It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:07 am

New person...want to uninstall

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
longtony

New person...want to uninstall

Post by longtony »

I thought this would be super simple and easy to do. I downloaded the "4.4 Beta Release - r3338 | November 19, 2019" and it was 860GB....now I can't uninstall. Will someone please help me? Everything I go to uninstall, it just says "NSIS Error | Error launching installer". I have tried from both the Control Panel and the apps and features window.

I do not want this on my computer anymore. This is super frustrating. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New person...want to uninstall

Post by balala »

longtony wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 9:18 pm I downloaded the "4.4 Beta Release - r3338 | November 19, 2019" and it was 860GB....now I can't uninstall.
:x :o 860GB??? :o :x
Never download Rainmeter from other site than https://www.rainmeter.net/. The installer package is around a few MB (the mentioned version, r3338, has exactly 2,37 MB), not more hundreds GB.
Not sure what you could do. Probably a virus, malware or something like this is involved. An antivirus might help, but unfortunately I'm not sure.
longtony

Post by longtony »

https://www.rainmeter.net/ is where I downloaded this from. When you go to that website, do you not see the beta for download on the homepage?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

longtony wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 9:34 pm https://www.rainmeter.net/ is where I downloaded this from. When you go to that website, do you not see the beta for download on the homepage?
But yes, I see it:
Download.png
Just downloaded. As said the downloaded package has 2.37 MB. And it really is so large, certainly not 860 GB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
longtony

Post by longtony »

Well I clicked on that, it downloaded the installer, and it began to install. Once I saw how large the file was, I tried to stop the install, but it wouldn't let me. How are you clicking on the exact same link and getting a different file but I am not?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

longtony wrote: February 2nd, 2020, 9:43 pm How are you clicking on the exact same link and getting a different file but I am not?
I definitely would launch an antivirus on your computer.
longtony

Post by longtony »

I did, and currently there are no threats. But to not be able to uninstall this is quite frustrating.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

To manually uninstall, just delete the following 3 folders:

C:\Program Files\Rainmeter
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter

Rainmeter should not be running when you do this, and when deleting the first folder Windows may prompt you for elevation.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I DL it from there and it's 2,430 KB
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CyberTheWorm wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 7:16 am I DL it from there and it's 2,430 KB
That's exactly what I also said: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=171204#p171201.