. You have a good day as well.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:21 pm What can i do? Im very confused, i only wanna fresh up my Desktop and nothing work
Before you give it up, have follow jsmorle's advices? If you have and still can't get it to work, please check the followings: open the Rainmeter.ini, by right clicking the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area and clicking Edit settings. Rainmeter.ini opens in the default text editor. Check the SkinPath option within the [Rainmeter] section. What is it?
Check the location provided by the above SkinPath. I suppose the skins are not there. Are they?
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

Okay thank u im trying this now (i wanna fix this now)
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

jsmorley wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:37 pm Fair enough. I caution that what you are seeing tells me you have some underlying issue with your system, that may well come back to bite you in some other instances. There is nothing particularly "special" or "unusual" about Rainmeter and how and where it is installed. You have a good day as well.
Thank u for your help and yeah i have problems with other software that already dont work.
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

Hey

i copied that for u:

Rainmeter 4.4.0.3338 beta (64-bit)
Language: German (1031)
Build time: 2019-11-19 7:55:40
Commit Hash: ab72019a
Windows 10 Pro 1909 64-bit (build 18363) - German (1031)
Path: C:\Users\---\Desktop\
SkinPath: C:\Users\---\Desktop\Skins\
SettingsPath: C:\Users\---\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\---\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini

And yeah thats my first time that i try the beta, so i hope it works better!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 7:36 pm i copied that for u:
Please check if the skins are really in the indicated folder (C:\Users\---\Desktop\Skins\). To be honest it seems extremely unlikely to have the skins on desktop. Is Rainmeter installed normally or as portable?
dedelogx wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 7:36 pm And yeah thats my first time that i try the beta, so i hope it works better!
Betas are perfectly alright, there is nothing wrong with them. For sure not this is the problem.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Read here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=30869#p157358

Then maybe more importantly, read here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=30869#p157423

I don't know how you ended up with the program installed on directly on your Desktop, and the skins installed also on your desktop, but this is not what you want. Literally the only way I can even see to do that would be to install Rainmeter in "normal mode", then just move the installed program folder contents from C:\Program Files\Rainmeter to your desktop, then edit Rainmeter.ini and change SkinPath to your desktop. That is the only way I can think of that you end up with that, while still having the settings properly be in ..AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter.

You really need to delete everything and start over.

Delete EVERYTHING related to Rainmeter on your Desktop, and the entire C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter folder.

1) Make sure you don't have that "Protect Folders" security I linked to above set in Windows, or if you do, turn if off at least temporarily, until you can install Rainmeter and then "whitelist" Rainmeter.exe and SkinInstaller.exe. Rainmeter simply won't work in "normal mode" if you don't.

2) Make sure you have write access to your C:\Users\UserName\Documents folder. Make sure you can create files there WITHOUT any UAC prompt coming up asking you to confirm you want to do this. You should own that folder, and have full and unfettered access to it. If you can't write to your own documents folder, that tells me you "restored" your documents from from a backup at some point, and the folder/file "ownership" of the Documents folder is now very screwed up. If this is the case, I can send you a link to a little utility can can help.

3) Install Rainmeter using "normal mode".
dedelogx

Post by dedelogx »

1. I installed the normal version not the portable on my desktop, because i cant edit the path
2. I dont have any Document Ordner in my Folder. There is nothing like these Folder

3. Now my main question, my English is not the best and can u summarize how i make ur second point finnish?